Options

Labour forum?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The majority of posts are pro Labour so is everybody here all Labour supporters?

Comments

• Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Not at all, DS polls have proved this.

There is certainly a stance to the left on these boards.

Its a very liberal and at times cut throat place.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see more Tory posters on here than Labour? I also see alot of UKIP too!
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    The majority of posts are pro Labour so is everybody here all Labour supporters?

i think you must be suffering from selective reading

i would say there is quite an even mix on here , possibly with kippers slightly over-represented
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

i would say there is quite an even mix on here , possibly with kippers slightly over-represented

Just think when polls are 35% Labour and Tory there very few Tory given its so close.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You almost never get pro-Labour comments on here.

I think you are confusing anti-Conservative rhetoric as being a pro Labour thing.

Labour are not generally admired. Many people really despise the Conservatives though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For example all posts I see is showing a million scenarios where Cameron can't remain PM? Maybe it's the usual election thing where people just want change of leadership?
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Labour forum?

Hardly, take a look at the amount of support for UKIP (:)) and the Conservatives (double :(:() right here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2069066
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »

I think that is because "kippers" face a lot of abuse and criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=14209

This poll on here suggests it's a Labour forum?
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I suspect this time five years ago the majority of the posts were pro Tory for the very simple reason that it's easier to bitch about a government than it is an opposition.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    I think that is because "kippers" face a lot of abuse and criticism.

people reap what they sow usually
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarisse76 wrote: »
    I suspect this time five years ago the majority of the posts were pro Tory for the very simple reason that it's easier to bitch about a government than it is an opposition.

Maybe so but it was close Labour never fell short by much.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being pro-Labour would be like being pro spam sandwiches.

Labour, for many people, are merely better than the Conservatives.

In 1997 it was different, people really believed in St Tony.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour supporters are too busy spending quality time with their hard working families to be able to come on here and construct meaningless polls and "What if you or someone you care for <insert something bad here> by the Tories" type threads.

You'll probably find quite a few people who are green on here.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Labour are not generally admired. Many people really despise the Conservatives though.

You can count me in there. I despise the Tories and everything they stand for.

While Labour are not perfect, by any means, they will not make life difficult for the working class while favouring the rich toffs, unlike Cameron has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    You can count me in there. I despise the Tories and everything they stand for.

While Labour are not perfect, by any means, they will not make life difficult for the working class while favouring the rich toffs, unlike Cameron has.

Which is?

Im working class BTW.
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more pro Labour. There's normally more critical news stories posted that favour Labour and the PMQs discussions are usually full of posters trying to spin it Ed's way, when more often than not he's getting trounced.
    The only unity seems to be over Harriet Harman :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=14209

This poll on here suggests it's a Labour forum?
    Neck & neck, just like every other poll.
  • Options
    jeremy_woodsjeremy_woods Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Labour supporters are too busy spending quality time with their hard working families to be able to come on here and construct meaningless polls and "What if you or someone you care for <insert something bad here> by the Tories" type threads.

How on earth can you say that let's start naming all the pro Labour types shall we Net Nut, Jojoeno, Deidre Barlow, Jol44, 80s fan, Hildaon Pluto, petertard, amanda_raymond, styker, psy7ch amongst many many more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth can you say that let's start naming all the pro Labour types shall we Net Nut, Jojoeno, Deidre Barlow, Jol44, 80s fan, Hildaon Pluto, petertard, amanda_raymond, styker, psy7ch amongst many many more
    Do you reckon they're Labour supporters? I'd never have guessed, perhaps it's their reasoned argument and articulation that's confounded me. ;-)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Which is?

Im working class BTW.

The Tories are the party run by a rich elite to serve the rich elite, the privileged and the bankers.

The Tories cut, cut and cut some more at things like schools, the NHS and public services while cutting taxes for millionaires.

The Tories sell off services at knock-down rates to their rich mates.

The Tories destroy, never create. If you are sick, weak, in need, vulnerable or poor, you are scum to the Tories.

The Tories are all about the rich and always will be.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More sweeping generalisations I see,
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey......... *sulks*
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't take things too literally, Fixit was being sarcastic. You can easily list an equivalent number of Tory supporting FMs. There a regulars who support UKIP, even some LibDem posters. The one thing it certainly isn't is a predominantly Labour forum.

I don't think naming names is a terribly good idea. Those people are entitled to their opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    The Tories are the party run by a rich elite to serve the rich elite, the privileged and the bankers.

The Tories cut, cut and cut some more at things like schools, the NHS and public services while cutting taxes for millionaires.

The Tories sell off services at knock-down rates to their rich mates.

The Tories destroy, never create. If you are sick, weak, in need, vulnerable or poor, you are scum to the Tories.

The Tories are all about the rich and always will be.

The Labour party is run by the unions and is funded by the rich.

Labour sold more of the NHS off than the Tories, much more in fact.

Labour spends spends spends, with an overdraft, everything it creates is but a hollow illusion. And let us not forget the war Tony carried out, that certainly destroyed.

Why do you say the Tories are for the rich, it seems to me they have done many things to help the working family.