Options

Training hours

2»

Comments

• Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea if I'm right but I've always felt Anton is given people who won't go far so he can be on standby (understudy) to take over if Bruce takes ill. That's what I think anyway but I'm probably wrong.

Brucie was ill and they did not ask Anton. I think they can shuffle things around quickly, they don't need Anton on standby 'just in case'. In my opinion Anton's only qualification is looking a bit like Brucie's secret lovechild anyway.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    From what I've heard Louis actually tires out Flavia and despite Victoria's early problems she can also put the hours in without flagging.

Just what we'd expect from Olympians.

I thought it was the opposite with Louis and Flavia. The article I read Louis said that he is practically dead after training, but Flav stays on at the studio rehearsing herself. :D He said that she had much more stamina than he did I'm sure.
  • Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Brucie was ill and they did not ask Anton. I think they can shuffle things around quickly, they don't need Anton on standby 'just in case'. In my opinion Anton's only qualification is looking a bit like Brucie's secret lovechild anyway.

That made me laugh, he could be his son. I do remember them getting Ronnie Corbett in to cover before. I also prefer the Sunday night shows with Claudia and Tess and would prefer them to host the main show to be honest with Bruce doing only the results.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    They do have a contractual minimum. They have to be available to film training footage and provide fodder for the clips montages they show.

They may just faff about but they do have to turn up on occasion to fulfil their obligation to the BBC.