Robin Cousins Tweets

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a shame they don't do the tour anymore. I suspect that Matt would have found himself wanting when competing against the likes of Ray, Chris, Suzanne, Sam, Clare, Matthew, Laura, Kyran etc. Best ever performances on DOI? Keep the spin coming Robin, it might be enough to encourage Matt to actually do a proper skating spin. :D
  • guenevereguenevere Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth Tweddle is a fellow Olympian, which raises her to the stature of Torvill and Dean and Robin Cousins himself. He has lost my respect by shamefully failing to show her the respect she deserves.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Wonder why he felt the need to defend their voting anyway! Shouldn't be tweeting stuff like that, very unprofessional :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has acted totally unprofessionally and, as a judge, to attempt to undermine and debase the winner, is both arrogant and unpleasant

This and also paints him as a childish person because he also saying if GBP didnt agree with me then they are thick.

Well news for you Robin its the GBP that you need to keep your job on the show, because if we stop watching you are out on your ass.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though reading his tweets carefully, he said Matt and Brainne had put together three of the best perormances; not that Matt was the best staker ever.

Not that that's defending him much. Ray's Nothin' Gonna Stop Us; Chris' Time Warp and Cry Me A River, Kyran's Billie Jean, Hayley's Jai Ho, Suzanne's flying, Matthew's first routine and Crash, Bang, Wallop and Sam's Riverdance were all better than anything we saw this series - and that's just off the top of my head.
  • libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guenevere wrote: »
    Beth Tweddle is a fellow Olympian, which raises her to the stature of Torvill and Dean and Robin Cousins himself. He has lost my respect by shamefully failing to show her the respect she deserves.[/QU
    OTE]
    Couldn't agree more:)
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Though reading his tweets carefully, he said Matt and Brainne had put together three of the best perormances; not that Matt was the best skater ever.

Not that that's defending him much. Ray's Nothin' Gonna Stop Us; Chris' Time Warp and Cry Me A River, Kyran's Billie Jean, Hayley's Jai Ho, Suzanne's flying, Matthew's first routine and Crash, Bang, Wallop and Sam's Riverdance were all better than anything we saw this series - and that's just off the top of my head.
    I've just commented in another thread that 'performance' is different from skating ability.
    However, according to one quoted tweet (I haven't seen any of the originals) Robin said "But for me Matt and Bri gave three of the top performances in ANY DOI" and it's that 'any' to which people are objecting.
    Three of the top in this series perhaps. In ANY DOI - not in a million years, as the performances you've quoted confirm. And I think every FM could quote three others that they would consider far better than anything Matt and Brianne did.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    What we have to bear in mind is the judges probably don't get paid nearly as much as they did five years ago. That said its evidence that robin is very much toeing the line with his bosses. The judges favouritism towards matt was directed by the judges producers and they bit their tongue to what the producers wanted. :(

All I can say is now I hope all judges and producers clear off as they aren't fit to wear the shirt. To allow a revamp as well. :cool:
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has proved that they did try to fix it for the winner they wanted...
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless having the public spending an obscene amount of money on voting then. Just let the judges decide from week 1.

This leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth .. now knowing his and fellow judges comments to Beth were not genuine.

Disgraceful .. and will probably bring the show to it's knees. The ratings were poor this year anyway.

The judges think the show is all about them .. as they do in XFactor ... They too had poor ratings last year.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »
    Pointless having the public spending an obscene amount of money on voting then. Just let the judges decide from week 1.

This leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth .. now knowing his and fellow judges comments to Beth were not genuine.

Disgraceful .. and will probably bring the show to it's knees. The ratings were poor this year anyway.

The judges think the show is all about them .. as they do in XFactor ... They too had poor ratings last year.

Goes to show that DOI has too many people behind the scenes bossing the judges for what they want and to be honest they don't have a clue. ITV don't have time for ethics and it sadly shows. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I think the end of Robin's tweet does just what the start of his tweet claims he isn't doing.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »

X factor though has a logic. its no longer about singers. The really good ones now never win, the unique ones can't get votes, and many go home to the joke acts. The series is about keeping the people who vote for bland boy singers happy - by providing some of them who can be forgotten after they win - and providing joke acts for viewing and future use. Its about shocks, laughing at delusional auditionees and panto. Its sometimes about finding some act that can sell anyway, despite awful singing , or something that won't win but can be taken off to another market, shaped and sold for a fortune.

None of that really applies to DOI. There is no obvious reason why they should want to go into hyperdrive promoting someone to win. Even the vote income is trivial comapred to the advertising and a close competition would benefit the ratings more than pretending there was only one possible winner. They offered no real panto, there was no dispute between them as they ganged up on one side. Their marking was just consistently biased and for most people except their favourite too negative.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    I think the end of Robin's tweet does just what the start of his tweet claims he isn't doing.

Exactly - Matt and Brianne gave 'three of the best performances ever' - meaning, by inference, that Beth didn't :cool:

I can't understand why they would push for one particular celeb to win? Why does it matter who wins? It's not like the X Factor, where a record contract is at stake - obviously Simon would want his 'chosen one' to win. But on here they only win a trophy - so why was it so important for Matt to get it :confused:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    nelliek wrote: »
    I've just commented in another thread that 'performance' is different from skating ability.
    However, according to one quoted tweet (I haven't seen any of the originals) Robin said "But for me Matt and Bri gave three of the top performances in ANY DOI" and it's that 'any' to which people are objecting.
    Three of the top in this series perhaps. In ANY DOI - not in a million years, as the performances you've quoted confirm. And I think every FM could quote three others that they would consider far better than anything Matt and Brianne did.

Did Robin actually mean that Matt and Brianne gave the best 3 performances on the night? Which is even worse because that simply was not true.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »

Chris Fountains Cry Me A River
    Hayley Tamadan's J'ai Ho
    Matthew Wolfendens Singing In The Rain

Personally - nothing that Matt and Brianne did stand out in my mind as much as those 3 routines do
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Hayley Tamadan's J'ai Ho

Personally - nothing that Matt and Brianne did stand out in my mind as much as those 3 routines do

Ray's Rock Around The Clock - and also his week 3 performance (can't remember the song) where Robin had his scores capped so they wouldn't score him high.too early on ;)

Also Sam's Riverdance - could Matt have attempted that:confused: :cool:
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Though reading his tweets carefully, he said Matt and Brainne had put together three of the best perormances; not that Matt was the best staker ever.

Hayley Tamadan's J'ai Ho

What about Chris's Ain't No Sunshine? I adore that dance :) And I also love Jorgie's Falling.

But I agree with all the others you've both said. There hasn't been a single routine as good as them in this series alone, let alone by Matt and Brianne.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Ray's Rock Around The Clock - and also his week 3 performance (can't remember the song) where Robin had his scores capped so they wouldn't score him high.too early on ;)

Only if he was allowed to hip hop and body pop his way through it :rolleyes:

I would have had all of Beths final performances alone above any of Matts and her flying routine and thats without going back to any previous years. I was not a Ray fan but I would put most of his above any of Matts.

I have seriously lost all respect for Robin after this and do not feel he merits his position as head judges anymore. Whatever personal feelings are on the subject to show so much disrespect to a winner who was actually a more than worthy winner is disgusting and I still do not see what has warranted such a reaction from the judges and notably none of them are really explaining themselves bar Jason who is using the ill family story and is suceeding in getting people giving him sympathy on twitter now.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »

It's the But word. As soon as you type that you are taking back what you've previously said.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray performed like he was performing in the West End, NOT on ice!! Matts posture was terrible he lacks any finesse and was SO bullish he was like a bull in a China shop, Ray v Matt, NO contest, Ray wins hands down.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

I dont remember many of Rays routines :o:o:o sorry

Definately not, Matt couldnt have performed Sam's Riverdance - its not performend in a hunched over position :D
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Only if he was allowed to hip hop and body pop his way through it :rolleyes:

I would have had all of Beths final performances alone above any of Matts and her flying routine and thats without going back to any previous years. I was not a Ray fan but I would put most of his above any of Matts.

I have seriously lost all respect for Robin after this and do not feel he merits his position as head judges anymore. Whatever personal feelings are on the subject to show so much disrespect to a winner who was actually a more than worthy winner is disgusting and I still do not see what has warranted such a reaction from the judges and notably none of them are really explaining themselves bar Jason who is using the ill family story and is suceeding in getting people giving him sympathy on twitter now.

It is the disrespect towards Beth that I find baffling, why would they do this? Why did they think it was right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember many of Rays routines :o:o:o sorry

Definately not, Matt couldnt have performed Sam's Riverdance - its not performend in a hunched over position :D

also,no hip hop arm popping moves are in it lol :D:D:D
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rays routines are the only ones that i watched over and over again, A maz ING!!!