Options

Arsenal Fan reacts to new BT Sport Promo!

2»

Comments

• Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's something from Arsenal's webiste

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-welcome-bt-sport-as-partner
    Arsenal welcome BT Sport as Partner 9 Oct 2013

Arsenal Football Club today welcomes BT Sport as an Official Partner.

The new partnership enables the Barclays Premier League broadcaster to promote its extensive offering of live football through Arsenal’s digital channels in the UK and Ireland.

In addition, the agreement will offer access to Arsenal’s first team players and manager to create unique and exclusive content to support and enhance BT Sport’s Barclays Premier League coverage.

Arsenal and BT have a long standing relationship, and earlier this year Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was one of the key athletes featured in the national launch campaign of BT Sport.

Arsenal’s director of global partnerships and business strategy, Vinai Venkatesham, said of the partnership: “We are delighted to welcome BT Sport to the Club as an Official Partner. In a short period of time they have delivered numerous innovations in sports broadcasting and we are very much looking forward to developing our relationship further to help provide an extra dimension to their coverage.”

BT’s marketing director David James said: “We are very pleased to become an Official Partner of Arsenal Football Club. We have lots of great ideas about how to make this partnership work for the club, BT Sport and our viewers. There is plenty of excitement around Arsenal this season and we are delighted to be part of that.”
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are overreacting to nothing. It's essentially just BT going, "Remember this big result that you could only see on BT Sport, wouldn't want to miss another result like that next season, would you? WOULD YOU!?"

They could show Gerrard slipping over again and again if they wanted to, it wouldn't affect whether I bought BT Sport or not as a Liverpool fan.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's something from Arsenal's webiste

BT’s marketing director David James....

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-welcome-bt-sport-as-partner

A-ha! :D
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I think people are overreacting to nothing. It's essentially just BT going, "Remember this big result that you could only see on BT Sport, wouldn't want to miss another result like that next season, would you? WOULD YOU!?"

They could show Gerrard slipping over again and again if they wanted to, it wouldn't affect whether I bought BT Sport or not as a Liverpool fan.

The thing is that there are now two adverts both focused on heavy Arsenal defeats. Even as a neutral I can see how that would annoy Arsenal fans
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that there are now two adverts both focused on heavy Arsenal defeats. Even as a neutral I can see how that would annoy Arsenal fans

Tough. I hope Wenger sits the players down and makes them watch.
    Hopefully they'll squirm with embarassment and resolve not to let the same thing happen this season.
    And then we might just be able to set our sights higher than the 4th place trophy.

The only thing that annoys me about the promo is that it reminds me that the smarmy ****bucket Humphrey will soon be back on our screens.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Are you forgetting the FA Cup? ;)
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    As Oscar Wilde once said.......'There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about'