Options

c4 epg froze

midlandsfirstmidlandsfirst Posts: 1,917
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My channel 4 and 4HD epg is stuck on Marvels Agents Of Shield (8pm-9pm) and not updated at 9pm to Gogglebox hence recording of Gogglebox not triggering.

No other channels seem affected.

Steve

Edit - updated at 9.35...

Comments

• Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem appears not to be limited to freesat EPG - my recording of Marvel's Agents .... was still going 10 minutes ago until I stopped the recording on C4HD on my Sky HD+ box.
  • Options
    electronelectron Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same on Freeview
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Saw this thread so just checked mine and there's a failed recording of Gogglebox and Agents of Shield has a recording time of 1hr37 mins.
    Good job I've got a freetime box as it comes in quite handy when issues like this crop up.
  • Options
    SnapeyDSSnapeyDS Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 used to be buggers for getting Freesat EPG wrong. Im glad its not just freesat this time.

My box only recorded the end of gogglebox and earlier this week failed to record an episode of Coach Trip completely. Also missed the last 30 seconds of 24hrs in A & E on a plus one or catchup channel too, the last 1 minute is probably the most important part of the program.

Im having flashbacks to a year or two ago when Channel 4 ignored freesat users for months and almost all primetime recordings missed the last minute or two. So freesat users missed cliffhangers on homeland, reveals on Grand Designs, etc, etc.

If this continues you can guarantee Channel 4 are doing it on purpose to try and force you to watch live or online where you have to tolerate adverts >:(
  • Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked and there is no problem with my series recordings (on C4) of these 2 programmes on my Humax HB-1000S. Both completed in normal time (have 2 minutes start and end time padding set). So not a general fault apparently. :confused:
  • Options
    walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My channel 4 and 4HD epg is stuck on Marvels Agents Of Shield (8pm-9pm) and not updated at 9pm to Gogglebox hence recording of Gogglebox not triggering.

No other channels seem affected.

Steve

Edit - updated at 9.35...

I have YouView...went to watch 'Gogglebox' which I thought was recorded as usual on Fridays....but noticed it didn't start recording until 9.41pm....so missing the first 40mins or so...watched it on 4od instead. I recorded 'Lewis' on ITV at the same time last Friday & that recorded ok. So there must have been 'blip' on Channel 4 side on some (if not all) TV platforms.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked and there is no problem with my series recordings (on C4) of these 2 programmes on my Humax HB-1000S. Both completed in normal time (have 2 minutes start and end time padding set). So not a general fault apparently. :confused:

But you were on a timed recording not using accurate recirdng which relies ion triggers from the playout system....
  • Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you were on a timed recording not using accurate recirdng which relies ion triggers from the playout system....

So were a lot of the other respondents whose recordings failed or were incomplete. From bitter experience I add the extra padding because so many C4 programmes do not start/end as per schedule.