Options

Dreams/Nightmares

XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been having some crazy-arse nightmares lately. Last night was the worst, I won't go into it but I woke up in a state of shock and what I dreamt has been in my mind all day because the nightmare was just so unusual.

Anyway, I'm not bothered about nightmares. I just think its my mind doing overtime when I'm sleeping and think nothing more of it, however my friend really questions their dreams and nightmares and believes it has life meanings. She questions why she had that particular nightmare and what is it trying to tell her? I'm just like.... Oh girl.

What about you? Do you read into it like she does or are you like me and just see it as brain doing over time? After the nightmare I had last night I really do hope it's just brain doing over time and not some sort of future meaning.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I keep dreaming about winning a large sum of cash. Hasn't happened yet :rolleyes:
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreams have no meaning. There are lots of people who would like you to think otherwise. They usually sell books.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I keep dreaming about winning a large sum of cash. Hasn't happened yet :rolleyes:

I tend to dream of winning money and then it disappearing / being stolen / falling down drains / etc.
  • Options
    XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iannai wrote: »
    Dreams have no meaning. There are lots of people who would like you to think otherwise. They usually sell books.

Preach sister! I always get so confused when my friend starts thinking she'll find the meaning of life in her dreams. "But what could this dream mean?!" And I'm just like "Oh girl you just ate to much feta cheese before bed."
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think dreams can reflect our everyday concerns, but equally they can be pure nonsense. I wouldn't try to attribute any deep meaning to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Last night I dreamt that I was drumming for Duran Duran. Except that I don't play the drums and I was really terrible. I was completely out of time with the rest of the band, dropped my drumsticks, and then one of the drums slid off the the stand and crashed onto the floor. Simon Le Bon turned round and glared at me as I picked it up. Then someone shoved a TV camera in my face, so I hit the cymbal to try and look spectacular, but Simon didn't like that either.

At the end, Simon came over to me and asked 'do you think it would be best if you tried another instrument?'

I think this is reflecting that I'm really not happy in my work and want a complete change. I got disciplined for a big mistake not so long ago, and am now really struggling and feeling a bit out of my depth. Just thought I'd share that with you all...
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often have nightmares, but they don't bother me. Like dreams, nightmares don't mean anything.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dreams are mostly about murder. Bloody murder.

I do hope dreams have no meaning :confused: