Comments

• Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Good first performance from him- Looked like he was having a great time

Lovely guy

and hes Welsh:D

Hope he does well in the show

I won't hold that against him haha. (must be some Welsh in me somewhere with the name Evans :D )
    Well done Gareth he did really well and is going to be very very good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Cheeky! Hes my favourite so far the way he went for it then- But I cannot wait to see Joe's performance as well :D
  • Options
    KirgleKirgle Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Looks like a true leading man, I see him in the final already
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Good first performance from him- Looked like he was having a great time

Lovely guy

and hes Welsh:D

Hope he does well in the show

I loved him on that show when celebs learnt a new skill from a child..he was so lovely to his little mentor who taught himthe harp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Well done Gareth. What a fantastic opening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    :D < Nothing needs to be said :)
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liked his skating and he looks strong which is always promising for future lifts. Hope he stays in for a while
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Gareth. What a fantastic opening.

Bet his opening gets compliments all the time ... :o
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I wasn't expecting that much from Gareth but he was fantastic!!! I just hope the public will get behind him, as I can't see him having an obvious fanbase like some of them, but he deserves to do really well! :)
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting that much from Gareth but he was fantastic!!! I just hope the public will get behind him, as I can't see him having an obvious fanbase like some of them, but he deserves to do really well! :)

Think he'll do well in the votes - he's likeable as well as being good & Kyran won being a rugby player so am sure the'll be fine. Having a regional vote (in Gareth's case the Welsh) will probably do him no harm.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought he did well tonight too. I really like him - he seems like a nice, genuine guy plus he's Welsh :p so go Gareth :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Gareth did bloody amazing. Was not expecting him too be much good at all tbh. I'm glad though, hope he goes far in the competition.
    He's a genuinely nice guy too. Go Alfie :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balthus wrote: »

:D;)

He could end up in the final 3, bless him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »

Knew there would be one :D

But he seems like such a genuine nice guy and confident on the ice. Dont think he shone on Big Brother. Think he already has on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really impressed.

Scoring was pretty varied, I went with Robin and Karen.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gareth and so pleased he skated well tonight but I think he was undermarked by the non-skating judges.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    He was top of the board, and rightly so, so at least individual marks mattered less in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was the best tonight in my opinion :)
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He will be great doing the lifts etc., he will be totally fearless. Didn't do too bad putting on a performance either - not easy for a rugby player.

He surprised me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I actually thought he might be a bit of a disaster from his vt, it was a nice surprise to see him come out and do well. I'll look forward to seeing his progression over the coming weeks.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he might be another Rav Wilding or Gavin Henson but he surprised us all. A really good first skate.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was brilliant. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank God - someone to root for who isn't a complete disaster or a 'meh' act! That's justified me watching the rest of the series then (albeit Sky+ed with most of it on fast forward).

Gareth was really good and clearly showed he understood the importance of performance, even if he wasn't showing enough of it for Jason's liking (though to be fair, Jason's not really scored anyone that highly so far and 4.5 must fall in the higher end of his average). Robin seems a sweetie as well, although it's a bit sad we're not getting to see that much personality so far from the new pros this season.

Go Team Garob! (or other daft portmanteau) :D

PS: Mr LL only caught the leaderboard at the end of the show and said 'they made Gareth Thomas skate with a bloke? That's a bit stereotypical innit?' :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Gareth & Robin - really pleased he was top of the leaderboard, he deserved it, & looking forward to seeing him progress throughout the series - will have to pick up the phone & vote if he's in danger!!

Grrr - damn duel - he'll be up against Matt, so likely be Gareth who faces the phone vote :( I prefered Gareth, seemed more in control, Matt seemed a bit too hyper (& messy) to me
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, just wanted to pop in and add my support for Gareth. I'm a huge rugby fan, and must say, I was kind of expecting a disaster, like Jason. However, I was really touched to see him doing ballet in the opening VT - that's a man who's committed to doing the very best he can!

I remember him on Born to Shine too - he did well :)