Options

I thought Syvain and Samia routine was really good.

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I appreciate that Samia does rely on her partner too much but I really enjoyed the routine. Thought it was good to watch.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    every routine of hers looks the same to me, just with a different piece of music to be carried around to. She's just so boring :yawn:
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Routine fine, execution of it not so good. Not even strong in hold.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I enjoyed. She does need to skate more on her own though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvain does all the work ... she's just a prop.
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. She gets far too much hate. She does need to skate on her own more though.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    She does need to prove she can skate unaided

Letting her be carried around is doing her no favours

It kind of makes a mockery of the show when Samia gets saved despite her shortcomings, and two people who genuinally can i.e Matt and Shayne are in the skate off
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. She gets far too much hate. She does need to skate on her own more though.

From me it is not hate ... it is frustration that we are mid way though the series and she is still being carried about and oooo so nervous about dancing on her own!!!!!! its called Dancing On Ice after all and good dancer are going while she whinges on
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »

^^^^This.

I honestly have not seen any improvement in her skating skills. I'm glad that Chris Dean didn't let her get away with the 'I can only skate what I'm choreographed' remark. As he said we can choreograph a routine to make you look good (piloted around by your partner with some pretty lifts) or bad (make you do some real skating)- what do you prefer?
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Yes, she might as well be a hat or a table.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    ^^^^This.

I honestly have not seen any improvement in her skating skills. I'm glad that Chris Dean didn't let her get away with the 'I can only skate what I'm choreographed' remark. As he said we can choreograph a routine to make you look good (piloted around by your partner with some pretty lifts) or bad (make you do some real skating)- what do you prefer?

very true ... Joe and Keith do more skating and are willing to do more and don't moan

there was no chemistry in Samia and Sylvain's performance either considering they're supposed to be shagging :cool:

she came across a bit spoilt brattish tonight
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't call it a routine if only one person's doing any skating. She's a whiny waste of space IMO.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    very true ... Joe and Keith do more skating and are willing to do more and don't moan

there was no chemistry in Samia and Sylvain's performance either considering they're supposed to be shagging :cool:

she came across a bit spoilt brattish tonight

I think she is just interested in 'getting together' with Sylvain, she doesn't seem to have progressed at all, so her interest is obviously not in the skating.:D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    You can't call it a routine if only one person's doing any skating. She's a whiny waste of space IMO.

Yes but I wouldnt like to see her go yet. If she goes, there will only be one girl remaining. Sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Yes but I wouldnt like to see her go yet. If she goes, there will only be one girl remaining. Sorry.

I think I'd like to see people get through on merit - regardless of gender.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it but as the weeks go on I'm liking them less and less. It was an ok routine but there was nothing to kind of go ooh thats really good.

Sylvain was doing 99% of the work and even then Samia wasn't putting any effort in either. It does seem like she is happy to rely on coasting through on the Corrie vote a bit and not really on her own efforts whereas the others are at least trying albeit not very good.

To admit she would rather not try properly and look good than try and look bad is wrong IMO to me she doesn't want to improve really and perhaps has gone as far as she can go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if she thought she would find it easier than she has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'd like to see people get through on merit - regardless of gender.

I know and actually agree with you, but would like to see Joe go before Samia:)
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I honestly thought that it was just Sylvain squeezing in as many lifts as he could! Very boring, and Samia didn't skate alone at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I know and actually agree with you, but would like to see Joe go before Samia:)

Yes, point taken. I'd like to have seen both go before Oona or Shayne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    I honestly thought that it was just Sylvain squeezing in as many lifts as he could! Very boring, and Samia didn't skate alone at all.

he even facilitated the little on ice movement she did by either pushing or pulling her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, point taken. I'd like to have seen both go before Oona or Shayne.

Exactly, I thought Oona had so much potential and Shayne I just cant believe was in the bottom two. We'll see what happens.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the show stays and he does, stop setting him up with potential off ice partners and give him someone he can really work with on ice.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    I hate to say it but as the weeks go on I'm liking them less and less. It was an ok routine but there was nothing to kind of go ooh thats really good.

Sylvain was doing 99% of the work and even then Samia wasn't putting any effort in either. It does seem like she is happy to rely on coasting through on the Corrie vote a bit and not really on her own efforts whereas the others are at least trying albeit not very good.

To admit she would rather not try properly and look good than try and look bad is wrong IMO to me she doesn't want to improve really and perhaps has gone as far as she can go.

Same here. I started off liking them, and even though the "are they/aren't they" hype got on my wick, I still enjoyed watching their routines. Now we seem to be seeing nothing new and she doesn't seem to be trying. Her attitude in the vt suggested "I should skate on my own, but I don't want to", and her reaction to the judges confirmed my feeling that she is assuming she can do what she wants.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I like Samia, and think people are being a bit harsh, but she really does need to skate more by herself! She managed it a few weeks ago and did fine... personally I feel that she did the headbanger too early, and was focussing on that when her skating skills should have been getting polished. She's doing well, but could be doing a lot better IMO!
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd be better on his own.