Options

IDS appreciation thread.

Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
Forum Member
For those that appreciate Iain Duncan Smith and his work.

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world's shortest thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No takers?

IDS will be upset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Oh it is just a very bad joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Well I support the cuts in welfare if that's what you're talking about
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member

Bit like all your posts.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's no way to talk about IDS
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »

Doesn't everyone until it affects them personally
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »

Alright then Esther, but are you not worried about losing your seat?
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people in England actually think the policy of cutting welfare is a good idea. I reckon most people actually agree with him. Those who don't are either profligate or naïve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    That's no way to talk about IDS

I think for those suffering hardship, poverty and misery because of this man, this thread is no joke at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I think for those suffering hardship, poverty and misery because of this man, this thread is no joke at all.

Because of IDS? I doubt it, he might make things harder, but they were already in the situation, the majority of them.

Bad choices in life or unwillingness to change or take action. A small genuine majority exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobMiles wrote: »
    Most people in England actually think the policy of cutting welfare is a good idea. I reckon most people actually agree with him. Those who don't are either profligate or naïve.

Or suffered because of his policies yet. This recession ought to teach people that anyone can lose their job or suffer hard times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Because of IDS? I doubt it, he might make things harder, but they were already in the situation, the majority of them.

Bad choices in life or unwillingness to change or take action. A small genuine majority exists.

Nice (but typical) Tory ignorance or denial there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice (but typical) Tory ignorance or denial there.

Not really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Bit like all your posts.

I've seen yours.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Bit like all your posts.

Haha brilliant :D
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also don't think IDS is a joke but the thread is. you use every method you can if you want to stand up for something you feel is important, sarcasm being one of them.
  • Options
    MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »

'Them'????? Who is 'them'?
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather have IBS
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or suffered because of his policies yet. This recession ought to teach people that anyone can lose their job or suffer hard times.

I've already done both of those and come out the other side. Still support reducing the Welfare Bill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moontaker wrote: »
    'Them'????? Who is 'them'?

Anyone who is in receipt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    I also don't think IDS is a joke but the thread is. you use every method you can if you want to stand up for something you feel is important, sarcasm being one of them.

I hear you. I don't think many people, even on here, would actually defend the monster who is Iain Duncan-Smith in all seriousness
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hear you. I don't think many people, even on here, would actually defend the monster who is Iain Duncan-Smith in all seriousness

I am in support of IDS, the thread was not a joke, although it might have a slight comic take.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IDS, like seemingly 99% of politicians, doesn't realise that the journey is as important as the destination.

While welfare was out of control the hasty process of correction has been inhumane. If he wasn't a minister but a member of the public he would be facing jail for what he has done to people. A doctor on this kind of abuse kick would certainly be in prison now.

What he has tried to do in 5 years is a 30 year process, as a result he has caused harm and misery to millions. And, ironically, likely put the Conservative Party out of power for a very long time.

So, three cheers for him.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobMiles wrote: »

It depends on the welfare being cut - not many support the cutting of welfare to the sick or disabled or their carers (unless they're self-centered heartless bastards), but may support the cutting of welfare to the wealthy, landlords and companies but unfortunately IDS only seems to be wanting to cut the welfare to those that really need it, rather than those that don't but who are mostly likely to vote for his party or donate to it.