Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Imagine poor PA if the prize winner said they only wanted the free massage and dinner but wants to give the serenade a miss ;-)

Can Mysterious Girl sound romantic anyway?

I'd possibly go for the spa session then do a bunk :D If he started his nasal whining at me and then produced a single rose, I think I'd wet myself. I feel dirty now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on you.
    And double shame on Mr Kivi.
    Have to say though, I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall just for the look on PA's face when he sweeps into the room thinking he's giving some lonely housewife the treat of her life, only to be confronted by a rather disgruntled bloke demanding to be serenaded.
    :D

Oh dear lord that would be amazing. I don't think the CANbarn would allow such a thing though. I'd pay good money to see that though.

Mr Kivi has just said he would go. Hed talk to him about politics, religion and other such delights. How long would it take for PA to crack and mention fake bake, coffee or his kids? :D
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I think the difference is, that when you see Davina / David Walliams / Eddie Izzard and others putting themselves through the challenges they undertook, that in itself - as well as the cause, inspires people to donate.
    Whereas PA seems to be raffling the "honour" of spending time with him like some cheap prize in a village fete tombola.
    Obviously, it all comes down to the good will of people willing to donate their money.
    It's just that Andre's effort - or lack of it, seems utterly uninspiring.

Having said that, I reckon if we had a thread whip-round and managed between all of us to raise the 3 quid we need for a raffle ticket, BEL could be in for the night of her life.
    ;-)

Great idea! I'll look out my party dress & chicken fillets!:D
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    But is it necessary for celebrities to go to such extremes - David Walliams has permanently ruined his back and will probably have lifelong back pain. Davina is pushing herself way beyond her limits. The totally inexperienced Alex Jones will be undertaking a terrifying 3 day 1200 feet rock climb sleeping on a special hammock at night above the massive drop. I am wondering how long it will be before something really dreadful happens. I think they feel under pressure to do something spectacular - it probably isn't always entirely their choice.
    Just because Pete doesn't do similar, it doesn't reflect negatively at all - people should do what they can.

But the way I see it is, admittedly what Davina etc have done is extreme but lots of people are gripped by her, willing her on & the majority will donate to SR. That's what the public want, not some feeble gesture. I'm not saying he should do a Davina but why does he not put himself out there & maybe do another charity bike ride for CR?
    All his attempts at raising funds are pretty pathetic, hence the measly amount he's raised for CR.
    Bela wrote: »
    Only Pete would see offering himself in a raffle as a Valentine's Day prize as a brilliant idea. So lame, so predictable, so lacking in imagination and effort. ^_^

As for this -

He really loves himself, does Pete. Implicit in the 'things like this' is Pete saying that Emily, although his gf/fiance/future wife, understands that he, Peter Andre, while off the shelf, is still a very desireable man who evokes adoration from women around the globe so, while she may not feel entirely comfortable that he's offering himself to other women in a raffle, she's prepared to put jealously aside for the greater good.

His vanity knows no bounds.

You sure do, Pete. It's always about you.
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Hilarious bela, I actually laughed out loud just now reading this post and my little boy asked me why I was laughing!!:D

So true. I noticed that quote too this morning when I logged in and reads Anna's latest post with the two links to his interviews. Wish I could have articulated what you've just said earlier this morning. I wouldn't have got it as spot on as you though!:)

I too laughed out loud, I mean really he's such a k**b! His raffle ticket prize is like some "tip" you'd read in a book from the 1950s about "how to be the perfect gentleman" ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shame on you.
    And double shame on Mr Kivi.
    Have to say though, I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall just for the look on PA's face when he sweeps into the room thinking he's giving some lonely housewife the treat of her life, only to be confronted by a rather disgruntled bloke demanding to be serenaded.
    :D

I don't know why, but every time PA opens his mouth to extol the many virtues of the blessed Emily, he only succeeds in making her sound stupider and stupider.

"Emily is very natural and private and non-showbizzy" says Peter, in a double-page photo spread of him and Emily, featuring picture after picture of Emily, caked in make-up, posing for the cameras at the openings of numerous envelopes.

"Emily is having a natural birth" says Peter, blithely forgetting that (a) he isn't the one giving birth and (b) he has no medical knowledge, and clearly no idea - despite it being his 3rd child - of the number of complications that can happen during childbirth.

I would have thought that the main reason that Emily is being so enthusiastic about PA serenading some superfan in a hotel is that he won't be at home - and she and the baby may get 5 minutes peace and quiet.

This gave me my second :D of the night.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Oh dear lord that would be amazing. I don't think the CANbarn would allow such a thing though. I'd pay good money to see that though.

Mr Kivi has just said he would go. Hed talk to him about politics, religion and other such delights. How long would it take for PA to crack and mention fake bake, coffee or his kids? :D

I'm genuinely thinking about cashing in my ISA and raiding the kids' saving accounts to buy every single ticket for Mr Kivi.
    Would he be up for wearing a hidden camera about his person to record his "date" for our enjoyment?
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Well I got everything planning for lovely romantic evening with my girl tomorrow night, but unlike PA, I don't need to said everything we do!

Yep I am better than him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely thinking about cashing in my ISA and raiding the kids' saving accounts to buy every single ticket for Mr Kivi.
    Would he be up for wearing a hidden camera about his person to record his "date" for our enjoyment?

I think I'd want him to take a chemical shower before he came home :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No-one knows what's going on with Harvey other than Pete hasn't seen him for years - and in interviews, Pete sometimes includes him as one of his children, and sometimes doesn't. If I loved a child, and especially if I had financial resources - I'd move heaven and earth to see that child - even if it meant putting up with a lousy ex or stumping up the cash for a special nanny - or even lawyers to gain access to him because the love you feel overrides all that. I do not understand why Peter Andre has not seen Harvey. I have my suspicions, though.

It's good to see him actually doing something for once to up that paltry sum - however when I look at the hell Davina McCall is currently going though, or when I watched a pale and seemingly coughing/retching David Wallaims swim past my boat in freezing water, dinner at a 5 star hotel seems a bit cushty with no real effort on his part. That said, I hope lots of money is raised.

Totally agree, only one thing to add. however distasteful I thought it was for him to allow his grief at losing his brother to be filmed, he was definitely devastated, so why the wishy washy approach to raising funds for CR. He is in a far better position than most people to do so but he's failing miserably.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what Peter Andre can do is eat dinner?
    OK.

TBF, it's an improvement on the "if he were chocolate he'd eat himself" route he normally takes.

The twazza.

90% of the net profits - god forbid he should do anything that may cost him some cash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TBF, it's an improvement on the "if he were chocolate he'd eat himself" route he normally takes.

The twazza.

90% of the net profits - god forbid he should do anything that may cost him some cash.

TBH, Artless, can't ever see him doing that, he's a bloody master at talking the talk but delivering the goods, fails miserably.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The twazza.

Expenses:

1 security guard (boyfriend of CP)
    Hire of car and driver (friend Carl who works for CAN)
    Hire of venue (probably FOC for a mention in his column)
    Hire of hairdresser (bother)
    Hire of additional musician to accompany PA whilst he sings his hit:D song (brother Chris who plays the guitar)
    Cost of raffle ticket setup
    CAN commission for PA appearance

I've probably left a few things out.

I hope he sells a lot of tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I think I'd want him to take a chemical shower before he came home :D

Industrial sheep-dip followed by a damn good hose down with bleach might be more like it.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katona?

She HAD a show....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jungle gym wrote: »
    Jordan had one and she'd sell her Granny to have another one.:)

I'm sorry..but you obviously missed the key word here HAS a reality show ...not HAD ...
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Expenses:

1 security guard (boyfriend of CP)
    Hire of car and driver (friend Carl who works for CAN)
    Hire of venue (probably FOC for a mention in his column)
    Hire of hairdresser (bother)
    Hire of additional musician to accompany PA whilst he sings his hit:D song (brother Chris who plays the guitar)
    Cost of raffle ticket setup
    CAN commission for PA appearance

I've probably left a few things out.

I hope he sells a lot of tickets.

So after all of those costs he will only be donating 90% ?
    So he still ends up with a payday at the end of it - 10% of whatever is left.
    Why the hell isn't he donating ALL of the NET proceeds - or even better why doesn't he stump up the costs / expenses out of his own pocket and then CR would get the full amount of each ticket sold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    Why the hell isn't he donating ALL of the NET proceeds - or even better why doesn't he stump up the costs / expenses out of his own pocket and then CR would get the full amount of each ticket sold.

Well of course he has to make a bit of a profit.
    He's Peter Andre fgs, international coffee-mogul and film end-credit singer!!!
    Did you think he was some kind of charity?
    Oh.
    Wait.....
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Hilarious bela, I actually laughed out loud just now reading this post and my little boy asked me why I was laughing!!:D

So true. I noticed that quote too this morning when I logged in and reads Anna's latest post with the two links to his interviews. Wish I could have articulated what you've just said earlier this morning. I wouldn't have got it as spot on as you though!:)

:D He has no idea how much he reveals about himself when he tries to come across all humble and gentlemanly. Almost every single thing he says about Emily is about himself. :D
    RyJa wrote: »
    'Wow that sounds like a fantastic prize' - said no one ever.

:D:D
    I'm sorry..but you obviously missed the key word here HAS a reality show ...not HAD ...

Peter Andre HAD a reality show. He no longer does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :
    Peter Andre HAD a reality show. He no longer does.

I'm not so sure he hasn't stopped filming ;-)
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    But is it necessary for celebrities to go to such extremes - David Walliams has permanently ruined his back and will probably have lifelong back pain. Davina is pushing herself way beyond her limits. The totally inexperienced Alex Jones will be undertaking a terrifying 3 day 1200 feet rock climb sleeping on a special hammock at night above the massive drop. I am wondering how long it will be before something really dreadful happens. I think they feel under pressure to do something spectacular - it probably isn't always entirely their choice.
    Just because Pete doesn't do similar, it doesn't reflect negatively at all - people should do what they can.

There's a middle ground between high-risk, high-effort challenges and raffling yourself and a 3-course meal off to a fan which takes exactly zero effort. You say people should do what they can but, despite talking the talk about his foundation at every opportunity for nearly a whole year now, what has he actually done to raise money? He's asked his fans to raise money (Pete's Champions) in return for a wristband, some tat, and, depending how much they raise, a meet'n'greet with him; he's now asking his fans again to donate money in return for a bracelet, more tat and a chance to have a 'valentine's day' dinner with him. Where's the effort? Where's the inspiration? What has he actually done himself to show his commitment to CRUK that would encourage the public to donate in his foundation's name?

David Walliams and Eddie Izzard raised millions because they impressed and inspired people. Davina will most likely do the same. Why? Because instead of talking the talk, they're all walking the walk.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela I agree with your post (I've messed up quotes so have had to delete your post_... a lot of people wont give as they will not want a night out with PA (I surely don't!). The great examples above prove that a lot of money can be raised. He had a golden opportunity to promote with his shows and endless interviews. He did raise money for Zanzibar but was well short of his £20k target. The total raised was for him and his brother...they both had the same giving account. I do agree that anything raised is better than nothing but he set a goal and I know I would be disappointed if I felt that there could have been more done to reach it.

Slightly off topic but a very good friend of mine has now been 8 years cancer free. He is 34, he did the January dryathlon for cancer research. He parties hard, loves his drink but gave it up for January and raised more than double the amount PA and his brother did. He is also doing a parachute jump in a few months and I know he will raise just as much if not more and I would prefer to give to his fundraising efforts than to buy a raffle ticket to have Pete sing to me:o

Has PA announced how much has been raised to date by himself?

(the downside for the dryathlon was no half naked pics of him posted on facebook :D ) he is well fit:blush: we are all glad January is over:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but a very good friend of mine has now been 8 years cancer free. He is 34, he did the January dryathlon for cancer research. He parties hard, loves his drink but gave it up for January and raised more than double the amount PA and his brother did. He is also doing a parachute jump in a few months and I know he will raise just as much if not more and I would prefer to give to his fundraising efforts than to buy a raffle ticket to have Pete sing to me:o

Has PA announced how much has been raised to date by himself?

(the downside for the dryathlon was no half naked pics of him posted on facebook :D ) he is well fit:blush: we are all glad January is over:D

Very well done to your friend! One of my friends who's not long turned 30 is recovering from testicular cancer and his wife does a lot for charity :) Do you think Petey would do something like a parachute jump, or would he moan about a fear of heights and messing up his hair? I don't really like the guy, but I'd be impressed if he got off his tanned backside and did something like that.

It's a bit of a mess isn't it? He just seems to be really lazy about properly advertising this stuff and seems to mentally live in a little bubble. Tbh I'd know nothing about it if it wasn't for this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cazzz
    It is people like you wonderful friend who I will donate to..my friend was supposed to swim in Ireland on new years day to raise money for Walton Hospital (a hospital in Liverpool) ..but it was cancelled due to rough sea... But she and another entrant still did part of it .. She offered us all a chance to get our money back and I'm proud to say not one person asked for it .
  • Options
    ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »

"The majority of the money raised — 90 per cent of net proceeds"

Exactly, this is why I highlighted the above yesterday. Why is only 90% of NET proceeds going to Cancer Research? Also who is getting the remaining 10%? And why isn't GROSS(100%) being donated to this worthy cause.

Considering all this is quite small fry, why isn't the "prize draw" for only two people being donated from those involved in the "day of pampering" Any other expenses surely could be covered by Peter Andre or his management CAN. Think of the extra PR you could squeeze out of this Claire.

So it's just Peter Andre pimping out Peter Andre as usual.
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as a point of information, Prizeo who administer the contest take 10% of the net revenue
    wrote:
    the prizeo model
    Prizeo is a technology enterprise with a social mission to maximise celebrities', companies' and charities' fundraising potential.

In order to sustain ourselves in our mission, we take a small fee from contest revenues.This fee equates to 10% of the net contest revenue, meaning that after our payment processors have deducted their transaction cost, the charity receives the 90% proceeds, and Prizeo keeps 10%. We hope to explore additional revenue streams so that we can reduce our fee in time.
    http://www.prizeo.com/about

No idea what other expenses are taken from the gross amount if any. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some discount from the hotel for the publicity and I doubt whether Pete or CAN would charge for their time but speculate away :) Cheerio!
This discussion has been closed.