Options

Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with PA becoming the face of Iceland. Why not? It's a gig and probably a big deal for him to walk in the hallowed footsteps of Katona, Stacey Thing and that Nolan woman. :p

I think the greedy/exploitative charges will only be pertinent if the kids feature in the ads.

For me though, it's just soo totally unbelievable that he would actually shop there.

It's like him doing an advert for Skoda. And we all know he would definitely not drive around in a Skoda. :D

I was thinking that too Bela, will J&P feature in the ads? Surely not?
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    For me though, it's just soo totally unbelievable that he would actually shop there.

It's like him doing an advert for Skoda. And we all know he would definitely not drive around in a Skoda. :D

Well, Iceland will have done their market research and will, no doubt, have concluded that their shoppers will find PA's 'family image' appealing. That's all they really need in a 'face'. Obviously it remains to be seen if that's the case.

I hate all Iceland ads so I can't really predict whether or not his gurning orange face and high hair will be a hit with their client base and result in an increase in sales.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    An alternative view would be that he is a self employed business man providing for his family, just like most people do

Absolutely. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he sat around on his backside he would be accused of being lazy. He seems to have lots of irons in the fire and he's accused of being greedy.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely no more unbelievable than Heston Blumenthal actually shopping at Waitrose? ;-):p
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Absolutely. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he sat around on his backside he would be accused of being lazy. He seems to have lots of irons in the fire and he's accused of being greedy.

To be honest it's not how much or how little he works that hacks people off (well myself and the majority of posters I venture to say on here )
    It's the fact he had to parade the kids to do it !
    The other week in The sun On Sunday he was going on about wanting to put Baby on tv and Em's wasn't having any of it
    He admitted he wasn't happy but had to respect her decision
    And his answer to that ???
    Peddle shots of her on the PRIVATE family holiday instead in the mag!!
    He's not broken his promise just done a bit of manouvering well it's not tv so presumably ok doesn't count
    If I was Ems I kick his ar...sorry backside
    Priceless and desperate !!!
    and as a longtime customer of the aforementioned store HERES ONE THEYVE LOST
    And no doubt this post will be removed as well !
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So other thread got dull?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely no more unbelievable than Heston Blumenthal actually shopping at Waitrose? ;-):p

I'm sure you'll not be too surprised when I say I totally disagree with you.

Waitrose, rightly or wrongly, snobbish or not, has a reputation for fine, fresh quality food. And whilst I'm not suggesting WR will start selling their own brand HB inspired chicken curry ice cream anytime soon, IMO it's MUCH more believable that HB would nip into Waitrose for ingredients on the way home from work, than it is that the sophisticated, classy TM, or his natural, private, classy fiancée would nip into Iceland for dinner supplies - especially after a hard day 'working' and having a catch up with GIno at the ITV studios.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you'll not be too surprised when I say I totally disagree with you.

Waitrose, rightly or wrongly, snobbish or not, has a reputation for fine, fresh quality food. And whilst I'm not suggesting WR will start selling their own brand HB inspired chicken curry ice cream anytime soon, IMO it's MUCH more believable that HB would nip into Waitrose for ingredients on the way home from work, than it is that the sophisticated, classy TM, or his natural, private, classy fiancée would nip into Iceland for dinner supplies - especially after a hard day 'working' and having a catch up with GIno at the ITV studios.

I would have thought that the most obvious difference was that Heston Blumenthal is a chef, who developed a range of food for Waitrose, and obviously helped to advertise them. Being a chef is his job - so producing food for a supermarket is not exactly outside his normal day job. Whether he actually shops at Waitrose is, for me, not much of an issue.

Peter Andre is not a chef ( Greekenglian barbeques notwithstanding ) and is merely using his utterly fake family man image to flog some frozen food.
    I don't believe for a second that he shops at Iceland, and I do find it difficult to believe that the sight of his orange mug gurning over some prawn balls whilst wittering about how much he and his family love them, will actually induce a mass influx of customers to their stores.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    So other thread got dull?

:D
    I would have thought that the most obvious difference was that Heston Blumenthal is a chef, who developed a range of food for Waitrose, and obviously helped to advertise them. Being a chef is his job - so producing food for a supermarket is not exactly outside his normal day job. Whether he actually shops at Waitrose is, for me, not much of an issue.

Peter Andre is not a chef ( Greekenglian barbeques notwithstanding ) and is merely using his utterly fake family man image to flog some frozen food.
    I don't believe for a second that he shops at Iceland, and I do find it difficult to believe that the sight of his orange mug gurning over some prawn balls whilst wittering about how much he and his family love them, will actually induce a mass influx of customers to their stores.

It's like when M&S used the selection of woman, cant remember all their names, but it included Helen Mirren and Tracey Emin. They spent oodles of cash on an advertising campaign for their clothing range and paid for the 'well known' celebs to advertise in print and on Tv and it bombed - clothing sales actually fell. I don't care if Erin whatsherface advertises the clothes. And it certainly doesn't encourage me to go and buy an item of clothing. Waste of money and models from regular agencies would do fine. IMO

Like you say Az, I'm at a loss as to how having that fake, orange, greedy, cheese ball as 'their face' is going to in anyway enhance sales of frozen Indian and Chinese ready meals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think its greed thats making PA long to be the face of frozen food :blush: think its something far more important to PA than his kids or money, and thats his relentless desire to be in the spotlight.
    If you look at the tiny amount of publicity he gets when standing alone without the attention of his ex, kids or g/f its easy to see why this stomach turning wannabe would endorse any kind of stomach turning products just to keep his face on the telly.
    Ill never forget the way he was captured on cctv walking around various shopping centres with his first comeback cd in hand just longing for members of the public to recognise him:blush: his need for adoration, on his planet, far outweighs the needs of those closest to him, and, while there are cameras, always will.
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    The album won't have lost money as he released it via pledge music as many artists are doing nowadays.

A PledgeMusic direct-to-fan campaign offers all-or-nothing fundraising. This is our traditional campaign type, and allows fans to pledge without any transfer of money until a specific fundraising goal is met. This type of campaign is perfect for independent artists, and those wishing to raise money to record or set up an album release, tour, or video.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/site/faq

IIRC that isn't the arrangement he had with pledge music - it was their other service :

"A PledgeMusic preorder campaign is similar to other e-commerce preorder campaigns, but bundles in all the communication and marketing tools that make PledgeMusic great. These tools allow artists to connect and market directly to their core fans, and spread the word beyond. For this type of campaign, fans are charged immediately upon pledging. This type of campaign is designed for labels and artists who have already completed a recording, and are looking for a strategic way to pre-sell and market it."

The pledge campaign was just for his fans to just pre-order his album - which iirc he recorded under his own record label - which means that HE had to fund he recording costs - and tbh with the albums poor chart success - debuted in the top 40 and then disappeared out of the top 100 without a trace a few days later - I suspect he had a very hefty bill to pay. Paying the musicians, production costs, studio time, manufacturing costs etc doesn't come very cheaply. The pledge campaign included such things as a meet & great, hand written message from the man himself, free bags of coffee etc if people paid well over the top for the album. It was just a way for him to try to recoup some of his costs by asking his fans to contribute without getting very much in return.
    In one of his series he was talking about the tour that was coming up at that time - I think he was talking about mixing the tour with magic or something??? And if I remember he said that it costs him more to put on the tours than he makes - but he sill did the tours because he loved doing them.

I suspect PA's music is a huge drain on his finances. (in my humble opinion) And I'm not convinced he is as wealthy as he would like people to believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's very very very hard to imagine, isn't it?

Got to say, no matter who the celeb is, it wouldn't influence me to shop somewhere I don't already shop. I mean, people shop where they shop for a multitude of reasons, whether it's because it's close by (home or work), its price range suits your budget, it sells ranges you like, etc etc. I can see how a well known foodie (eg. Blumenthal, Oliver, Mary Berry) fronting a supermarket campaign which includes their own range, specially created for that supermarket, would bring in some new custom... but a zeleb like PA who has no range (in every sense) to offer will surely only appeal - or not (waves to Gortonian! :D) - to those who already shop at Iceland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    IIRC that isn't the arrangement he had with pledge music - it was their other service :

"A PledgeMusic preorder campaign is similar to other e-commerce preorder campaigns, but bundles in all the communication and marketing tools that make PledgeMusic great. These tools allow artists to connect and market directly to their core fans, and spread the word beyond. For this type of campaign, fans are charged immediately upon pledging. This type of campaign is designed for labels and artists who have already completed a recording, and are looking for a strategic way to pre-sell and market it."

The pledge campaign was just for his fans to just pre-order his album - which iirc he recorded under his own record label - which means that HE had to fund he recording costs - and tbh with the albums poor chart success - debuted in the top 40 and then disappeared out of the top 100 without a trace a few days later - I suspect he had a very hefty bill to pay. Paying the musicians, production costs, studio time, manufacturing costs etc doesn't come very cheaply. The pledge campaign included such things as a meet & great, hand written message from the man himself, free bags of coffee etc if people paid well over the top for the album. It was just a way for him to try to recoup some of his costs by asking his fans to contribute without getting very much in return.
    In one of his series he was talking about the tour that was coming up at that time - I think he was talking about mixing the tour with magic or something??? And if I remember he said that it costs him more to put on the tours than he makes - but he sill did the tours because he loved doing them.

I suspect PA's music is a huge drain on his finances. (in my humble opinion) And I'm not convinced he is as wealthy as he would like people to believe.

Now this ^^^^, particularly the BIB, is a far more logical ( and believable ) explanation for Tangoman's continual flogging of himself and his kids.
    No squillionaire with any kind of consideration for his own - or more importantly his children's privacy would resort to flogging their holiday snaps to low rent magazines if they were really as rich and successful as Tangoman is being made out to be.

I do think that Gortonian may be protesting a bit too much. I think he's really beside himself with excitement at the very thought of rushing down to Iceland to get his hands on some of Tangoman's prawn balls.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »

An excellent and informative post HB. Another being about Jetts emergency travel documents. Your accurate and well informed posts certainly won't be ignored and danced around here! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Two posts in a row:blush:

Anyhoo, love this picture. Speech bubbles welcome. I'll start.

TM: 'Oh sweet baby Jesus and the orphans (thanks Kat;-) )Here goes nothing. Think of the money, think of the money, think of the money'.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvqQm7-IEAAO7VF.jpg:large
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TM: 'Oh sweet baby Jesus and the orphans (thanks Kat;-) )Here goes nothing. Think of the money, think of the money, think of the money'.

On the duty-free vino collapso already Hmm? ;-)

He's either thinking " I don't need the money for this at all, due to my incredibly successful career as a singer/tv presenter/coffee mogul/famewhoring desperado. No, no indeed. I'm just giving my fan what they want. And more importantly, what I want. My ugly mug on the telly."
    OR
    ".............................................................................................................."
    ( Because the dopey twerp doesn't have a single thought under his ridiculous high hair. )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the duty-free vino collapso already Hmm? ;-)

He's either thinking " I don't need the money for this at all, due to my incredibly successful career as a singer/tv presenter/coffee mogul/famewhoring desperado. No, no indeed. I'm just giving my fan what they want. And more importantly, what I want. My ugly mug on the telly."
    OR
    ".............................................................................................................."
    ( Because the dopey twerp doesn't have a single thought under his ridiculous high hair. )

Greek red wine is surprisingly good, I'll have you know, Az! Especially after the 4th carafe! :-)
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Strictly Come Dancing has officially started scraping through the bottom of the barrel and signed up Mark Wright from TOWIE, I wonder if PA will finally get his chance to shove his orange mug into the lineup?

He's been lying about being invited for years, but since the producers now appear to have absolutely no standards whatsoever, he might get lucky and really be invited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's very very very hard to imagine, isn't it?

Got to say, no matter who the celeb is, it wouldn't influence me to shop somewhere I don't already shop. I mean, people shop where they shop for a multitude of reasons, whether it's because it's close by (home or work), its price range suits your budget, it sells ranges you like, etc etc. I can see how a well known foodie (eg. Blumenthal, Oliver, Mary Berry) fronting a supermarket campaign which includes their own range, specially created for that supermarket, would bring in some new custom... but a zeleb like PA who has no range (in every sense) to offer will surely only appeal - or not (waves to Gortonian! :D) - to those who already shop at Iceland?

Waves Back 😁x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    As Strictly Come Dancing has officially started scraping through the bottom of the barrel and signed up Mark Wright from TOWIE, I wonder if PA will finally get his chance to shove his orange mug into the lineup?

He's been lying about being invited for years, but since the producers now appear to have absolutely no standards whatsoever, he might get lucky and really be invited.

Not a chance Kat.
    Poor Tangoman's terminal Lycra allergy put paid to any chance of him gracing us with his quickstep. And he couldn't possibly abandon his children for something as trivial as a television programme.
    Anyway, he'll apparently be far too busy being a huge West End star to be bothering with a piddling little dancing competition.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't think he would ever take this up, even if it was offered to him, Kat. He made some lame excuses about not wanting to do it because he didn't think lycra suited him but I think the real reason is that he would be judged and very possibly not favourably and for someone who has stuck to very controlled 'positive CAN-controlled' RTV, this would not be something he'd risk.
  • Options
    Forum Member

My entry (if you'll pardon the expression )

Strewth Embolism !!! Gloria's gonna have to go !!
    She swore blind when the girl from CAN rang she said Poppas going to IRELAND 😄
    Nearly as bad as when I thought I'd scored that gig at the Mars factory and ended up as the Maltese envoy .... prawn ring anyone ????🙀
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now this ^^^^, particularly the BIB, is a far more logical ( and believable ) explanation for Tangoman's continual flogging of himself and his kids.
    No squillionaire with any kind of consideration for his own - or more importantly his children's privacy would resort to flogging their holiday snaps to low rent magazines if they were really as rich and successful as Tangoman is being made out to be.

I do think that Gortonian may be protesting a bit too much. I think he's really beside himself with excitement at the very thought of rushing down to Iceland to get his hands on some of Tangoman's prawn balls.
    ;-)

How very dare you Azura !!!
    It's his COCKLES I was after
    Oh and sneaking in there for those Tango Orange multipacks is strictly forbidden AND that pallet of Nutella has got MY name on it ...MINE I TELL YOU !!!
    Wonder if the family are already in for till training 🙀
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Not a chance Kat.
    Poor Tangoman's terminal Lycra allergy put paid to any chance of him gracing us with his quickstep. And he couldn't possibly abandon his children for something as trivial as a television programme.
    Anyway, he'll apparently be far too busy being a huge West End star to be bothering with a piddling little dancing competition.
    ;-)
    I really don't think he would ever take this up, even if it was offered to him, Kat. He made some lame excuses about not wanting to do it because he didn't think lycra suited him but I think the real reason is that he would be judged and very possibly not favourably and for someone who has stuck to very controlled 'positive CAN-controlled' RTV, this would not be something he'd risk.

I would be absolutely delighted to see him do Strictly, he'd be comedy gold.

Bela, I'm the opposite, I think he'd jump through hoops to do it, he's far too deluded to think he'd face criticism & even if he did, he'd do his usual...................."Right, the thing is..........sob story" and the public would love him & subsequently vote, his head would explode.

And I think the opportunity for him to appear on prime time Sat night TV is too much for him to resist plus the £££££.

Imagine his smug "extra tangoed" face coming the stairs!:o:D

I suspect, if he was asked, the decision to do it or not would lie with CAN/CP?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be absolutely delighted to see him do Strictly, he'd be comedy gold.

Bela, I'm the opposite, I think he'd jump through hoops to do it, he's far too deluded to think he'd face criticism & even if he did, he'd do his usual...................."Right, the thing is..........sob story" and the public would love him & subsequently vote, his head would explode.

And I think the opportunity for him to appear on prime time Sat night TV is too much for him to resist plus the £££££.

Imagine his smug "extra tangoed" face coming the stairs!:o:D

I suspect, if he was asked, the decision to do it or not would lie with CAN/CP?

Well, I heard it on the grapevine that he's not remotely orange at all anymore. Do we need to rethink our nickname?

Nah!:D
This discussion has been closed.