Sky SD/HD new channels thread. Coming soon/launch dates.

Comments

• NiemirovskyNiemirovsky Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I wonder is Sky would add Insight UHD when they will launch first TV services and channels in that format :) Maybe later this year :) Though Sky could do it now and they could brag about their first UHD channel in offer.
  • wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they will delay pending 2/3 UHD channels available to launch on Sky and then force some form of price increase or terms i.e. 3D was similar a few years ago
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wintv wrote: »
    Perhaps they will delay pending 2/3 UHD channels available to launch on Sky and then force some form of price increase or terms i.e. 3D was similar a few years ago

Sky have already said that UHD is included in the Sky Q Silver sub (matched to existing packages.

Someone on the Sky Help forum says there's a UHD channel testing on 10744H. I'm getting no signal on my UHD TV.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    141 now BBC2, a bit confusing
  • ResidentSDResidentSD Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »

It's because BBC One (HD) is now on 115, replacing BBC Three (HD).

I agree that having BBC One & BBC Two (in SD or HD depending on your region) made more sense being on 141 and 142 but most broadcasters would take a higher EPG position over logical numbering any day of the week!

Hopefully if and when we get BBC One and Two in HD everywhere in the UK, it won't be an issue as they'll be on 101 and 102 as they should be!
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    ResidentSD wrote: »
    It's because BBC One (HD) is now on 115, replacing BBC Three (HD).

I agree that having BBC One & BBC Two (in SD or HD depending on your region) made more sense being on 141 and 142 but most broadcasters would take a higher EPG position over logical numbering any day of the week!

Hopefully if and when we get BBC One and Two in HD everywhere in the UK, it won't be an issue as they'll be on 101 and 102 as they should be!

In England its:

101 BBC 1 (your region in SD)
    102 BBC 2 HD
    115 BBC 1 HD (network)
    116 BBC 4 HD
    141 BBC 2 (England)
    142 BBC Alba
    143 BBC 4 (SD)

in the nations its:
    101 BBC 1 HD (your nation)
    102 BBC 2 (your nation in SD)
    115 BBC 2 HD
    116 BBC 4 HD
    141 BBC 1 (your nation in SD)
    142 BBC Alba
    143 BBC 4 (SD)

Its also different again in ROI of course!

I expect when the BBC have full regionalisation across their HD channels they will likely forego the extra slots in the entertainment section favoring HD in the entertainment section only (except BBC 4 SD which I expect to end up at 141), as all the SD regional channels can sit in the 900s.
    For SD boxes it wont matter as they will have SD instead of HD in the entertainment section.
    That is until the BBC dump the SD channels totally!
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I was watching what I thought was a new sports channel this last Monday. They were showing some foot/paragliding race over the alps.
    edit: nevermind, It is Insight HD and is far lower on the channels listing than I thought it was!
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Insight HD moved last week, from 279 to 564 (Documentaries).
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finely there a new HD channel viceland on channel 153
    been some time since any good HD channels come on unless in Ireland.
  • CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking through the music channels the other night and noticed MTV HD was gone, or was that MTV Live HD? I saw no HD channel. Not that I watch it but was really curious on why. As the SD equivalent looks like from 2003 internet. Horribly blurry.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking through the music channels the other night and noticed MTV HD was gone, or was that MTV Live HD? I saw no HD channel. Not that I watch it but was really curious on why. As the SD equivalent looks like from 2003 internet. Horribly blurry.

The UK version of MTV Live HD was replaced by Nick Jr HD a couple of weeks ago. No reason was given, but presumably Sky/Viacom believe another HD kids channel offers more value than a music channel.

MTV Live HD is still on Virgin Media, they're carrying the continental Europe feed which has the same kind of schedule but with no adverts.
  • HappymanUKHappymanUK Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    No new channels since September ? - or is there a new thread now ?

Thanks in advance
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming soon, no launch dates yet.

TRT World
    Discovery Home & Health+2
    Discovery Shed+1
    Colors HD
    Bloomberg HD
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »

TRT World
    Discovery Shed+1
    Colors HD
    Bloomberg HD

What's the source?
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »

TRT World
    Discovery Shed+1
    Colors HD
    Bloomberg HD

I wouldn't count on the discovery channels...

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/01/discovery-threatens-pull-channels-sky-platform-carriage-negotiations-break/

Broadcastnow are also saying the same thing.
  • GeemacGeemac Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Well - Shed +1 & TRT already testing and will probably be on the epg next week
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    Geemac wrote: »
    Well - Shed +1 & TRT already testing and will probably be on the epg next week
    If you look at a thread on the broadcast section of the forums about Sky and the Discovery channels, someone has posted a link where Sky are saying the Discovery channels will leave Sky next Tuesday.
    Ian.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope sky replace these with something else?
    Forum Member
    I hope sky replace these with something else?

Eurosport 1 and 2 has also been confirmed as leaving Sky next week as well.
    Ian.
  • DoddieDoddie Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    Eurosport 1 and 2 has also been confirmed as leaving Sky next week as well.
    Ian.
    The HD & SD Eurosport channels?
  • DoddieDoddie Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doddie wrote: »
    The HD & SD Eurosport channels?
    Rather than edit my last post... i didn't really believe it was true, but now the mainstream media are picking up on this and expanding on the story and clearly it's all the channels:

Discovery goes to war with Sky over channel fees with blackout threat:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/25/discovery-goes-war-sky-channel-fees-blackout-threat/
    Forum Member
    Yes on Sky own website, it states all the Discovery channels and Eurosport 1 and 2 will be withdrawn from next Tuesday. Someone has provided a link on the broadcast forums.
    Ian.
  • rscottrscott Posts: 6,798
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    Yes on Sky own website, it states all the Discovery channels and Eurosport 1 and 2 will be withdrawn from next Tuesday. Someone has provided a link on the broadcast forums.
    Ian.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/changes-to-sky-channels?DCMP=snt-skycom:ec_channel_changes

Doesn't say they will be withdrawn - says they're unlikely to be available. That suggests to me there's a lot of negotiating going on behind the scenes.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    As it currently stands, they'll be removed from the Sky EPG.
    That only changes if Sky & Discovery can come to an agreement for them to remain.
    That only happens if Sky make an offer to Discovery that they feel Sky aren't taking the piss out of them.
    But if you look at Sky's statement, they are taking the piss, by feeling the need to go on about Sky Sports, in a statement over channels from Discovery, which leads me to suspect that there is no dialogue between them and Sky don't seem that bothered.
    Sky viewers stand to lose access to alot of channels because Sky are trying to get it their own way and on the cheap.
    It was only a matter of time before one broadcaster flipped the table and walked out, don't be surprised of more follow suit because at the end of the day, Sky has to justify to its customers: A) Why they weren't prepared to pay for said channels and B) Why subscribers are paying for less services and not seeing a price reduction.
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Slky has to justify to its customers: A) Why they weren't prepared to pay for said channels and B) Why subscribers are paying for less services and not seeing a price reduction.

A. Prevent additional increase in subscription charges.

B. Discovery viewer numbers decreasing so channels are not paying their way.
This discussion has been closed.