Options

Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    If that is the one with the weird sisters, that episode was written by Keith Temple. It's the only one he wrote. That episode has a unique tone. He has written episodes for Dr Who.

Thanks dcdmfan - maybe he wrote the one before?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simplyred wrote: »
    Thanks dcdmfan - maybe he wrote the one before?

In series three he wrote episode one and episode three.
  • Options
    dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    In series three he wrote episode one and episode three.

As far as I can tell Keith Temple has written just the one episode with the sisters. I think that episode flows really well. It also has the ring scene.
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I printed out the Wikipedia List of Doc Martin Episodes. It's 10 pages long and gives you a chart of episode numbers, director, writer, number of viewers for that episode and the original air date. Also, beneath each episode it gives a synopsis--very handy for me. Interesting, on the first page it gives the dvd release date for each series.:cry::cry: It's a long wait for us in the U.S. I believe I heard April 2012 for Series 5 - more:cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Countdown: 36 hours. Yippee ki yay!

Hey, as much as DM wanted to get over his blood phobia, why do you think he wouldn't keep going to that therapist? I mean, as a doctor, he expects his patient's to do as he say's in order to get better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    As far as I can tell Keith Temple has written just the one episode with the sisters. I think that episode flows really well. It also has the ring scene.

I meant Richard Stoneman wrote one and three.
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Countdown: 36 hours. Yippee ki yay!

Hey, as much as DM wanted to get over his blood phobia, why do you think he wouldn't keep going to that therapist? I mean, as a doctor, he expects his patient's to do as he say's in order to get better.

Because I think he suspected that the therapist might want him to talk about some of his more vulnerable feelings and as we know, he doesnt even like to admit he has them (perhaps even to himself) let alone talk about them!:D
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday, at our town community center I attended a script-in-hand staged reading by members of a professional theater company. Although the play was geared toward senior citizens, there were younger people in the audience of about 100 Following the reading there was a discussion amongst the playwright, director, actors and members of the audience. The first question out to the playwright was the ending!! DM series begs for such a discussion. Although to have the actors present would be out of the question, I was thinking of film clips with a UK moderator asking some of the writers about: symbolism of the vegetables shown throughout this series, especially the onion. In S1E2 on dashboard of LG's car, in S4E6, DM in small building behind surgery, and now in S5E1 on AJ's kitchen table, the eggplant in S3E1, and S5E2; the choice of music at the charity concert S3E5, the trailer for S5E1 and Penhale's music on his cell phone. Maybe I am looking too deep into all of this, but I give the writers credit for their brilliant scripts and for discussion to take place, given the thousands of posts we have had here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where's Doctor Rabies when you need her to analyse Ep2??? Come back DR all is forgiven
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    Yesterday, at our town community center I attended a script-in-hand staged reading by members of a professional theater company. Although the play was geared toward senior citizens, there were younger people in the audience of about 100 Following the reading there was a discussion amongst the playwright, director, actors and members of the audience. The first question out to the playwright was the ending!! DM series begs for such a discussion. Although to have the actors present would be out of the question, I was thinking of film clips with a UK moderator asking some of the writers about: symbolism of the vegetables shown throughout this series, especially the onion. In S1E2 on dashboard of LG's car, in S4E6, DM in small building behind surgery, and now in S5E1 on AJ's kitchen table, the eggplant in S3E1, and S5E2; the choice of music at the charity concert S3E5, the trailer for S5E1 and Penhale's music on his cell phone. Maybe I am looking too deep into all of this, but I give the writers credit for their brilliant scripts and for discussion to take place, given the thousands of posts we have had here.
    This would be great if it gave the opportunity for serious fans to ask questions. Not any of the questions we usually hear..."Why is the Doc so grumpy?" etc. It would need to be a special venue or website (Doc Rabies, Hod) but I doubt that it's possible. We need a DM convention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunanglais wrote: »
    where's Doctor Rabies when you need her to analyse Ep2??? Come back DR all is forgiven

DR is snowed under at work and suffering from tonsilitis at the moment :( so, it'll probably be a while before she's back.
    Do we have any other industry professionals out there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    This would be great if it gave the opportunity for serious fans to ask questions. Not any of the questions we usually hear..."Why is the Doc so grumpy?" etc. It would need to be a special venue or website (Doc Rabies, Hod) but I doubt that it's possible. We need a DM convention.

I think this is the beginning of a really good idea. It probably wouldn't be possible to implement it until after the series ends, but maybe then, with MC (and BP) permission, maybe there could be a live video-conference with some of the writers,especially including writer-director Ben Bolt, and put up on YouTube? Would love to see it, and we could even develop a list of questions and vote somehow on those we would most like to see answered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Just a really tiny paragraph saying DM got more viewers than Downton Abbey, which really surprised me actually because everyone's been talking about Downton and it's had loooads more publicity, Imo! :) But saying that, This is the fifth series of DM. It's only the second for DA isn't it? :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/columnists/kevin-osullivan/2011/09/25/downton-abbey-dazzles-but-doc-martin-clinches-the-most-viewers-115875-23443371/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlooSky wrote: »
    Just a really tiny paragraph saying DM got more viewers than Downton Abbey, which really surprised me actually because everyone's been talking about Downton and it's had loooads more publicity, Imo! :) But saying that, This is the fifth series of DM. It's only the second for DA isn't it? :phttp://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/columnists/kevin-osullivan/2011/09/25/downton-abbey-dazzles-but-doc-martin-clinches-the-most-viewers-115875-23443371/

ITV is desperately pushing DA - including multiple rpts. Could the reason be self-interest in that if it's actually made by ITV they therefore they will get all the lolly from the ads and selling it?
    Still don't think that it's half as good as DM though - sorry DA fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    ITV is desperately pushing DA - including multiple rpts. Could the reason be self-interest in that if it's actually made by ITV they therefore they will get all the lolly from the ads and selling it?

Hm, quite possibly SR. Yes, DA is easy watching for a Sunday night, but DM every time, imo :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    DR is snowed under at work and suffering from tonsilitis at the moment :( so, it'll probably be a while before she's back.
    Do we have any other industry professionals out there?

That's really too bad -- hope she's better soon, for her own sake as well as ours!

We'll probably have even more need of her amazing insights a few weeks from now...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Still don't think that it's half as good as DM though - sorry DA fans.[/QUOTE
    Love DA Love DM two very different shows but will watch a single episode of DM MANY more times than DA:D

A question about ITV Player: After 30 days of an episode is it gone forever?
    I know it will be on YT but I watch the player so my viewing counts towards total viewers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    The way I saw it, totally my interpretation, was he was embarrassed and thrown by Aunt Ruth's unexpected hug. Being unable to come to grips with displays of gratitude or emotion, he just threw something out there to deflect the situation. Not to say what he said was kind at all, I just don't think the intent was 100% malicious. Again, my interpretation, you may well be right and he was being a turd. :p

Maybe the hug was genuine but also she is evaluating him :D
    I think she did notice how he wenched slighly at the sight of blood on her hand
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    I think this is the beginning of a really good idea. It probably wouldn't be possible to implement it until after the series ends, but maybe then, with MC (and BP) permission, maybe there could be a live video-conference with some of the writers,especially including writer-director Ben Bolt, and put up on YouTube? Would love to see it, and we could even develop a list of questions and vote somehow on those we would most like to see answered.

Could be like a TED presentation of some sort? I love those things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad DM got lots of viewers because I really love the series and desperately want them to make a sixth series. But I have to say, that as far as quality goes, Downton wiped the floor with DM last week. Sorry... don't shoot me! Only my humble opinion :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunanglais wrote: »

Who is Doctor Rabies? :confused:
  • Options
    dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »

Funny that you wrote that. I am taking an event planning class and our big assignment is planning an event. Some people are planning weddings or other things that are real events. Well, mine is a (fantasy) meeting/event thing that would be exactly that, fans asking the DM creators questions and having some of the actors attend. My instructor totally doesn't get it, but is helping me just the same. Great minds think alike, or obsessed minds anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Who is Doctor Rabies? :confused:

She works in TV and knows cool things about camera angles and story arcs and stuff so when we're all running around flapping after an evil cliffhanger or something, she comes in and (hopefully) reassures us!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad DM got lots of viewers because I really love the series and desperately want them to make a sixth series. But I have to say, that as far as quality goes, Downton wiped the floor with DM last week. Sorry... don't shoot me! Only my humble opinion :o

Each to their own SR.

DM and DA are completely different types of programs on different nights, so I have no problem with enjoying both of them and not feeling any kind of torn loyalty. At least DA didn't keep us waiting for 2 years for the second series, and I agree with you LG that the quality was superb - also only my humble opinion. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member

Mmm. I didn't watch Downton, but I'm sure it did:( What did you think of last ep? I really didn't like it:cry: Ok I shall stop going on about last week:rolleyes:. We got tomorrow's ep to be excited about!
This discussion has been closed.