Options

Post Count

Comments

• Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, I know there are those who assert in relation to others, that because they have an astronomic post count means they think they know everything, rather than being a champion crap typer ;)

Well no, I don't think there are many with a high post count who think that way, including me. Indeed they would be championing the totally illogical to do so. Nobody knows everything, and we all benefit from the input of others.

Pleased to put that one to bed :cool::sleep:
  • Options
    waxcheesemanwaxcheeseman Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    There was one forum I joined where I got banned for posting in lots of different threads within about 5 minutes, and they said to me that I shouldn't rush so much into getting my post count up! :o
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Are we measuring up our e-penis' here?

I'm just here to boost my post count. ;):p

That's tiny :o:D I noticed someone has 47,000 :eek:

Booger me .. blueblade has over 50,000 posts :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post count means nothing.

One FM (now banned) used to post every couple of minutes from 10am to 11pm. Usually about how busy they were looking after their disabled child and elderly mother.

Another FM (now banned) watched programmes like xfactor and big brother, firing off a stupid comment every minute.

If you're that way inclined, it's very easy to build up a post count.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    By my calculations that is going to take you another 38 years at your current rate. You are going to need to try harder.

I don't think I will be around in 38 years. I will have to go on the music threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit 1,000. What do I win? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    I just hit 1,000. What do I win? :)

Congratulations. Now you can play us a tune on your guitar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    Congratulations. Now you can play us a tune on your guitar.

:D what would you like?

I was a bit disappointed actually. I was expecting a screen to pop up that said "Congratulations! You have just reached Level 2." :o
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    400 odd in a year and a half.

I'm probibly under the category of "normal poster" :D
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who started this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1 way back in the year 2000 only ever made the one post!!!! :D:D:D:D I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Thank goodness it was only one :D
  • Options
    mad_will123mad_will123 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Stella100 wrote: »
    My post count is pitiful considering how long I have been a member - I just lurk a lot !!

Me too!:)
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Me too!:)

You're almost at 100 posts :)
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    To put it another way, I'm really thinking of all the threads that Terrence Chant has posted in to achieve his current post count of 314,723! :D

Flipping eck:eek: Imagine getting a ban after racking up all those posts:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flipping eck:eek: Imagine getting a ban after racking up all those posts:cry:

Yes be awful probably need counciling :D
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Must say, I reckon that there are more people with low post-counts who seem to care about people with high post-counts than there are people with high posts counts who care about it themselves, if you see what I mean.

I've never seen anybody, in the heat of debate say "I have a high post-count so you MUST respect my opinion".
    I've seen plenty of people say "You think you're something special cos you've got a high post-count" though.

Seems like the hostility mostly comes from only one side.

Also, if anybody wants half my post-count (or more) feel free to contact the mod's and ask them to arrange it.
    I'm happy to oblige. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Must say, I reckon that there are more people with low post-counts who seem to care about people with high post-counts than there are people with high posts counts who care about it themselves, if you see what I mean.

I've never seen anybody, in the heat of debate say "I have a high post-count so you MUST respect my opinion".
    I've seen plenty of people say "You think you're something special cos you've got a high post-count" though.

Also, if anybody wants half my post-count (or more) feel free to contact the mod's and ask them to arrange it.
    I'm happy to oblige. :)

Offering something you know can't happen,

You obviously like your post count ;)

I like mine but can't understand why some do 100 plus a day but still it's their lives or not as it seems :D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Few people have 100,000 plus posts.

I've got 25 thousand in just under 9 years. That's alright, isn't it?
  • Options
    stevenjwstevenjw Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Stella100 wrote: »
    My post count is pitiful considering how long I have been a member - I just lurk a lot !!

Same here. The size of your post count is not worth worrying about. :cool:
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

I'm happy to oblige
    . :)

Same here & agree with the rest of your post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what my post count is, not much I expect. Join date & post count together tell a lot more
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevenjw wrote: »
    Same here. The size of your post count is not worth worrying about. :cool:

It's quality not quantity :)
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shhhhh wrote: »
    Someone decipher this for me please.

It was an attempt at a dig, nothing more :)

Not at me, I might add, just silly posturing *tuts* and assuming a false sense of superiority IMO over another FM.

I can literally post 300 a night watching BB, but that's finished now along with the Live Feed, although mine's embarrasingly high, I rarely post daily, I'm just an RTV **** :o
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is a post count?
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is a post count?

Click on 'my profile' at top of page, it will go to your profile, show how many posts you've made on DS (excluding Chatter, as they don't count) then there's an aggregate of how many you've made a day.

Also when you click your profile, the number at the end of your url (right to the top) shows the number you joinjed.

eta: Billy you were the 387, 574th member :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thnak you very much