Options

Elementary - UK Pace - No Spoilers Please

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    "Last of Moriarty"?. No way, she's too good a villain to discard so quickly.

Fully expect ole Moriarty to escape and to find that her capture was part of some dastardly plot or other.

Loved the "Dambusters" reference too......

I'd go with it being a dastardly plan. Then we'd find out Sherlock knew she had a plan and let herself be captured. Then it'll be revealed she knew Sherlock knew she allowed herself to be captured and it's all part of a bigger plan. Then Sherlock will announce he always knew about this bigger plan, knowing that she knew that he knew she let herself be captured.... and then Moriarty will say obviously he knew she knew he knew she knew he was only pretending to be sick and this is ll part of an even bigger plan.... then she'll just sit back and watch as 1/2 the audience's brains will explode, and the other 1/2 all crouch in a darken corner eating jello. :D
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I'd go with it being a dastardly plan. Then we'd find out Sherlock knew she had a plan and let herself be captured. Then it'll be revealed she knew Sherlock knew she allowed herself to be captured and it's all part of a bigger plan. Then Sherlock will announce he always knew about this bigger plan, knowing that she knew that he knew she let herself be captured.... and then Moriarty will say obviously he knew she knew he knew she knew he was only pretending to be sick and this is ll part of an even bigger plan.... then she'll just sit back and watch as 1/2 the audience's brains will explode, and the other 1/2 all crouch in a darken corner eating jello. :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha! :D
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Post of the thread.......:D
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved the last few episodes , inspired idea to have Irene be Moriarty .

but - now I'm trying to remember back - what details were we given about her 'death' ? how was Sherlock tricked into believing she was dead ?
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely super sleuth Sherlock would have realised she was putting on a dodgy accent the whole time?
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...what details were we given about her 'death' ? how was Sherlock tricked into believing she was dead ?
    A huge amount of her blood was found, and so she was assumed to be dead. Once he found out Irene was Moriarty, I think Sherlock mentions in passing that she must have been saving her blood for months in order to carry this off...
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Thanks for the heads-up :)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the last series. Looking forward to S2 next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhys Ifans and Sean Pertwee were rather good as Mycroft Holmes and Insp. Lestrade respectively
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see this back on our screens, but its looking bad for its future as the US ratings seem poor atm.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Great to see this back on our screens, but its looking bad for its future as the US ratings seem poor atm.....

No, Elementary is fine. Unfortunately, it airs opposite Scandal and Thursday night (American) football. However, DVR viewing pumps up the ratings nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    No, Elementary is fine. Unfortunately, it airs opposite Scandal and Thursday night (American) football. However, DVR viewing pumps up the ratings nicely.

Exacty, the consolidated ratings are the ones to look for but it's the overnights that make the headlines
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Rhys Ifans and Sean Pertwee were rather good as Mycroft Holmes and Insp. Lestrade respectively
    London too.;)

Great start to Season Two last night....with the Plastic Gun.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exacty, the consolidated ratings are the ones to look for but it's the overnights that make the headlines

So true.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member

Plus The Mentalist and The Good Wife are doing worse. The Mentalist definitely seems to being wrapped up to end this season so they could move Elementary to Sunday next year as they are unlikely to put a new show there with the football overruns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    London too.;)

and real London rather than New York with a red bus and black cab parked at the end of the street like last season :rolleyes:
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an okay start - I thought Ifans underplayed Mycroft but, in the spirit of Elementary, certain characters aren't as expected from other adaptations.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    It was an okay start - I thought Ifans underplayed Mycroft but, in the spirit of Elementary, certain characters aren't as expected from other adaptations.

I thought Ifans would have been better cast as Moriarty than Mycroft. He's got such a mischevious look in his eyes all the time he would be a perfect foil for Sherlock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kris wrote: »
    and real London rather than New York with a red bus and black cab parked at the end of the street like last season :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Plus The Mentalist and The Good Wife are doing worse. The Mentalist definitely seems to being wrapped up to end this season so they could move Elementary to Sunday next year as they are unlikely to put a new show there with the football overruns.

Both those shows will always do low numbers because of the football games that take place during the afternoon which sometimes runs into overtime. There is never a set time for when these shows will begin. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who waits to watch The Good Wife On Demand the next day. This happens with any show that airs on Sunday. One has to prepare for this disruptive schedule. Oh and let me add Sunday Night Football on NBC into the mix. This is why so many complain when their favorite series gets moved to Sundays.

Let's not forget that Sunday night in the US is a very crowded night for viewers. There is HBO beginning with Boardwalk Empire. Showtime is also busy with Homeland and Masters of Sex. AMC has The Walking Dead and the Talking Dead. Before that it was Breaking Bad and Low Winter Sun. So, very crowded indeed.

Finally tptb are now factoring in DVR numbers as they should. Networks always crow about one being able to watch their favorite program on their own schedule. Counting DVR viewings is important for the survival of a given series.

So, the numbers for The Good Wife and The Mentalist should improve when factoring in live + 7 day viewings.

Definitely a new series will not be put on a Sunday knowing what we know now about a crowded Sunday. As for Elementary possibly being moved to Sunday, that would be a stupid move by CBS. Then again, I thought that the potential move of The Good Wife to Sunday night was stupid so there you go. :cool:
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Both those shows will always do low numbers because of the football games that take place during the afternoon which sometimes runs into overtime. There is never a set time for when these shows will begin. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who waits to watch The Good Wife On Demand the next day. This happens with any show that airs on Sunday. One has to prepare for this disruptive schedule. Oh and let me add Sunday Night Football on NBC into the mix. This is why so many complain when their favorite series gets moved to Sundays.

Let's not forget that Sunday night in the US is a very crowded night for viewers. There is HBO beginning with Boardwalk Empire. Showtime is also busy with Homeland and Masters of Sex. AMC has The Walking Dead and the Talking Dead. Before that it was Breaking Bad and Low Winter Sun. So, very crowded indeed.

Finally tptb are now factoring in DVR numbers as they should. Networks always crow about one being able to watch their favorite program on their own schedule. Counting DVR viewings is important for the survival of a given series.

So, the numbers for The Good Wife and The Mentalist should improve when factoring in live + 7 day viewings.

Definitely a new series will not be put on a Sunday knowing what we know now about a crowded Sunday. As for Elementary possibly being moved to Sunday, that would be a stupid move by CBS. Then again, I thought that the potential move of The Good Wife to Sunday night was stupid so there you go. :cool:
    Just found this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Just found this.

Thanks for the link Stansfield. Nice to see the numbers. :)