Options

Jimmy was the favourite until that 'banter'

Such a shame everyone is so sensitive. He was one of the best in there and all ruined by people who can't take a joke. Shame it was out of those 4 tonight much rather see Vicki, Kendra, and Nadia go first. Jimmy should've won

Comments

• Options
    fischfisch Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    Such a shame everyone is so sensitive. He was one of the best in there and all ruined by people who can't take a joke. Shame it was out of those 4 tonight much rather see Vicki, Kendra, and Nadia go first. Jimmy should've won

I dont think it was just that I think his pathetic attempts at the trials didnt help at all.
  • Options
    NeppyNeppy Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's a shame, some people can't take banter.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a wuss in the trials !
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So banter is baiting and baiting in a loutish way and being happy that you've upset someone? I'm glad he was first out - a bully is a bully!
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He started off ok, but soon became annoying.. can't STFU
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Banter? B0LL0cks! If any of my mates went in for that I'd drop them like a shot.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neppy wrote: »
    Yeah it's a shame, some people can't take banter.

There's banter and there's banter. Jimmy was just being vicious. He was in a foul mood and took it out on one of his best mates.
    He also wimped out of trials and yet taunted anyone else for being a wuss.
    Hardly the makings of a star.
  • Options
    boshealectaboshealecta Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt like the so called "banta" but dont think he should of gone this evening. Problem is after his "banta" there is no way I would actively get up and vote for him to stay, even though I think he's entertaining. Seems like that happened to most viewers. They either didnt like him or if they did, didnt feel strongly enough to vote because he had let them down. He needed a few more days to win any support back over
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    He just wasn't the person he appeared to be ..................everyone loved fun time Jimmy - the switch was just too dramatic. It makes you think all the other stuff was just show boating for telly time.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I think ITV shot themselves in the foot, If the camp hadn't been split then I'm pretty sure Jimmy would have stayed. His behaviour over the last three nights and his poor performance in most of the trials when compared with the other three meant that he was always on very shaky ground.

Mind you I'm still very surprised (and pleased) that he's gone.
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    There's banter and there's banter. Jimmy was just being vicious. He was in a foul mood and took it out on one of his best mates.

Spot on. My thoughts, too.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, Jimmy turned into an immature child, and wimping out of the trials didn't help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    He was a gobshite towards Jake and went OTT, but "bullying"? Seriously? If some round here had met the bullies at some of my schools, they'd clearly have curled up into a ball and cried in the bogs all day.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    ... and the fact that he was the ONLY person who not only didn't complete the trial but didn't last more than a minute. I'm convinced all of his bluster and noise and agitation was a result of his fear - and the fact that he said he hadn't slept (and that was unusual) would appear to back up that theory.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was definitely my fav until the so called banter. He just seemed to turn from being the funny, cheeky chappy to a vicious spiteful bully. Even his mate Foggy said he was a bit close to the bone and and that he (Foggy) cringed. I'm glad he's gone.
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    He was a gobshite towards Jake and went OTT, but "bullying"? Seriously? If some round here had met the bullies at some of my schools, they'd clearly have curled up into a ball and cried in the bogs all day.

The fact that the bullies at some of your schools were vicious doesn't mean that Jimmy is not a bully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rutakateki wrote: »
    The fact that the bullies at some of your schools were vicious doesn't mean that Jimmy is not a bully.

I don't think he's a bully at all, and I speak as someone who was horribly bullied. He's a gobby sod used to the juvenile, testosterone fuelled nonsense of the dressing room; far worse goes on there than we saw in the jungle!

Jake started it and had his say. Jimmy went OTT, true, but I don't think he is a bully at all. I think he's got a big gob. As has Jake. It was a willy-waving contest between the two.
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think he's a bully, but he did go too far. Like you say, it may well be because the football locker room culture has a lot harsher humour than everyday life.

I didn't like how he was with Jake, it made me feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    He was a wuss in the trials !

Yet got annoyed with others if they failed it - LMAO!!!

A complete **** he is. He wasn't even a famous footballer. What the hell was he doing in there? So pleased he was the FIRST to be voted out!! That has to be so embarrassing :D:D:D
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was never my favourite, I wanted to throttle him t shut him up from day 1.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »

This ^^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    he was most people's favourite to win :confused:

but he was my favourite to get booted out first :D
    http://postimg.org/image/blp9bu22z/
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Rutakateki wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think he's a bully, but he did go too far. Like you say, it may well be because the football locker room culture has a lot harsher humour than everyday life.

I didn't like how he was with Jake, it made me feel uncomfortable.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - it made a lot of them in the camp uncomfortable and a lot of people at home.

Not a hanging offence, nothing to get too outraged about but enough to put people off him and stop supporting him. He wasn't the loveable rogue that he was trying to portray - he has a bit of a nasty side and a lot of people didn't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think you've hit the nail on the head - it made a lot of them in the camp uncomfortable and a lot of people at home.

Not a hanging offence, nothing to get too outraged about but enough to put people off him and stop supporting him. He wasn't the loveable rogue that he was trying to portray - he has a bit of a nasty side and a lot of people didn't like it.

Just my opinion (to state the obvious :D), but I don't believe Jim intended to be truly nasty. I think it was him going over the top, trying to "outdo" his sparring partner. Typical dressing room rubbish, vying to be top dog in an exchange with point scoring, which of course looks out of place elsewhere. He did go overboard, but I find it hard to see genuine malice in it. Just a gob***** being a gob***** really.

I can see why people found it uncomfortable to watch though.