Options

Nicki Minaj - The Pinkprint (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,508
Forum Member
✭✭
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinkprint
http://www.nme.com/news/nicki-minaj/79678

Nicki presents her third album, The Pinkprint. The album includes Pills & Potions and Anaconda. The album will be released on the 24th of november.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Nicki would move away from this 'pink' album name thing :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Nicki would move away from this 'pink' album name thing :(

I don't seen an issue really. It's a color she loves and she is using it as a series for her albums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Oh silly me, i assumed you did as you took a few seconds of your time to click on here, paste that link and post it. I really thought you cared. Damn.

Ok seriously DS, bring back the roll eyes icon.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't seen an issue really. It's a color she loves and she is using it as a series for her albums.

She needs to move away from it in my opinion. It gives the impression that she's still stuck in the same kinda album campaign from Pink Friday, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.. It sounds like the third part or something.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    As long as she's not using 'Pink Friday', I'm happy.

Can't wait for the album :D.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of how pop Roman Reloaded was but I'll still give this a listen because love her or hate her, her talent is undeniable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of how pop Roman Reloaded was but I'll still give this a listen because love her or hate her, her talent is undeniable

I believe she is going back to the Pink friday sound for this album. Despite selling well and earning herself a few hits, she got a lot of stick and lost some respect from the rap/hip-hop world because they refused to play her records and take her seriously. It can be a big gamble going from rap music to dance pop music. You would never ever see Lil Wayne or Eminem do it. You can blame David Guetta as working with him influenced the album after doing some collabs with him on his last album, and i can only imagine her label wanted a more worldwide appealing pop album based on how well Super bass did at the end of the Pink friday era as well.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

I DO. :p

you obviously do to an extent, you entered the thread !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I'm excited for this album :D

Grow up.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this and will definitely buy it.

I enjoyed her first two albums. I hope we have few songs like Romans Revenge, she went hard in that song.

It'll be interesting to see how this does and what direction she's gonna go in. It'll be hard to keep both the pop and rap fans happy. I like and can enjoy both, but am leaning towards rap/rnb
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for it, but I did prefer her pop hits.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a vile human being. Utterly talentless too.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    ffa1 wrote: »
    She's a vile human being. Utterly talentless too.

In what way is she vile? What has she done?
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like a nice woman. A bit sexual but to be honest many women are behind closed doors, it just happens that this is her act and its what a lot of people want. I think a lot of what she does is her pushing the boat out as far as it it'll go from the start before some stuffy executive tells her to do it. Or maybe there already is someone else pulling the strings who knows...
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Well as Nicki is my personal favourite artist and loving her previous two offerings I am very excited for this album. With Pills N Potions and Anaconda she's reaffirmed that she can do serious, heartfelt songs whilst also doing fun songs. As for the name I believe it to be a continuation of the pink theme and also stated that she wants the album to be like Jay Z's 'The Blueprint'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems like a nice woman. A bit sexual but to be honest many women are behind closed doors, it just happens that this is her act and its what a lot of people want. I think a lot of what she does is her pushing the boat out as far as it it'll go from the start before some stuffy executive tells her to do it. Or maybe there already is someone else pulling the strings who knows...

What an offensive comment to say. Talk about putting all women in one pile.

I don't think she is that sexual. The press are obsessed with her bum and she has taken note of that in her songs in a tongue and cheek way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god. Dont' be so sensitive.
    I don't think she is that sexual. The press are obsessed with her bum and she has taken note of that in her songs in a tongue and cheek way.

Er, have you ever watched a Nicki Minaj music video? How about a live performance? If you think that's being tongue-in-cheek, you clearly don't know the meaning of the phrase.
  • Options
    hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Album delayed till 15th december

She's probably doing it so she can secure a UK Christmas number 1 album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I said 'many', not 'all'. And its true, otherwise suddenly people would stop popping out babies, sorry to upset you with that.

As are many men, for that matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe she went there with "tossing salad" lyrics in Anaconda...she is simply outrageous!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I still can't believe she went there with "tossing salad" lyrics in Anaconda...she is simply outrageous!!

To be fair a lot of people won't get that reference. Sure in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx-WoMdBfV8 these seniors don't even understand what she means by 'my anaconda'.