Options

Moon landings......true or false??

mtecallymtecally Posts: 111
Forum Member
just been chatting about the 1969 moon landings l .one giant leep
etc...

i had never put much thought into it but having looked at some evidence it seems like a huge hoax..

what do you think???

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh here we go :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God nooooo.
  • Options
    ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    mtecally wrote: »
    having looked at some evidence it seems like a huge hoax.
    Are you going to present that evidence, or are we just supposed to know what you have been looking at?
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has to be true because they found the Clangers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. Obviously. There would be absoloutely no reason faking all of them. After Apollo 14 there was no real public interest.Also, they wouldn't have cancelled Apollo 18,19,20 due to budget problems.For,although going to the moon was expensive using an aircraft hanger wasn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    False, man never went to the moon. The Americans fooled the world. Seriously it is very funny to actually see how much evidence points to a fake moon landing filmed in some studio with the same backgrounds in every scene! very clever though.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    mtecally wrote: »
    just been chatting about the 1969 moon landings l .one giant leep
    etc...

i had never put much thought into it but having looked at some evidence it seems like a huge hoax..

what do you think???
    Yeah yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

Clue: Search for the 101 other threads we have about this every year and all will be revealed.
  • Options
    captncoolcaptncool Posts: 3,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why did the russians never go to the moon afterall they beat america into space and put the first man in space .
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    captncool wrote: »
    why did the russians never go to the moon

They couldn't be bothered.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never believed man landed on the moon. I have loads of books about this. It was just a propaganda mission against the Russians who were more technically advanced than the Americans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.carpenoctem.tv/cons/moon.html

that link gives a few pointers but generally

we still have no way of landing a craft on the moon and being able to take off again without 18mths prep.

the flag blowing even without any atmosphere.

pictures show two shadows....where from......possibly studio lighting.../it was the 60s...

neil armstong is very old...its time he told the trth..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never believed man landed on the moon. I have loads of books about this. It was just a propaganda mission against the Russians who were more technically advanced than the Americans.
    If that were the case, why would the Russians cooperate with the US, rather than expose the hoax? I have asked this same question in every 'moon hoax' thread I have taken part in, and no-one has ever answered it. Perhaps you can be the first?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why did the russians never go to the moon afterall they beat america into space and put the first man in space .

Why bother? You've lost the political race and there really isn't anything else there worth the investment. They used unmanned probes for the science.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    If that were the case, why would the Russians cooperate with the US, rather than expose the hoax? I have asked this same question in every 'moon hoax' thread I have taken part in, and no-one has ever answered it. Perhaps you can be the first?

Tell me how it was possible in 1969?????????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ohh because the cold war was all just an illusion to keep us all in line obviously. We are being controlled be shape shifting lizards after all, lets not forget that.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry we will all know when china put their guy up there and start lookin for the stars and stripes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What sort of a question is that? lol. The space shuttle is a design over 40 years old. Does it still not run?

Funny how you don't apply this same logic to, the visual special effects used to create this hoax, which I think is a far more valid technical question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is funny, embarrasingly funny..you have to watch it till the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrYndBurq8
  • Options
    ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not again :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hardly leaves the earths atmosphere. It hasn't ventured any further than that. How come the Yanks haven't done it since??? And how was the technology available in 1969????????
  • Options
    Forum Member

very good point......never seen it from that angle....maybe they us had a media machine in overdrive and the russian voice was never heard given the iron curtain of the 60s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Triangulation of signals had been around for many years in 1969. When the Russians, (and the Brits, and the Australians, and the South Africans, and thousands of amateurs) monitored the signals from the Eagle, and triangulated them, why didn't they speak out and mention the fact that they were coming from a studio in California and not the Moon? Anyone with a basic radio receiver, and a friend a few hundred miles away, could have worked out if the signal were coming from the Earth or the Moon. If the Russians saw it was a fake, why did the keep quiet about it?

Again, this really is, for me, the fundamental question for anyone who thinks it was a hoax to answer. And it's the one they all seem to avoid. If you can give me a reasonable answer as to why the Russians agreed to hush up the 'hoax', you'd have my thanks for ever.
  • Options
    captncoolcaptncool Posts: 3,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dfgh wrote: »
    Why bother? You've lost the political race and there really isn't anything else there worth the investment. They used unmanned probes for the science.

the space race at the time time of the moon landings and prior to them was political dynamite the usa lost face as they put it "to a nation that cant build a freekin refrigerator"
    when kennedy propossed a moon landing it was met with shock from nasa and the world considering america had only put a craft in orbit for 12 minutes and 1 in 3 rockets exploded on the launch pad .
    he set a deadline of 10 years for a moon landing .
    prior to the moonshot there was practice launches that covered docking ,re entry , manual guidance etc some of the practice sessions resulted in mistakes like landing off course using to much fuel false reports from instruments
    and one near fatal mis launch .
    the final moon launch used a stripped down version of its original design and went without flaw something most of the previous missions into space had not been so fortunate to experience .
    politically the moon landings boosted western confidence and dented russias .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch in the Shadow of the Moon. There is more previously unseen footage.
    the space race at the time time of the moon landings and prior to them was political dynamite the usa lost face as they put it "to a nation that cant build a freekin refrigerator"
    when kennedy propossed a moon landing it was met with shock from nasa and the world considering america had only put a craft in orbit for 12 minutes and 1 in 3 rockets exploded on the launch pad .
    he set a deadline of 10 years for a moon landing .
    prior to the moonshot there was practice launches that covered docking ,re entry , manual guidance etc some of the practice sessions resulted in mistakes like landing off course using to much fuel false reports from instruments
    and one near fatal mis launch .
    the final moon launch used a stripped down version of its original design and went without flaw something most of the previous missions into space had not been so fortunate to experience .
    politically the moon landings boosted western confidence and dented russias .

What's your point? This is what I'm saying. After Apollo 12 hardly anyone in America cared about going to the moon anymore. Infact so much so news channels didn't even carry Apollo 13's launch untill it went wrong.Therefore if they were a hoax or all about moral boosting, they would have cut them a long time before. Yet they carried on till 17,but had planned till 20. I would say cutting their ties early makes America look bad on the world stage, which doesn't fo much for moral.

Also why send a geologist in the form of Harrison Schmitt up there, if he's not going to be apart of 'the show' and make a discovery to boost 'ratings'/moral.