Options

Random stuff that shouldn't annoy you but does...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    1) The mispronunciation of the word nuclear as 'newkiller'. If ever a word was said as its spelt, that's it. Even newsreaders mispronounce it!

2) The misuse of the words effect and affect. Affect being a verb and effect being a noun. Im seeing this almost daily and it has the effect of affecting my mood.

3) The iPad trying to 'correct' my grammar as it sees fit rather than as I want to type it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People not flattening down card board boxes so they don't take up as much space in recycling bins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    People who cough / sneeze way louder than is actually neccesary.

Young men who walk down the street with their hands down their pants. If it falls off you'll know about it.

Wearing your pants halfway down your arse. If you want to pretend you've been to prison wear a bright orange jumpsuit with numbers on it or walk bowlegged.

Politicians who start every answer with 'let me say to you'. Tony Blair is no role model.

Ed Miliband. The nasally, Wallace look alike, ineffective, rabbit in the headlights, union puppet, no policies, deniallist, inneffectual, wet, Blair wannabe. Something annoys me about him but I'm not sure what.

Davina McCall. Humans have a range of expressions and they change after adolescence.

People with two different coloured eyes.

Drivers who've forgotten what it's like to be a pedestrian on a rainy day and don't let people cross the road.

Cars with 'smiley' faces.

Precocious kids. You might be clever but you have a lifetime in which to prove it.

Anyone who thinks a dog licking a human face (especially a child's) is anything other than utterly repugnant. You know where that tongue has been.

Anyone who believes a brand of clothing is better simply by virtue of having a brand logo on it. You are paying to advertise someone else's product for gawds sake.

The unproportionate number of disabled parking spaces at supermarkets.

Conversely anyone who parks in a disabled / parent & child parking space at a supermarket.

People who believe without question any statement that is uttered 'on the telly'
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. People swallowing their food loudly
    2. Old people pushing to the front of the queue but moaning if younger people do it.
    3. People constantly breathing deeply through their noise like they're bloody Darth Vader.
    4. People saying something is crap without ever watching it or listening to it.
    5. Saying "hello" to a shop worker and being ignored.
    6. Drivers parking their cars completely on the pavement
    7. People spelling "you're" as "your."
    8. Slow people in supermarkets
    9. People talking on their mobile phones at such a volume you know exactly what they're doing that night, at what time and who with.
    10. People shutting windows in the summer when it's boiling out.
    11. Drivers in traffic jams stopping in front of a road you're trying to pull out of.
    12. Babies crying.
    13. Synching music to my iPod but it only synching back purchases that I've made from iTunes and not stuff I've burnt from CD.
    14. Drainpipe jeans - especially if the person is small and chubby and the jeans just reinforce that.
    15. Over-the-top public displays of affection.
    16. Counter staff who know you are waiting but decide to have a chat to the person next to them before calling you over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    My soon to be sister in law, she has three children and every single thing we buy for them (for birthdays and christmas) is sent back to us because they only wear clothes from next, or theres a more expensive version of a certain toy that they will have instead, or we bought a green shirt and it should be black, this year we didnt get anything for them and she moaned at us, 8 years we have been buying stuff and for 8 years they have been sent back, what does she expect?!?!

Some people in supermarkets who just randomly stop dead right in front of me, or people blocking the way with their trollies whilst they stand and have an in depth conversation.

The word "minging" no idea why, it just really bugs me.

Not meaning to offend anyone at all but the Australian accent, again I dont even know why.

My mum, everything is brilliant in the world if things are going right for her but as soon as something goes wrong then the entire world will suffer, a minor thing such as her boyfriend being 5 minutes late home from work because of the traffic will become the worlds worst offence and woe betide anyone who doesnt agree with her. If you do or say anything she doesnt like or agree with then she will go into a mood for weeks and totally ignore you, or she will be fine one minute then the next she will be moody with you and when you ask what is wrong she will say "nothing". It feels like people are constantly walking on egg shells around her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Maria~ wrote: »
    Hollister
    Totally.
  • Options
    pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people post comments on threads saying that another country is better than us at a certain thing! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P&T spaces right at the door of the supermarket

Drivers who deliberately speed up to close a gap when they see you trying to move into 'their' lane

Drivers behind you who see you indicating that you want to change lanes and, as soon as a gap appears, pull out into it themselves

People who don't keep their dogs on leads in public places or who always keep the extendable lead at full length

People who talk about themselves all the time
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Middle aged men who tunelessly whistle just for the sake of it.

5th Year Medical Students. Utter cocks.

People who drag their feet when walking.

My boss.

Chris Evans on Radio 2. When did he become such a tedious berk?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    People who seem to be completely surprised when they have to pay for something in a shop, mainly supermarkets and mainly women, who then spend an eternity looking in their cavernous 'hand' bag looking for their purse/wallet
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh do tell us more! This view is obviously caused by something happening to you or in your presence. What was it?
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My boss.

With you on the first one but do not understand the second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barmaids in pubs serving you when they are on their mobile phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat on the bus at 7am in the morning, read a book with my headphones in and someone from the office plonking themselves next to you and start gibbering. I'm sorry, its dark o'clock in the morning and my heads up my behind, leave me be.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought he'd always been that way!! :D Seriously though, I'm glad it's not just me. The way he bangs on about his kid in that "My wife is the only woman ever to give birth in the history of the world and we are so much better parents than everyone else because we DO things with him..." What about the kids from his previous marriages? And the way he eulogises over all things military, you can almost see him having a w*nk while he's banging on about "heroes" who actually CHOSE to do what they do. What did they expect when they joined the forces, a jolly time playing pretend war games on Dartmoor?? :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men who really enjoy telling people they do not drink.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh do tell us more! This view is obviously caused by something happening to you or in your presence. What was it?

They are just rude, arrogant, ignorant and surprisingly thick. Yet 2nd year medical students are lovely. Something must happen to them in the intervening years. Their humanity is stripped from them! :eek:
    I thought he'd always been that way!! :D Seriously though, I'm glad it's not just me. The way he bangs on about his kid in that "My wife is the only woman ever to give birth in the history of the world and we are so much better parents than everyone else because we DO things with him..." What about the kids from his previous marriages? And the way he eulogises over all things military, you can almost see him having a w*nk while he's banging on about "heroes" who actually CHOSE to do what they do. What did they expect when they joined the forces, a jolly time playing pretend war games on Dartmoor?? :mad::mad:

God yeah...he may always have been that way but I notice it now and it makes me angry! Haha.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rallsopp wrote: »
    People with two different coloured eyes.
    I think they do it just to annoy you :D
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pronunciation of the word 'envelope' as onvolope'. So bloody pretentious.
    Putting non existent 'ar' sounds in words as in Southern English speak such as barth, arsk and the rest. Again pretentious. Although I quite like the sound of the word 'glarsses', strangely enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    1. People who put things in the bin with no bin liner, or who don't pull the bin liner up when it has slipped down and just keep piling rubbish on it.

2. People in supermarkets who seem to lose their manners as soon as the step through the door. I will wait to let someone pass and they won't even blink an eye at me, and then someone behind me will just push straight past as if I was standing there for the good of my health.

3. Delia Smith. How dare she instruct me on how to eat spaghetti?

4. Bus drivers who look at me as though I am from outer space if I dare to pay my fare with anything except exact change.

5. Loose strands of wet hair.

6. Chavvy idiots who say that 'reading is well sad.'

7. Cling film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My boss.

he's always been a tedious berk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    The pronunciation of the word 'envelope' as onvolope'. So bloody pretentious.
    Putting non existent 'ar' sounds in words as in Southern English speak such as barth, arsk and the rest. Again pretentious. Although I quite like the sound of the word 'glarsses', strangely enough.
    when did that becoem another word for accent?
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Putting non existent 'ar' sounds in words as in Southern English speak such as barth, arsk and the rest. Again pretentious.

No it isn't, it's just down to accent.

There are thousands of words that can be pronounced non-phoenetically.
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that say "brought" instead of "bought"
  • Options
    PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    rallsopp wrote: »
    The unproportionate number of disabled parking spaces at supermarkets.

Conversely anyone who parks in a disabled / parent & child parking space at a supermarket.

You're right, people parking in these spaces shouldn't annoy you. :confused: