Will Alesha Dixon become a huge star?

Comments

• barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Just another very average individual using their looks to go places. Sad that the British public are so shallow to be taken in by her.

Harsh

She's not that bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I think it's unlikely that she'll become a "huge" star, but she has such a lovely personality that I can't help but want her to be a success at anything she does. It's subjective but to me she just comes across as having a really bubbly, authentic warmth about her, and from what I've seen in interviews she can laugh at herself, too. I'd actually prefer to see her on TV than quite a few of the "more talented" individuals that I can think of, because her infectious personality is more likely to leave me enjoying the show. As another poster said, if anything, I just hope more success wouldn't change her.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    How is that the case? Just because she wasn't that liked on SCD? The reason why she wasn't liked was because she didn't have the background to fill the Arlene role, not because of her personally.

She is very popular, so don't get where 'isnt very' likable comes from!

What evidence is there that she is popular?

Her last album completely stiffed and she was not generally like in her last judging role.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is her talent that she can build a big career on? Mouthing off about other peoples efforts on reality shows doesn't seem particularly worthwhile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What evidence is there that she is popular?

Her last album completely stiffed and she was not generally like in her last judging role.

Maybe sammyvine means that because she got the BGT job and most people on forums seem to like her.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Alesha needs Simon:rolleyes:

So what she's known for lately? Being on SCD. She gave up on that, it's BGT now and she will want to use the popularity/exposure and push some CD out to BGT viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    So what she's known for lately? Being on SCD. She gave up on that, it's BGT now and she will want to use the popularity/exposure and push some CD out to BGT viewers.

tbh cowell is fond of her
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    You can't really say she won't be as i have heard that she has been brilliant in the BGT auditions and is by far the best judge. Viewers may really take to her when they see her when the show gets aired. I know she wasn't well received on SCD, but BGT is more her ''thing''.

Also i brought Cheryl into it because no matter what you think of her, Cowell made her even more popular when she was on the xfactor.

Being a judge on Britain's Got Talent doesn't make them a huge star, unless by "huge star" one means "C-list celebrity of limited ability who the press devote disproportionate attention to"
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I hope she does become a huge star, she is lovely, natural and talented. I wouldn't compare her to Cheryl, two totally different people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to make a sextape. I'm willing to help.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a judge on Britain's Got Talent doesn't make them a huge star, unless by "huge star" one means "C-list celebrity of limited ability who the press devote disproportionate attention to"

Well she may get exposure etc....
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    mrcynical wrote: »
    She needs to make a sextape. I'm willing to help.

Me too.

I'll bang her, you film it.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that the case? Just because she wasn't that liked on SCD? The reason why she wasn't liked was because she didn't have the background to fill the Arlene role, not because of her personally.

She is very popular, so don't get where 'isnt very' likable comes from!

Agree, especially with the first bit. I'm glad she's left Strictly as she added very little to the programme and was a bad choice. Not sure about her role in BGT, either, but she works hard, is driven and does have talent. Can't knock her for that even if she's not my cup of tea.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

I'll bang her, you film it.

Il fight you to it first :D
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got high hopes for her. Difference between her and cheryl is that she can hold her own! And got talent! If she's got good material she's on a winner also bring back mcing and rapping in the game. Shes should be hooking up with people on tracks. And i know she's got waht it takes to go America!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    She was in a music video of NERD a couple of years ago. The song was a huge hit all over the place. If that didn't propel her into stardom, nothing else will either.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in a music video of NERD a couple of years ago. The song was a huge hit all over the place. If that didn't propel her into stardom, nothing else will either.

What is that supposed to mean?
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She won't. She's had three chances so far: Misteeq, her appearance in She Wants To Move by NERD and after she won Strictly.

The fact is she is not a good singer and while likeable is not very marketable. People will watch her but not invest in her. She is a performer but not a successful product on her own merits. Honestly the best thing she could do is try a go at The West End if she wants to try up her profile but apparently she can't learn lines. As it is she should be glad she still has a high profile career, the others in Misteeq don't.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has BGT made any huge stars?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    No. She won't. She's had three chances so far: Misteeq, her appearance in She Wants To Move by NERD and after she won Strictly.

The fact is she is not a good singer and while likeable is not very marketable. People will watch her but not invest in her. She is a performer but not a successful product on her own merits. Honestly the best thing she could do is try a go at The West End if she wants to try up her profile but apparently she can't learn lines. As it is she should be glad she still has a high profile career, the others in Misteeq don't.

Are you sure? She seems to be getting exposure from BGT already, like with papers reporting fashon etc... That is enough to raise her profile.

I think you may be surprised if she turns out to be a fantastic judge, the public will love her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has BGT made any huge stars?

Cowell can raise your profile.

He did that with Danni, Cheryl and Amanda Holden
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really see her becoming a 'huge' star. In any event TV talent shows seem to be dying out in popularlity so maybe it's not as big a gig as it would have been a couple of years ago.

I have to say, I was really put off her by the whole SCD thing. Arlene was treated so badly and, while I know it wasn't Aleesha's decision, she was quite happy to dance on Arlene's grave.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Depends what people consider a huge star. I consider a huge star someone that can transcend borders, I do not think Alesha will ever be a huge star.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

Wow, was it her? At the time I remember thinking the girl was absolutely gorgeous.

Funny because i do not find Alesha particularly attractive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really see her becoming a 'huge' star. In any event TV talent shows seem to be dying out in popularlity so maybe it's not as big a gig as it would have been a couple of years ago.

I have to say, I was really put off her by the whole SCD thing. Arlene was treated so badly and, while I know it wasn't Aleesha's decision, she was quite happy to dance on Arlene's grave.

TBH she was offered the role? Why would you turn such a job down?