World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Also, I suddenly became a huge fan of Eve when she turned heel.

Yeah same here. TBH I never liked her before that but once she went heel, I went Shaaaaa-wing! :D

She instantly became sexy as hell and those glasses she wore made here seem a little saucy! :o;)
    TBH I'd be happy with title sequences like they had between 2004 (IIRC) and 2008 - good songs, wrestling clips and a few other images that work together to get you pumped up for a show.
    Something like this is fine by me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EysPSnE2Wrk
    The one they had for the first few 3-hour Raw's was brilliant too - which again makes it even odder that it has been ditched.

Your idea sounds a good one though. TBH I have no problems with the current ones - it's more that I don't see them enough.

Yeah that 2008 one is decent and gets you pumped.

Also I'd like a RAW to start off right into a brawl or something unexpected that goes on for a while into the show so the viewer doesn't even get a chance to warm up. It'll be like WWE Then, Now, Forever video and wham we get set backstage and some brawl is taking place.

I don't remember something like that happening since forever.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else enjoy John Lauranitis as GM last year?
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member

I liked him but it got a bit boring after a while.

The thing I remember most about him was the look on his face when taking the AA from Cena. Talking about showing no sign of emotion or what! :eek::D
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought he was brilliant and would be great as part of the Authority or even the leader of a rival faction ?

The HHH/Steph show needs some sort of opposition because at the moment it is getting very boring and has deviated a long, long way from the Daniel Bryan stuff in the Summer.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mr Entertainment was "ace"
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-england-2013/engine/match/569245.html (Yes, I posted a cricket scorecard on a WWE thread:D).

Just wait until the Dec 16th Raw (which I presume will be the slammy awards show). That just happens to be the final day of the 3rd Ashes test, which goes head to head with Raw.:D

TBH I won't complain about cricket being posted about in the WWE - recently other sports like cricket and boxing have been more like WWE (in terms of shocks, unexpected controversial finishes) than WWE. :D
    I'm sadly away that week so miss both WWE and Ashes - otherwise that'd be a great day. Though we are presuming the cricket actually goes to a 5th day - or isn't rained off.

Sorry for going off-topic there.

Yeah same here. TBH I never liked her before that but once she went heel, I went Shaaaaa-wing! :D

She instantly became sexy as hell and those glasses she wore made here seem a little saucy! :o;)

Yeah that 2008 one is decent and gets you pumped.

Also I'd like a RAW to start off right into a brawl or something unexpected that goes on for a while into the show so the viewer doesn't even get a chance to warm up. It'll be like WWE Then, Now, Forever video and wham we get set backstage and some brawl is taking place.

I don't remember something like that happening since forever.

Same feelings with Eve. I loved the glasses and she suddenly became incredibly sexy.

Yeah something like a brawl or unexpected to start would be nice.
    The most similar thing that we've had to a 'shock start' actually in recent years was Eve turning heel the week after that ambulance incident.
    We got the 'Then,Now,Forever' video then suddenly her talking backstage to the Bellas and turning heel. The whole segment after that was cringeworthy (I'm glad Eve's acting improved after that) - but it was the closest we've had to a shocking beginning.

TBH I enjoyed him at first and the whole 'People Power' thing was quite funny - and would work even better now (what with WWE's social media obsession).

But I have to say he lacked a lot of charisma and in the end, I found David Otunga and Eve far more entertaining than him. I really think Otunga deserves a bigger non-wrestling role than he currently has - he was awesome in 2012 as WWE's legal adviser. The Sheamus Otunga 'video package' that year was Oscar-winning acting! :D

Otunga is undefeated in legal cases I'll have you all know! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was against NZ.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-england-2013/engine/match/569245.html (Yes, I posted a cricket scorecard on a WWE thread:D).

Just wait until the Dec 16th Raw (which I presume will be the slammy awards show). That just happens to be the final day of the 3rd Ashes test, which goes head to head with Raw.:D

Back when Matt Prior could actually bat ;)
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark__ wrote: »
    Back when Matt Prior could actually bat ;)

I feel this is all going very off-topic now ... but I'll join in anyway. :D

Monty and Steven Finn starting in that test too. :eek:
    Hard to believe that test actually took place this year!

Have to say too the live Raw's are very good preparation for the Ashes. In terms of everything - the late nights, the commentary (WWE commentary is even worse for talking rubbish than the cricket) and just the staying up to find out it was a waste LOL. :D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    I love that DS are printing more and more stories at WWE, and not doing what the dirt sheets do, they are writing them as if it's actually happening for real, kayfabe is alive on DS lol
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a re-think for the WM30 card and I think it'd be good to see Orton vs Sheamus and Jericho vs Ziggler. I'm guessing Roman Reigns will have a 'WM moment', I'm guessing either against Big Show or Kane or a Shield triple threat match.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that DS are printing more and more stories at WWE, and not doing what the dirt sheets do, they are writing them as if it's actually happening for real, kayfabe is alive on DS lol

It's real for them, dammit! ;)
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHH is completely overshadowing Orton as a heel.

That latest interview with Cole was hilarious!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/946070_570423903026100_184542005_n.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/946070_570423903026100_184542005_n.jpg

I'd love Orton to punt HHH, would be too much of a face move though. If he could strike up a happy medium between acting like a heel and getting face reactions it could work though. Similar to when Punk played the anti-hero.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Mark__ wrote: »
    I'd love Orton to punt HHH, would be too much of a face move though. If he could strike up a happy medium between acting like a heel and getting face reactions it could work though. Similar to when Punk played the anti-hero.

Never going to happen. He has no charisma, unlike Punk. That being said Orton is the perfect heel in the sense he is detestable in just about every way (unless you are a woman or gay!). there is absolutely no reason for him to be cheered, and IMO thats the makings of a great heel. My concern was whoever made him a babyface and why he was babyface for so long. He has zero redeeming features (again unless you are a woman or gay!)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can see why he thinks this might work....but it doesn't.

He needs to sell more if he's going to be a heel. He's become a boring no sell heel something that Father in law (or brother in law) never were and thats why the angle falls flat.

Making an angle out of feeling Bryan isn't good enough and then burying him is just crazy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Triple H has this jealousy about Orton where any angle involving Randy old Hunter just NEEDS to steal his spotlight away. Randy is being totally ruined as the bitch of the Authority who gets told off and pushed to the side just so Triple H can be portrayed at the true star of the entire angle. It drives me insane to see Randy turning into a total spineless lump of jelly who is being made out to look pretty ineffective since the heel turn. Whoever is writing Randy to be a total bitch needs a right slap to the face.

Orton should NEVER have been booked to align with Triple H as again his own turn was totally OVERSHADOWED yet again by Triple H.

:mad:

Just getting sick to death of them making Orton look like he's not even important, as the goddamn CHAMPION...What was the hell was the poiint turning him if he's not even gonna be given the full spotlight? Orton right now is booked to look less equal to Triple H i mean the writing was on the wall with all that "Randy is simply holding my property" crap Trips said a few weeks ago.

Ugh im sorry but i just feel creative have royally effed up this entire thing by once again making Orton a background character who by rights should be dominating and NOT running like a girl from challenges. If i was writing it i sure as hell would get Orton away from Triple H and have him do his own thing
  • Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    I feel this is all going very off-topic now ... but I'll join in anyway. :D

Monty and Steven Finn starting in that test too. :eek:
    Hard to believe that test actually took place this year!

Have to say too the live Raw's are very good preparation for the Ashes. In terms of everything - the late nights, the commentary (WWE commentary is even worse for talking rubbish than the cricket) and just the staying up to find out it was a waste LOL. :D

ive spent the last half an hour readjng the Raw cricket episode posts again (last thread pg 215 onwards). Another great thing was it was when Raw started at midnight so well so we werent completely drained by the end.

Did anyone actually buy Bioshock
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Hi guys!

Is it pretty much nailed on that Roman Reigns will be the first Shield member to leave or be forced out?
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fozzybear7 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Is it pretty much nailed on that Roman Reigns will be the first Shield member to leave or be forced out?

..Even with his oncoming big singles push, I don't see why they need to break up the Shield to do this, , they could easily turn shield face and have him as their top face. You go to most arenas and people are cheering for the Shield already anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    ..Even with his oncoming big singles push, I don't see why they need to break up the Shield to do this, , they could easily turn shield face and have him as their top face. You go to most arenas and people are cheering for the Shield already anyway.

True, I'd like to see them continue as 3 but it's obvious he is getting his singles push right now.

I personally think Roman is destined for big things because of how he looks.
    He is still very green and except his spear he seems very limited ring wise.
    Ambrose for me is the interesting one for his little sick saddistic lick himself routine lol.

the character is so intriguing and makes me so compelled just to watch him.

The stand out for me personally though, is Rollins, he technically is so gifted and sells well.
    ok I admit I'm a Tyler Black fan and remember Gods last gift, but sadly he is seen as the weak link of the trio :(

I'd like to see them remain heel, I think the most natural face of the group is Seth though.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSRUJ9XQC-o

wow, imagine trying to pull off this promo in 2013
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the only way you can keep two teams on screen is to have them face each other for the millionth time in 3 months, then it's time to admit they are worthless and need to go. Give airtime to other people for gods sake.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Triple H has this jealousy about Orton where any angle involving Randy old Hunter just NEEDS to steal his spotlight away. Randy is being totally ruined as the bitch of the Authority who gets told off and pushed to the side just so Triple H can be portrayed at the true star of the entire angle. It drives me insane to see Randy turning into a total spineless lump of jelly who is being made out to look pretty ineffective since the heel turn. Whoever is writing Randy to be a total bitch needs a right slap to the face.

That's the biggest problem, though it was cool having Orton show a vicious streak more, like when he took out Miz in front of his parents, and beating Maddox with the mic was excellent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the biggest problem, though it was cool having Orton show a vicious streak more, like when he took out Miz in front of his parents, and beating Maddox with the mic was excellent.

Orton doesn't need Triple H to be a good heel i just think bunching them together is detrimental to Orton's growth as a heel, he doesn't need help to be booed he can do this all on his own he was able to do so just fine with the first heel turn in late 2002.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Triple H hanging around Orton would be a big issue if he wasn't such a black hole of charisma. In terms of winning matches clean, he's been the best booked heel in years, the problem is he's been underperforming every step of the way.
This discussion has been closed.