Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XIX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed RAW and with half the crew missing it gave others some limelight, I wonder how the Lesnar title thing will pan out ? It looks to me like he may be in a title match at WM ?

I'm not bothered with Cena v Bryan at the Rumble unless it is used as a lead to something else and any other match on the Rumble PPV except the RR is filler anyway.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark__ wrote: »
    The Rock not at 'Mania confirmed then (if not already).

@TheRock: Between Vince, Brock & myself our Wrestlemania 30 plan was ROCK vs BROCK. No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31. #RockTalk @_JordanMayoral

And I can breathe a sigh of relief. Nice to see the Rock keeping it to himself. :D

Obviously say 10 years ago that would have been a brilliant match for a WM - but now not so much.
    And like Lesnar's WM29 match with HHH who would have benefitted long-term from a Rock v Lesnar match? A Undertaker v Lesnar match would be exempt of course from that argument because it's the Streak and Undertaker at WM but otherwise two part-time legends facing off at WM is just not right in my view long-term for WWE.
    I think HHH v Lesnar struggled at WM29 for that reason - people knew that match wouldn't matter at all in 2 months time so they didn't really get emotionally involved or care about that feud.

Lesnar facing a current superstar though makes more sense.
    And I know people will make predictions on who may return for WM season but I think we can guess who the main 8 or so people will be at WM now. I can't see the likes of Austin returning for WM - Jericho maybe and probably Hogan in some small segment though (I doubt WWE will have a near-crippled man in one of their main matches and I hope I'm right - but him appearing for a WM segment would be fun let's be honest).
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    I think its brill. Renees real funny. Cole and JBl have great chemistry. Hornswoggles good. Cody Rhodes is great. Wade Barrett is fantastic. Everyone on it is funny.

Have to say I might give the JBL and Cole show a watch then. If Barrett,Cody and Renee are all there then why not? I like all three of them - so a show with all 3 of them can't be that bad.
    Maybe ,since I'm struggling for a New Year's Resolution, my NYR should be to watch the 'JBL and Cole Show'. More chance of sticking to that then any other one I make.

Anyone here got any good New Year's Resolutions then? Maybe Panda's is to hit 2,000 posts on this thread (to match over 1,000 on the last one) :D or SRW's is to get WWE to make Bryan World champion and get rid of all the Cena fans from Wrestling. :D
    Kidding folks. ;-)
    Happy 2014 to you all when it arrives.
    May 2014 bring us all happiness, a good WM and an Arsenal title win!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't a bigger mainstream match WWE could book than Rock/Brock, the idea of them putting over young talent is great but that doesn't mean you ignore the big money match.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy new year everyone:)

Hopefully 2014 will be a memorable year in WWE.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't a bigger mainstream match WWE could book than Rock/Brock, the idea of them putting over young talent is great but that doesn't mean you ignore the big money match.

Agreed. No one wants to see Brock vs Kofi Kingston. With limited appearances the I'd rather pay to have part timers face off on big PPVs than not having them at all.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brock - Hogan.

Snigger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best wishes and thoughts with Mae Young as she battles illness in a hospice

Hang in there m'am, a true legend
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year/Hogmanay fellow WWE fans

The 2014 PPV calendar is now officially underway as we zoom towards the Royal Rumble and the start of the Road to Wrestlemania :)
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year Everyone
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    2014 is here and so is my first drawing of the year (I hope you lot have your browser colour profiles correct or all my artwork will look dark)

DEMOLITION :cool:

Also the first time these will be played this year. :D

PBJ TIME!!!!

and the Million Dollar Laugh.

Happy New Year everyone. :)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    SRW wrote: »
    Cena Politics for sure if Bryan turns full heel

Yep it was all Cena's fault. It had absolutely nothing with the writing team, upper management, road agents that they pay thousands and thousands of dollars for, it was all Cena.

Did you know it was Cena who made sure Khali didn't have his shoulders on the mat for the pin! I've heard rumours he even pulled politics and made sure Vince told Brock Lesnar to screech like a little girl. Everything that happens is down to Cena, I don't understand why they have a whole creative team to write 5 hours of primetime television a week when they have Cena there to keep Vince in line and have every storyline fitted to Cena's exact wishes. They could save themselves so much money
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it was all Cena's fault. It had absolutely nothing with the writing team, upper management, road agents that they pay thousands and thousands of dollars for, it was all Cena.

Did you know it was Cena who made sure Khali didn't have his shoulders on the mat for the pin! I've heard rumours he even pulled politics and made sure Vince told Brock Lesnar to screech like a little girl. Everything that happens is down to Cena, I don't understand why they have a whole creative team to write 5 hours of primetime television a week when they have Cena there to keep Vince in line and have every storyline fitted to Cena's exact wishes. They could save themselves so much money

...and so far this is Post of the Year!

The whole Cena politics affecting Bryan is up there with Vince doesn't like indy guys, despite Punk's 434 days as champion...

Both views are utterly stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone doubting Cena and his influence needs to listen to Edge on Jericho podcast talking about how he chose to bury the Shield
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Anyone doubting Cena and his influence needs to listen to Edge on Jericho podcast talking about how he chose to bury the Shield

I don't think anybody is denying he has an influence, but he doesn't just decide Bryan is going heel and Vince, Trip and Steph all just bow down to him either
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Jericho podcasts have been pretty enlightening about Cena's creative control. I always knew he definitely had some say in his own character but the stuff about Nexus etc. is disappointing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Although the Wyatt Story needed to go somewhere for Bray's sake, I'm not liking this Daniel Bryan angle. You know exactly where it's going if the Cena/Wyatt Wrestlemania rumour is true. We'll have a "poor wee brainwashed Daniel Bryan" being rescued by Super Cena which will result in both Bryan and Wyatt's characters being damaged beyond repair.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    The Jericho podcasts have been pretty enlightening about Cena's creative control. I always knew he definitely had some say in his own character but the stuff about Nexus etc. is disappointing.

Every single person in the history of wrestling who has been in that position has done the same thing. It's completely unsurprising, and in fact would be incredible if he was doing anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody is denying he has an influence, but he doesn't just decide Bryan is going heel and Vince, Trip and Steph all just bow down to him either

Perhaps not but the WWE has gotten to a point whereiit's protect Cena at all costs and business decisions are influenced by that as well as booking. Not necessarily his fault.

Re Edge Y2J podcast. Thought the bit about Angle feud making Cena look bad was interesting too as well as the 'they want fans to cheer Cena desperately but they don't'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Every single person in the history of wrestling who has been in that position has done the same thing. It's completely unsurprising, and in fact would be incredible if he was doing anything else.

I never indicated that wasn't the case. Doesn't make it any more admirable though that he ruined an over storyline because he wanted to promote himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps not but the WWE has gotten to a point whereiit's protect Cena at all costs and business decisions are influenced by that as well as booking. Not necessarily his fault.

Re Edge Y2J podcast. Thought the bit about Angle feud making Cena look bad was interesting too as well as the 'they want fans to cheer Cena desperately but they don't'

I think they are just doing what every company does. They make their #1 product which sells across the world and they will all protect it. I bet Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Hogan all had much more creative control, nobody complains about them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy new year everyone.:)

What was everyone's favourite match of 2013? Mine was CM Punk v Brock Lesnar at Summerslam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Happy new year everyone.:)

What was everyone's favourite match of 2013? Mine was CM Punk v Brock Lesnar at Summerslam.

Antonio Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn at NXT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treznor wrote: »

It's a shame that NXT isn't available to a larger audience as there were several great matches on the show in 2013.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treznor wrote: »

Same :)
  • Options
    KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Rhodes vs Shield at Battleground, though Zayn vs Cesaro on nxt was amazing.
This discussion has been closed.