Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    She must realise how hated she is.

Rewriting this character won't work. It's like spraying air freshner on a turd.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hooped earrings?? :o:o:D

Oh I knew I'd have forgotten some bloody thing ;-)
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They would have knocked on every single person's door in the area and asked them what they saw that night, and they would also study all CCTV from shops and businesses in the area to see who was walking past and exactly at what time.

I must say their case against Peter seems very flimsy at the moment. Very little forensic evidence to connect him to the murder and he freely admits he was in her flat and argued with her that night.

Their alleged motive for the murder doesn't hold up either. He apparently murdered her to stop her her telling Carla about the affair *but* several other people already knew about the affair including Steve and Rob, meaning if she was killed, there was no way that could be kept covered up.

Carla herself already knew as Peter had told her himself. Why doesn't the police take this into consideration.
    And police revealing to Peter that Tina's blood had been discovered in the outhouse would be of huge significance to both he and his solicitor, seeing as he knows himself that he is not the killer.

Also if Peter stored the murder weapon in the outhouse where he lived, he must be the most amateurish killer ever. He would know immediately after killing Tina he would be the No.1 suspect.

Peter wasn't living at Deirdre's then.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Carla herself already knew as Peter had told her himself. Why doesn't the police take this into consideration.

All the more reason to think it was Tracey.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

Have you ever done that?
    I have not!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, he would still have been living with Carla of course, wouldn't he? That's an even bigger SOR then......why would Peter head to his old residence to hide the stolen goods and the murder weapon? Seems very risky.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And police revealing to Peter that Tina's blood had been discovered in the outhouse would be of huge significance to both he and his solicitor, seeing as he knows himself that he is not the killer.

Also if Peter stored the murder weapon in the outhouse where he lived, he must be the most amateurish killer ever. He would know immediately after killing Tina he would be the No.1 suspect.

BIB The same could be said about Rob but the police don't seem to realise that.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

How amusing though that they have suddenly 'softened' Michelle Connor! On the other hand, other unpopular characters are dumped and although she's been unliked for years, she's still there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look folks, Corrie want Peter to be charged with Tina's murder. So to hell with the evidence and all that stuff making sense, they're doing it. After all it's their show! :o

Tina did not have a lot of stuff. If she had, Dame Rita would not be able to carry her belongings down the street in a very small box and steal another scene and wail about her precious Tina and Dennis would not be able to give a hug and Norris wouldn't be able to appear from the Rovers to witness it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    BIB The same could be said about Rob but the police don't seem to realise that.

The police "investigation" has been a bit of a shambles so far. Their attitude seems to have been "It must have been Peter" and then tried to build a case against him Birmingham Six - Guildford Four style.

It's really detective work of the most amateurish and clueless variety. In real life, detectives would be totally open to the idea that their chief suspect may not be the culprit at all. Time and time again in murder cases, detectives will initially have a chief suspect but then begin to realise that things don't really add up and then will start to broaden their inquiry. In the case of Peter, it would certainly cross their mind that someone tried to frame him by planting the stuff at his former house - we know that's not what happened but they would certainly look at that as one of their theories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Look folks, Corrie want Peter to be charged with Tina's murder. So to hell with the evidence and all that stuff making sense, they're doing it. After all it's their show! :o.

That about sums it up it up but they've done it so often now that Weatherfield CID is easily the most discredited police force in the UK (along with their hapless colleagues at Walford CID in EE of course) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That about sums it up it up but they've done it so often now that Weatherfield CID is easily the most discredited police force in the UK (along with their hapless colleagues at Walford CID in EE of course) :D

BIB Courtesy of the SL-ers/writers. It's just criminal! Time for the real police to charge them!

It's dreadful that Corrie makes such a complete balls up of so much these days and they just don't seem to care.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I moved from living in a shared rented flat, to my own place, I had all my clothes, books, CDs, pictures, Stereo, vinyl, bookshelves, bed, bedlinen (sheets, duvet & pillows) & towels, rugs & throws, Iron & Ironing Board, Dyson, Pots&Pans, Crockery&Glassware, plants, various small bits of furniture ( bookshelves etc) plus all the general miscellaneous nicknacks that accumulate over time. I had to make about three trips with a small van and a full car.

:D when i was living in a student hoouse, by the time i'd loaded my fiesta with my clothes, books, stereo, CDs, ornaments, kitchenware, archery kit (don't ask), goldfish etc, there were practically sparks coming off the bottom as i drove up the M1. and that was a furnished place!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Heres a possible sor, lloyd and andrea have dated for a while and now lloyds keen for her to move in with him.

Since presumably they both own/rent a place of their own, wouldnt the normal reaction be to discuss which property they would be best living in?

I know for the story that cant happen but surely lloyd wouldve mentioned it? All the couples i know who live together either both moved into the best home or started afresh together. Maybe her home would be more convenient for her work? Maybe hers would be bigger so better for guests? It seems odd that lloyd just assumes she would be ok to move into his flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Heres a possible sor, lloyd and andrea have dated for a while and now lloyds keen for her to move in with him.

Since presumably they both own/rent a place of their own, wouldnt the normal reaction be to discuss which property they would be best living in?

I know for the story that cant happen but surely lloyd wouldve mentioned it? All the couples i know who live together either both moved into the best home or started afresh together. Maybe her home would be more convenient for her work? Maybe hers would be bigger so better for guests? It seems odd that lloyd just assumes she would be ok to move into his flat.

BIB But that would be the logical and sensible thing to do. :confused:;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hooped earrings?? :o:o:D

Did we ever find out what happened to Tina's? Haven't they been sealed in glass display cabinet to be preserved forever? Aren't Liz and Dame Rita in dispute as to where they should be displayed - The Kabin because 'She were just like me when I were her age and she were just like a daughter to me' or the Rovers because 'She were me mate and me best barmaid'.

Can't believe Corrie didn't do a SL on that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB Courtesy of the SL-ers/writers. It's just criminal! Time for the real police to charge them!

It's dreadful that Corrie makes such a complete balls up of so much these days and they just don't seem to care.

They would actually be disbanded in real life. They couldn't make that many wrongful arrests and have such a catastrophic detection rate and get away with it.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did we ever find out what happened to Tina's? Haven't they been sealed in glass display cabinet to be preserved forever? Aren't Liz and Dame Rita in dispute as to where they should be displayed - The Kabin because 'She were just like me when I were her age and she were just like a daughter to me' or the Rovers because 'She were me mate and me best barmaid'.

Can't believe Corrie didn't do a SL on that!

I fear they've been sent to the grave, with Tina :o

Although I'm liking the "preserved in a glass cabinet" idea. Along with laser beams and electronic alarms to keep them safe! :D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear they've been sent to the grave, with Tina :o

Although I'm liking the "preserved in a glass cabinet" idea. Along with laser beams and electronic alarms to keep them safe! :D

Crown Jewels style in the Tower of London?
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

But her home isn't within 2 minutes of Coronation Street, so it couldn't possibly happen :D
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    But her home isn't within 2 minutes of Coronation Street, so it couldn't possibly happen :D

And also it's the home she shares with her husband - he might have something to say if Lloyd rolled up with his belongings!!
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    You beat me to it. The only reason anyone moves out of the Street is if they're being axed.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    And also it's the home she shares with her husband - he might have something to say if Lloyd rolled up with his belongings!!

We know that but lloyd doesnt!

Wouldnt they at least have a conversation about which home is best to live in? All weve seen so far is lloyd keep pestering her to move into his pokey little flat.
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    Rita carried a tiny little box which was supposed to contain all Tina's worldy goods.....really? How did they fit all her clothes, shoes, make-up, personal papers, jewellery etc into it ( not to mention a special container for her hooped earring collection). She lived on the Street for 6 years and that was all she possessed?
    Likewise, Marcus just going off in a taxi 5 minutes after making the decision to leave, with just one small bag. So unrealistic.

Also unrealistic was Maddie coming home after several weeks away with just a half-empty small bag. And then she said she had to go upstairs to unpack - must have taken her about 10 seconds!
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »

And has Lloyd ever been to Andreas ? Dropped her off/picked her up. Had a meal there or stayed the night.
This discussion has been closed.