Britney - just going through the motions?

13»

Comments

• Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Bi-Polar Disorder was confirmed by a leaked medical report in 2008, after going under psychiatric evaluation in the aftermath of the incident you mentioned. It is also said that she suffered from Post-Natal Depression due to a chemical imbalance after having two kids in two years.

Meth never really came into it at all - it was always cocaine and prescription drugs mentioned in the news, ''sources'', etc.

A medical report knowing the client is on drugs will be invalid, so this leaked medical report is based on how many months or years clean?

"Sources" have always said her promiscuous ways and erratic behaviour like shaving all her hair off was down to meth.

I understand you are a fan of hers.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&biw=1019&bih=631&q=britney+meth&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    A medical report knowing the client is on drugs will be invalid, so this leaked medical report is based on how many months or years clean?

"Sources" have always said her promiscuous ways and erratic behaviour like shaving all her hair off was down to meth.

I understand you are a fan of hers.

Her ex-husband, albeit for 55 hours (:D), has always said it's cocaine. So has Kevin. I don't know where you're getting Meth from - I honestly haven't heard that related to her breakdown. And I'm not saying that as a blinded fan.:rolleyes:

The medical report was apparentley published in June, and leaked that August, which would be about 4/5 months sober/clean/purged/exorcised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her ex-husband, albeit for 55 hours (:D), has always said it's cocaine. So has Kevin. I don't know where you're getting Meth from - I honestly haven't heard that related to her breakdown. And I'm not saying that as a blinded fan.:rolleyes:

The medical report was apparentley published in June, and leaked that August, which would be about 4/5 months sober/clean/purged/exorcised.

I'm not starting an argument with you, I think what she has gone through and the fact she is still a performing artist is amazing.

But you said: "Meth never really came into it at all - it was always cocaine and prescription drugs mentioned in the news, ''sources'', etc."

I just gave you a link to google to disprove it.

The men you mention are on her payroll, poor woman to have SO many hangers on.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a fondness for Britney, and wish her well after all she's been through. I do think it's quite likely she does little more now than sing the words she's given and do the dance moves she's given, but I don't think that was always the case. Early accounts suggest that Britney used to be very insistent about how she wanted her performances to be, and she supposedly co-wrote Lucky (I'm actually inclined to believe this, as it seems to foreshadow her later breakdown).

I disagree with the OP that we needn't sympathise with Britney because she has so much money. Money can be a cushion, but it doesn't - beyond a certain level - buy happiness, and clearly hasn't done so for Britney.

So very true. I read this article on Britney. A dissection of her Hold it against me video. http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/britney-spears-mind-control-and-hold-it-against-me/

Some may find the blogger's theories a bit far out/tin hat brigade but it's an interesting read regardless of where you stand. If any part of what he speaks of is true it really is sad times.
    Forum Member
    I'm not starting an argument with you, I think what she has gone through and the fact she is still a performing artist is amazing.

But you said: "Meth never really came into it at all - it was always cocaine and prescription drugs mentioned in the news, ''sources'', etc."

You added that link in an Edit I didn't see - sorry.:o
    Forum Member
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    So very true. I read this article on Britney. A dissection of her Hold it against me video. http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/britney-spears-mind-control-and-hold-it-against-me/

Some may find the blogger's theories a bit far out/tin hat brigade but it's an interesting read regardless of where you stand. If any part of what he speaks of is true it really is sad times.

This is the same person who said that Lady GaGa is part of the Illuminati.

Of. Salt. Pinch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same person who said that Lady GaGa is part of the Illuminati.

Of. Salt. Pinch.

I'll agree with you on that. What a load of tripe that is.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a fondness for Britney, and wish her well after all she's been through. I do think it's quite likely she does little more now than sing the words she's given and do the dance moves she's given, but I don't think that was always the case. Early accounts suggest that Britney used to be very insistent about how she wanted her performances to be, and she supposedly co-wrote Lucky (I'm actually inclined to believe this, as it seems to foreshadow her later breakdown).

I disagree with the OP that we needn't sympathise with Britney because she has so much money. Money can be a cushion, but it doesn't - beyond a certain level - buy happiness, and clearly hasn't done so for Britney.

I absolutely agree with you, i do think she only ever wanted to settle down with someone who truly loved her and be happy having kids, unfortunately she was/is the cash cow for so many!!! I root for her to be HAPPY as you say money dosent buy happiness.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have absolutely no proof and while I do think she was abusing something, I don't think it was meth. Meth seriously ages you and destroys your looks.

Back on topic - she does look to be going through the motions and she's lost her spark. Her recent live performances are pretty lame and she looks half hearted. It's sad to see how she is now compared to what she used to be. Maybe in time, as she heals, she will regain some of what she once had.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »
    I read an article about just how controlled Britney is. It explained how the type of conservatorship she's under is almost always used for old people with degenerative illnesses like Alzheimer's, which is why the permanent status exists, because these people will never get better. When it's a young person, a temporary conservatorship is almost always used. There is no reason for a permanent one - it's saying that she will never get well enough to take control again.

The other thing the article said was that she is so totally controlled in the conservatorship that she has no legal right to hire a lawyer for herself and contest the conservatorship. So she has no way out if she feels she is competent, she is stuck there until her father decides to relinquish control, if he ever does. They make the point that children in extreme cases can seek legal emancipation from their parents and even if not, at least escape their legal clutches at a certain age (16/18). Yet in Britney's situation, she is 29 years old and there is simply no way out of the conservatorship because she has no rights or control over herself.

I don't know just how accurate it is, but it's quite a chilling thought really. Britney seems like more of a puppet than ever and it wouldn't be too bad if she was just doing it for now to make some money, but the thought that she is so trapped is sad.

The article is linked here: http://www.autostraddle.com/its-not-britney-bitch-84052/

I'm surprised to hear that. I'd assumed the conservatorship was of a temporary nature. While I don't doubt her father's good intentions, and clearly her life has become less chaotic since he took over, I think it is a matter for concern that the decision of when the conservatorship should end should be solely his.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised to hear that. I'd assumed the conservatorship was of a temporary nature. While I don't doubt her father's good intentions, and clearly her life has become less chaotic since he took over, I think it is a matter for concern that the decision of when the conservatorship should end should be solely his.
    Neither do I. Almost overnight, once he took over, Brithey went from crying on the pavement and shaving her head, to not being seen unless it was to do with her career. Unlike her mother who is from the Lohan school of parenting, her Dad seems to keep parental duties private. I think one of the very few comments he made was that no Dad expects to be responsible for their 26 year old daughter.

I think the conservateship is overseen by courts and reassessed on a regualar bases and when the time is right, her Dad will be more than happy to put her back in charge of her life. It took years for Britney to reach the low that she did and I doubt she'll fully recover in a few short years. As galling as it must've been for her to be reduced to the level of a child, it was what she needed. She was looking for security in a manager who drugged her and a pap boyfriend who was using her. By all accounts, her Dad is doing right by her.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess she's just a puppet with the strings up...:p
    Forum Member
    Neither do I. Almost overnight, once he took over, Brithey went from crying on the pavement and shaving her head, to not being seen unless it was to do with her career. Unlike her mother who is from the Lohan school of parenting, her Dad seems to keep parental duties private. I think one of the very few comments he made was that no Dad expects to be responsible for their 26 year old daughter.

I think the conservateship is overseen by courts and reassessed on a regualar bases and when the time is right, her Dad will be more than happy to put her back in charge of her life. It took years for Britney to reach the low that she did and I doubt she'll fully recover in a few short years. As galling as it must've been for her to be reduced to the level of a child, it was what she needed. She was looking for security in a manager who drugged her and a pap boyfriend who was using her. By all accounts, her Dad is doing right by her.

This.

I LOVE YOU MARY!:cool:
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's changed I don't know if it's down to hanging out with the likes of Paris Hilton but I don't think her recent music is as serious as it was 8-10 years ago. She does most of it now to stay with the in crowd.

She seems to have escaped the family and private issues that dogged her three or four years ago. I wonder how long she'll continue making music though she obviously doesn't need to.