Options

The Beckhams Use Their Wealth To Avoid Being 'Hands-On' Parents

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    There maybe plenty to criticise the Beckhams about, but not their parenting. Those boys appear well behaved and loved.
    What new parent would not turn down the chance of someone to take over the night feeds?

One whose breastfeeding ! Thought that's what VB was going to do this time round... or has she given up on that already...
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Their kids seem polite, happy and well-adjusted. Whatever they are doing is clearly working.
    Why have kids if you dont want to look after them.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    There maybe plenty to criticise the Beckhams about, but not their parenting. Those boys appear well behaved and loved.
    What new parent would not turn down the chance of someone to take over the night feeds?
    I would its all part of bonding with your baby,i have 5 and would not pass any of my kids over to some one else to look after them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    I agree.

I'd venture to say they are among the nicest celebrity kids.
    So the nannies have done a good job then.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady*tara wrote: »
    I would its all part of bonding with your baby,i have 5 and would not pass any of my kids over to some one else to look after them.

I agree, but I would not have minded a night nannie! My profession was a qualified nannie.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One whose breastfeeding ! Thought that's what VB was going to do this time round... or has she given up on that already...[/QUO

Can you breast feed if you have had breast made bigger and then made smaller?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum used to come round twice a week and get up at night with both my babies.... bro and SIL had them overnight once a week (which I reciprocated with theirs) from six months.... my poor traumatised, damaged babies I must go and hug them.... ooops I can't they are staying at their other grans this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum used to come round twice a week and get up at night with both my babies.... bro and SIL had them overnight once a week (which I reciprocated with theirs) from six months.... my poor traumatised, damaged babies I must go and hug them.... ooops I can't they are staying at their other grans this weekend.
    But thats their nan,family not strangers.my kids adore my mum she is their second mum,and again not a stranger.
  • Options
    EE at HeartEE at Heart Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    How many C Sections has Posh had now? they don't recommend more than two. It can course serious issues in later life having so many.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Their kids seem polite, happy and well-adjusted. Whatever they are doing is clearly working.

And that is a credit to their nannies. But it reminds me of a situation when I saw a child fall over and hurt its knee. The little girl cried and went straight over to a nanny despite her mother being right there. Because that is who she bonded with. Any idiot can make a baby, but raising a child is the real hard bit of parenting.

It is the Beckhams who will lose out in the end. You can do a photo shoot anytime but those precious moments of your child growing up you can never get back. What is the point in having children if you are not going to be there for their raising. Just seems a bit pointless. I am not saying all parents need to stay at home and none should work. But apprently there will be at least 1 nanny there 24/7 not just certain times. I realise parents work, parents need breaks but all the time? Back to the point why bother? Oh yes generates fantastic publicity they got paid for those baby shots. They say the Beckham brand makes money from the marriage they admit that themselves, I am guessing the babies make money for them too.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    One whose breastfeeding ! Thought that's what VB was going to do this time round... or has she given up on that already...
    You can get someone else to do that too. I remember this documentary, I think it was on Channel 4, on women who feed their friends' babies. They call it 'cross-feeding'.
    Or you can get a nanny who breastfeeds your child...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fifilapew wrote: »
    This was because breastfeeding stops you ovulating. The aristocracy wanted their women to get on with the important task of making more sons as quickly as possible.
    You know it doesn't work, right? It does not stop you ovulating. I know plenty of women who were still breastfeeding their first when falling pregnant with number two...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Or you can get a nanny who breastfeeds your child...

Just wondering.....

Is this still call a wetnurse or is that too old-fashion of a term?

And, if your baby is breast-fed but not from you, is this still ok with the breast-feeding brigade? I mean as long as its not formula, right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ultimatums wrote: »
    Just wondering.....

Is this still call a wetnurse or is that too old-fashion of a term?

And, if your baby is breast-fed but not from you, is this still ok with the breast-feeding brigade? I mean as long as its not formula, right?
    From what I remember of that documentary, it wasn't called wetnursing, but cross-feeding.

Some women also save their breastmilk to donate to hospitals, for premature babies who need it. That I understand and think is lovely. Going over to your friends' house and having her toddler lift up your shirt demanding boobie is something completely different.......
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    If Victoria is breastfeeding this time as was reported before Harper's arrival then I doubt they would have round- the- clock nannies. They're not newborns for long, it goes by so fast I loved every second of the early months. Each to their own I guess.....

with all the 'alleged' surgery on her breasts (bigger, smaller, bigger) i'd be surprised if that was the case...but i could be wrong
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    How many C Sections has Posh had now? they don't recommend more than two. It can course serious issues in later life having so many.

shes had 4....she has not issued any reason as to why (understandable) Nowadays there is really 'no limit' to amount of sections....in fact 4 difficult, physically & mentally traumatic deliveries can cause more damage in the long term.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's New York Fashion Week in a couple of months, time to put down the real baby and get back to her collection :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Oh Daily Star so it must be true !
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with paying someone else to do the crap jobs like changing nappies, getting up several times through the night and all that, while you get to do all the fun stuff with the baby. I would do the same if I could afford it. Why be tired and worn out when you don't need to be??!
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    with all the 'alleged' surgery on her breasts (bigger, smaller, bigger) i'd be surprised if that was the case...but i could be wrong

I'm no expert but I think you can breastfeed with implants.
    If the implants don't disturb the milk ducts then it should not pose a problem if they get taken out again.

If a woman has a breast reduction milk ducts nipples etc get cut and moved around so it would make breastfeeding impossible.

I thought she had breastfed Brooklyn but that was before the her boob job.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if she was breastfeeding (have no idea if she is or not of course), can't you get breast pumps? Then put the milk into bottles and feed your child with the bottle?
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sorry but she has now had 4 so not recommending more than two cant be correct
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Who can blame them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady*tara wrote: »

What if you worked full time to support them and had no other option?
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    You know it doesn't work, right? It does not stop you ovulating. I know plenty of women who were still breastfeeding their first when falling pregnant with number two...

It does prevent ovulation. But only if the baby is fed frequently on demand, and with absolutely no other food or fluids including water..
    I wouldn't recommend that anyone rely on it for contraceptive purposes though.