Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People wishing their dad's Happy Fathers Day when they're dad's aren't on FB... Am I bad for being irritated by this? :sleep:
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been into clubbing, and I'm not so invested in sex that I'd go on holiday with the main goal of getting some.

I think I'm an old fashioned granny type because I'd rather curl up with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate. :o

Well if you're the old-fashioned granny type, then so am I :)
    pugamo wrote: »
    I have to agree, one of my friends posted a picture of her and her husband posing next to her seriously ill father's hospital bed while he was getting his nebuliser, I thought it was very inappropriate.

Horrible. A friend of mine posted a picture of her seriously ill husband (he has since died) in hospital with tubes etc coming out of him. I felt sorry for her because it was such a dreadfully sad time for them, but it felt wrong somehow. I know that if I was seriously ill in hospital, the last thing I would want is people plastering pictures of me all over FB.
    Jason100 wrote: »
    It seems like everyone thinks this person's latest relationship is fake:

"4 all u haters i love *** ******* and she loves me and if u dont like it **** U REMOVE URSELF FROM MY FRIENDS LIST true friends stand by each ova no matter wot!!!!!!"

I would love it if all of her friends had promptly removed themselves from her friends list :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    People wishing their dad's Happy Fathers Day when they're dad's aren't on FB... Am I bad for being irritated by this? :sleep:

And so many people harping on about their father's being the best in the world, when in reality a lot of these man are total shits.
  • Options
    CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    This.

I hate how Mothers feel the need to post pictures of their child naked/unwell/in hospital etc. Just things we don't need to see. Before FB I doubt 99% of parents would have felt the need to take a pic of their child unwell/in hospital.

Also my Nan was recently taken into hospital when she was very poorly. None of us posted about it (as we wouldn't anyway). Even when she died none of us did. There was only one status relating to it but had no mention of my Nan or her death. Just that my cousin loves us all.

It really does reinforce my belief that Facebook is, ultimately, one of the worst things to happen to society. There is something so soulless about the way people turn literally everything into a Facebook opportunity. I honestly feel it's sucking us of our warmth and sensitivity, no matter how many people use it to show how more compassionate than thou they are.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really does reinforce my belief that Facebook is, ultimately, one of the worst things to happen to society. There is something so soulless about the way people turn literally everything into a Facebook opportunity. I honestly feel it's sucking us of our warmth and sensitivity, no matter how many people use it to show how more compassionate than thou they are.

I don't think that everyone uses it that way, but I agree that some people do. I think putting pictures of a very ill person online is pretty disrespectful to that person, not to mention upsetting for others. Most people don't like pictures of themselves looking a bit rough, so how on earth would they feel about having pictures of themselves looking ill in hospital? It's just....I don't know, I can't even find the words for it really.
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Happy fathers day to a special kind of dad, one who has took on the role for my two eldest kids, who does everything for them, and has been there when others should have been and who is a wonderful dad to our son. You really are a treasure thank you. xxxxxxxxxxx

Gah tell him to his face then. Not on Facebook to get attention.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    A friend is setting up a FB account for her daughter who is 13 and she has had to put that she is 18 :eek:

Now this is a mother who was ranting a couple of months back that her daughter was being bullied on a different site :rolleyes:

No doubt there will be lots of .. "My baby is being bullied" in a few weeks time :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I don't think that everyone uses it that way, but I agree that some people do. I think putting pictures of a very ill person online is pretty disrespectful to that person, not to mention upsetting for others. Most people don't like pictures of themselves looking a bit rough, so how on earth would they feel about having pictures of themselves looking ill in hospital? It's just....I don't know, I can't even find the words for it really.

Agree with everything here. I don't mean to tar all Facebook users with the same brush but it does seem an unusually high percentage have no idea of what should be appropriate and private or not, or they just don't care.

I have a Facebook account just because it's the way of the world but I've noticed a drop in activity from a lot of people I know who are on there. I'm hoping that for at least some sort of significant number of people they might have become as disenchanted with Facebook and social networking as I am. For a while being on Facebook felt mandatory but not so much lately, thank goodness.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this trend has hit facebook but on twitter, there's a new trend of women taking pictures of the bath full of bubbles.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    A friend is setting up a FB account for her daughter who is 13 and she has had to put that she is 18 :eek:

A few years ago i stumbled across a profile of a woman who looked old enough to be in her 20's, she had her birthday set as 1985. When i looked through only visible photo album there was a shot of her taken the same year (2011) with her wearing a 13th birthday badge! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I might unfriend this person soon, getting really annoying!

Their status;

OMG I'm going to be on Britain's Got More Talent again, ITV 2!

Then proceeded to spam everyone's status's with it :rolleyes:

Random friends status's;

Saw Man of Steel, great film; I'm gonna be on BGMT

Just had a baby bird fly into my house! I'm on BGMT

Had a great Birthday, thanks for all the messages xx I show up on BGMT

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »

OMG I'm going to be on Britain's Got More Talent again, ITV 2!

Bet she's one of those bad auditions put on camera purely to be made fun of. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet she's one of those bad auditions put on camera purely to be made fun of. :D

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmxvuUq2JHY

And the year after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGepZR423ck

They are making a return next year :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Been getting a lot of statuses about holidays lately. I'm just back from a holiday :D
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been getting a lot of statuses about holidays lately. I'm just back from a holiday :D

Same with me, including the annual "girls" holiday in Marbella.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    "428 more sleeps..."

STFU!

Plus numerous vague, attention seeking updates - mainly made by women.
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely not. "Ooooh look how much I love my daddy"

Nonsense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "428 more sleeps..."

STFU!

Plus numerous vague, attention seeking updates - mainly made by women.

The "sleeps" thing churns my stomach. You can't get any more infantile and pathetic.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Irish girl this time. This has been posted over the course of today.

(the joy is Mountjoy, a prison)

Pretty sure that whole page is a troll though. Has to be.

https://www.facebook.com/hopeurokhun?fref=ts
    It's a spoof page
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,276
    Forum Member
    I find this really disturbing. Some moments really should be private. I fear there is a whole generation or two who have lost all understand of the concepts of privacy and discretion due to our reality TV and social networking obsessed culture. :(

I agree, there's just some stuff that isn't appropriate for the public domain. I've got a friend at the minute who's just given birth really premature, so there's practically hourly updates/photos of the child on ventilation, she even has a picture of that as her profile picture! :eek:

I could understand it if they took private pictures and videos to keep as mementos to keep in a proper photo album for private use and to show other family members, but it doesn't need broadcasting all over the internet.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Happy fathers day to a special kind of dad, one who has took on the role for my two eldest kids, who does everything for them, and has been there when others should have been and who is a wonderful dad to our son. You really are a treasure thank you. xxxxxxxxxxx

Just seen this in response to such statuses:

As my dad is not on facebook I've gone for the traditional method of buying him a card instead...

Brilliant :D It's got many 'likes'.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People wishing their dad's Happy Fathers Day when they're dad's aren't on FB

Presuming most of these posts are from women, they're expecting responses about how lucky their dads are to have such a wonderful, loving daughter.
    Happy fathers day to a special kind of dad, one who has took on the role for my two eldest kids

I can't help imagining that several other men have filled that 'role' previously. :p
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    A friend is setting up a FB account for her daughter who is 13 and she has had to put that she is 18

Has the age limit been raised then? I'm sure that 13 used to be the minimum age for joining the site.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Has the age limit been raised then? I'm sure that 13 used to be the minimum age for joining the site.

I'm not sure but this woman is an attention seeker. She did 3 post about it until someone commented.
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Just seen this in response to such statuses:

As my dad is not on facebook I've gone for the traditional method of buying him a card instead...

Brilliant :D It's got many 'likes'.

I actually replied. I must be old fashioned as I rang my dad.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I actually replied. I must be old fashioned as I rang my dad.

You're certainly giving them a run for their money. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Is that supposed to say her dad took on the role of father to his grankids or is she wishing happy dads day to her boyfriend. People write it in a way I'm not sure what they meant
This discussion has been closed.