Options

Will Alesha Dixon become a huge star?

jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was reading something that Bruce F said, about Alesha becoming a huge star now that she is on BGT and with Simon Cowell. Obviously BGT will give her more exposure especially with her music and Cowell if very fond of her.

Will she turn into the new Cheryl Cole?

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole isn't a huge star.

Alesha Dixon won't be either. This is about as famous as she can get.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    I was reading something that Bruce F said, about Alesha becoming a huge star now that she is on BGT and with Simon Cowell. Obviously BGT will give her more exposure especially with her music and Cowell if very fond of her.

Will she turn into the new Cheryl Cole?

when she won Strictly I think Brucie said something about her being the British Beyonce. He obviously thinks highly of her and she comes over as a nice person. I'm not sure she will make it big in the music business.
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, I hope so! She gets a lot of bad press but she comes across really well in interviews and she doesn't seem to hold a grudge against any haters either.

She deserves to be a huge star - she's got the personality, the voice and the determination. I just hope she doesn't change if she does become a massive star.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole isn't a huge star.

Alesha Dixon won't be either. This is about as famous as she can get.

You can't really say she won't be as i have heard that she has been brilliant in the BGT auditions and is by far the best judge. Viewers may really take to her when they see her when the show gets aired. I know she wasn't well received on SCD, but BGT is more her ''thing''.

Also i brought Cheryl into it because no matter what you think of her, Cowell made her even more popular when she was on the xfactor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    when she won Strictly I think Brucie said something about her being the British Beyonce. He obviously thinks highly of her and she comes over as a nice person. I'm not sure she will make it big in the music business.

Yeah i remember that.. Her last album didst do too well but Cowell is said to what to make her huge as he really rates her.
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not unless she gets her kit off
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she that good?

She seems to get these top roles but when i watch her/listen to her music she doesnt come across as multi-talented?
    She's a bit like Cheryl Cole, very pretty and has this charm factor about her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    her laugh does ma nut in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I saw her in concert year before last and she was fabulous. No miming, all singing, all dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    If she is to become 'a huge star' just because she's a judge on a tacky talent show (ie. BGT), it would show just how ridiculous some people in this country are.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no specific talent to speak of, so yeh, probably.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a far better singer than Cheryl Cole, but to be fair, who isn't?:p

I don't think she'll getter any bigger than she is now or has been in the past.

She probably peaked with Misteeq & that was a decade ago.

She might enjoy a short term bosst to her career, but nothing else IMO.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    She has no specific talent to speak of, so yeh, probably.

That's harsh .

She is very popular
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    That's harsh .

She is very popular

Popularity has nothing to do with talent.
  • Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed seeing her live. :)
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,She will not get any bigger than she Is now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Popularity has nothing to do with talent.

True but you saw what Cowell did with Cole. Yes many dislike her but he still made her relevant and earned her album sales.

He wants to do the same with Alesha me thinks.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be another of Simon's chicks. He'll use her and then get rid when something better/more usable comes along. He does not need real talents that can stand on their own, they have to need him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    She'll be another of Simon's chicks. He'll use her and then get rid when something better/more usable comes along. He does not need real talents that can stand on their own, they have to need him.

So Alesha needs Simon:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Just dont give her any drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dont give her any drink.

I see what you did there!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    I was reading something that Bruce F said, about Alesha becoming a huge star.....

Surely Weight Watchers won't be happy?
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    She isnt very likable and she cant really sing, so she has every chance as becoming as "famous" as Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another very average individual using their looks to go places. Sad that the British public are so shallow to be taken in by her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isnt very likable and she cant really sing, so she has every chance as becoming as "famous" as Cheryl Cole.

How is that the case? Just because she wasn't that liked on SCD? The reason why she wasn't liked was because she didn't have the background to fill the Arlene role, not because of her personally.

She is very popular, so don't get where 'isnt very' likable comes from!