Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher's set at Barclays Wireless Festival 2012 is on MTV Music tonight at 8PM if any of you wanted to watch it. :)
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not much news, just an update;

5 & 7 on Us and Canada itunes respectively. Been 5 since AGT last week, so hopefully should go up a little on Billboard - though tbh i don't care so much about that, it's all about the sales:)
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    39.883 audience impact now (getting updates of nearly a million each day now) :D
  • Options
    FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell the bus thing is real! I thought it was a spoof (been watching too much Danny Boyle directed Olympics opening to tell reality from the surreal any more!). Wow that's the first tangible sign Epic have really got behind her even more. It's not that big a deal cost wise I'm sure but good sign.

By the way off topic I was blown away by the olympics opening personally. Totally fab, and best music mash ever. Where can I get carbon fibre punk pogo legs anyone.......I must have.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the bus a "cherabanc" then? I'll get me coat.....:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell the bus thing is real! I thought it was a spoof (been watching too much Danny Boyle directed Olympics opening to tell reality from the surreal any more!). Wow that's the first tangible sign Epic have really got behind her even more. It's not that big a deal cost wise I'm sure but good sign.

By the way off topic I was blown away by the olympics opening personally. Totally fab, and best music mash ever. Where can I get carbon fibre punk pogo legs anyone.......I must have.:D

i loved it, the whole thing...the pogo legs were genius. Only Swagger Jagger was missing from the music mash:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i loved it, the whole thing...the pogo legs were genius. Only Swagger Jagger was missing from the music mash:D

I can't hold the lack of SJ against it even! It was anarchic bonkers (see what I did there:D ) fun. Thank the Lord we didn't have to sit through drumming beefeaters with Henry VIII on backing vocals or something similar. I'm sure the rest of planet earth only picked up about 20% of what we did with all the references in it , but hell, we were paying so we may as well get a show we enjoyed. I hear Chinese TV commentary stopped totally at the point the locals were simulating chucking their 86 yr old head of state out of a helicopter into the night! Cultural gap much.

The rest of humanity could enjoy the humour and music at the least. Encouragingly, we are useless at goose stepping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't hold the lack of SJ against it even! It was anarchic bonkers (see what I did there:D ) fun. Thank the Lord we didn't have to sit through drumming beefeaters with Henry VIII on backing vocals or something similar. I'm sure the rest of planet earth only picked up about 20% of what we did with all the references in it , but hell, we were paying so we may as well get a show we enjoyed. I hear Chinese TV commentary stopped totally at the point the locals were simulating chucking their 86 yr old head of state out of a helicopter into the night! Cultural gap much.

The rest if humanity could enjoy the humour and music at the least. Encouragingly, we are useless at goose stepping.

i expect most of the world was baffled by our "leftist multicultural crap", or rolled their eyes at that strange and eccentric island race..but there we are, we win:p

P.S no i didn't see what you did there btw:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i expect most of the world was baffled by our "leftist multicultural crap", or rolled their eyes at that strange and eccentric island race..but there we are, we win:p

P.S no i didn't see what you did there btw:o

Bonkers - the whole thing and a Dizee Rascal reference, I'll get me coat... again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently sold 128k last week (about 16% up so AGT maybe worked) bringing it to 663k overall and 20k overall in Canada. I think by next week it will have got close to doubling her pre May worlwide singles total.

All unutterably fab this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a new peak of no12 on this weeks Billboard...up 5 from 17:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this weeks sales, i believe are 122,000 (785,000 total).

WUD be nice if WUB could make it into the BB top 10 this week (depends on airplay i guess)...just one week would be enough, we can move on then:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this weeks sales, i believe are 122,000 (785,000 total).

WUD be nice if WUB could make it into the BB top 10 this week (depends on airplay i guess)...just one week would be enough, we can move on then:)

Just beat me to it:D 122k and 785 are really good. More this week than I thought again. She's dropping a bit now but one more decent week should put her in a good place to do the magic million as she's goes back down the chart. Fingers crossed she hangs on for a 90k plus week this week.

Still it's all amazing to be even talking in these terms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't dropping down the chart. Remember that sales count the least in the USA chart! Ellie Goulding was no.8-10 on itunes last week, but number 4 (IIRC) on the chart overall!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't dropping down the chart. Remember that sales count the least in the USA chart! Ellie Goulding was no.8-10 on itunes last week, but number 4 (IIRC) on the chart overall!

Yes sure you're right, I was meaning iTunes (ie the sales bit of the chart - well more or less). She's at 9 now I think and 45% which the lowest for a while, but hey, it's not like it's a catastrophe given shes doubled her world single sales in ten weeks:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes sure you're right, I was meaning iTunes (ie the sales bit of the chart - well more or less). She's at 9 now I think and 45% which the lowest for a while, but hey, it's not like it's a catastrophe given shes doubled her world single sales in ten weeks:)

Oh right, yeah!

For anyone interested - she has now surpassed 2 million followers on Twitter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also, have you seen the amount of brats that turn out to these little events over there...

https://twitter.com/1079theend/status/233267878202318848/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also, have you seen the amount of brats that turn out to these little events over there...

https://twitter.com/1079theend/status/233267878202318848/photo/1

Wow. There will be some idiot somewhere saying they've been paid I suppose....:rolleyes: still let them be deluded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. There will be some idiot somewhere saying they've been paid I suppose....:rolleyes: still let them be deluded.

clearly been paid

apparely there's 2000+ there:eek: it's gone mad.

Back on the subject of sales, it's rumoured she may be appearing on the Today prog soon(whatever that is:o) which might give it a final boost to send it flying over the million mark

and as i'm on a roll, i like this new pic
    http://instagram.com/p/OE747mlkZz/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think she's just been confirmed for TV on the Today show in NYC on 30th, which seems to be a fairly big deal (?). She's also in Toronto later this week (from California now) and as far as we know still has to come all the way back for the gig in Skeggy in between! She'll be knackered.

Note to Epic/Syco pre album release let her have a holiday! Think she deserves it,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think she's just been confirmed for TV on the Today show in NYC on 30th, which seems to be a fairly big deal (?). She's also in Toronto later this week (from California now) and as far as we know still has to come all the way back for the gig in Skeggy in between! She'll be knackered.

Note to Epic/Syco pre album release let her have a holiday! Think she deserves it,

I forgot the V festival too. Hard work this glamorous popstars bit really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a little round up piece on the latest goings on, album release date and Today show confirmation

http://www.redorbit.com/news/entertainment/1112674574/cher_lloyd_brit_sensation_adds_final_touches_to_sticks_/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unconfirmed: WUB 117k last week (no10 on digital chart) 902k in total:D. So the million and platinum status sometime in the next 10 days or so allowing for some decline but not falling off a cliff?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unconfirmed: WUB 117k last week (no10 on digital chart) 902k in total:D. So the million and platinum status sometime in the next 10 days or so allowing for some decline but not falling off a cliff?

nice. Wonder if there'll be a second single before the S+S release, and if so what?

and when do we get the new extra tracks over here? better be soon or there'll be another trans-Atlantic brat-war on twitter;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like within the next 2 days she will get into the top 10 airplay! Then she will increase more because she made the top 10!

11 right now, she is getting radio adds, while Call Me Maybe is falling like a stone!