Richard Briers Has Died

124»

Comments

• habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a good advert of why you shouldn't smoke so much.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved his work. Martin Bryce (come along Ann!!):cool: remains one of my all time favourite characters. Just brilliant.

Very sad news, RIP, Richard, and thank you. :(
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I think a glass of finest peapod burgundy should be raised today in toast for a great actor who left us with lots of laughs and pleasure. :)

And be careful it doesn't blow your eyeballs out! :D

i think he would have loved that:D
    RIP richard briers, he will be missed greatly but has left behind a great legacy
  • paddypaddy Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    One person seems to be very quiet and making no comment is Felicity Kendall.

Did they not get on ?
    Apologies if I have missed a comment by her but she like Penelope Keith is one of the remaining cast members and as such would expect a reaction from her.

Any thoughts?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paddy wrote: »

Did they not get on ?
    Apologies if I have missed a comment by her but she like Penelope Keith is one of the remaining cast members and as such would expect a reaction from her.

Any thoughts?

Penelope Keith was on the news last night paying tribute to him but as to Felicity......
    Has his Good Life co-star Felicity Kendal been supportive during his illness?
    ‘Not much,’ he says. ‘She seems to have disappeared in a strange way. She’s an extraordinary girl. I don’t really know who she is. Never did. She was always an attractive girl and she’s still pretty young, but you know she’s very strange. Enchanting, but very strange.
    ‘She became enamoured with [playwright Tom] Stoppard. They were very much in love and I think she’d had enough of The Good Life. She quite liked the idea of very good acting — clever acting rather than just sitcom. Now she’s got this
    very nice American chap who’s been with her many years.

‘I got a very nice card from her, but we’ve never really…’
    Been friends? ‘No, it’s ridiculous. Strange.’ Which it is given that they are one of the best-loved telly couples in British comedy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2271496/Richard-Briers-battling-chronic-lung-disease--lifelong-friend-Prunella-Scales-shocking-confession-own.html
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did they not get on ?

Any thoughts?

According to that lovely interview with him and Prunella Scales from a couple of weeks ago (sorry, link I think on the other Richard Briers thread), while there was no bad feeling between them or anything like that, I'm sure he said that they never really became friends or were close or stayed in contact much.... but it is a bit odd that she wouldn't have commented publicly on his death...

ETA - here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1793762 - the link to the article is in the 1st post.
    Forum Member
    Just seems strange and in some sort of way somewhat disrespectful.
    I'm not attempting in any way to come across as perfect,but it just to me seems a little odd.

No more than that.
  • cyril-furrcyril-furr Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did they not get on ?

Any thoughts?

I must admit, I thought it a bit odd too, perhaps she is unwell - it is early days after all.

Another factor is, Felicity was raised in old India, that upbringing can have ann odd effect sometimes.
    Forum Member
    Well as they say watch this space.

You can bet though that if no reaction is forthcoming after a while,the hounds of the press pack will pick up on it.

We'll see !
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    According to that lovely interview with him and Prunella Scales from a couple of weeks ago (sorry, link I think on the other Richard Briers thread), while there was no bad feeling between them or anything like that, I'm sure he said that they never really became friends or were close or stayed in contact much.... but it is a bit odd that she wouldn't have commented publicly on his death...

ETA - here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1793762 - the link to the article is in the 1st post.

Love the ads they did for the Polaroid Instant camera in (I think) the late 70's!
    I didn't know they existed til I saw them on You Tube.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did they not get on ?

Any thoughts?

Funnily enough, was just thinking that and asked if she had commented on the other thread in Showbiz before coming over here. Also saw the really nice Penelope Keith tribute on the news, too.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news indeed am glad he had a good life and he made me laugh.RIP Richard Briars.

I ordered the whole series of "Ever Decreasing Circles" yesterday although he became famous for the "Good Life" i prefer that.