Channel 4 News Is The Best

Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
Forum Member
Just stumbled across Channel 4 News and I must say it is the best of the main 5 channels by far. It presents stories without being bias. The fact that it is not seconding The Israel-Palestine Conflict for the Plane attack story has pushed it up in my opinion.

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ''The best'' for what ?
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    al jazeera english is the best for news and the best news channel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    al jazeera english is the best for news and the best news channel

No it isn't. I was stuck watching it in Debenhams once while sitting in the "bored men" chairs, and I was dying for a remote control.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just stumbled across Channel 4 News and I must say it is the best of the main 5 channels by far. It presents stories without being bias. The fact that it is not seconding The Israel-Palestine Conflict for the Plane attack story has pushed it up in my opinion.

"Without being biased"

I'll respond to that when I've stopped giggling.
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't it be better though if Jon Snow was sitting in a studio with a fake view of Leicester behind him to remove the pro-London bias?
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 news is fast becoming a joke with its yoof reporters who are barely literate and its never ending obsession with Islam. Its coverage of the Israel-Palestine situation is third rate. The Jon Snow tirade the other night against an Israeli spokesman was a disgrace to British journalism. I was embarrassed to watch it. I don't know how the channel get away with it. Aren't they legally bound to be impartial? You'd never believe it.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be a much better programme if Jon Snow wasn't there. He really struggles to remain impartial when he covers anything relating to Muslims or Islam, which he has a soft spot for and regards as 'victims', and takes a strong tone against Israel and the USA. He tries and fails to be a heavyweight interviewer.

The programme has the potential to be very good, but some of its reporters are very young and inexperienced. Take Ciaran Jenkins for example. It's nothing personal, but, like many at BBC Wales, he got his breaks through his connections in Welsh language 'Crachach' circles. His father, Mike Jenkins is high up in Plaid Cymru and his sister, Bethan Jenkins, is a well-known Plaid Cymru politician in Wales. There are numerous other examples of this network helping each other out at BBC Wales.

Ciaran is still only around 30 and could've done with a few years cutting his teeth. Others at Channel 4 News also lack experience.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do occasionally have a good scoop, but really to say a channel is unbiased when it's utterly obsessed with Israel and anything Muslim is really quite ridiculous, and I agree with the poster above's assessment of this week's Snow tirade against the Israeli spokesman. It was actually embarrassing.

It's no wonder the ratings are beyond abysmal when they obsess over subjects that only have appeal to a hardcore minority.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Snow and the best is an oxymoron.
  • Gray77Gray77 Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just stumbled across this drink called Coca Cola. I didn't know it existed until a few days ago but now I have discovered it I need to let you all know that I think it's easily better than all the other drinks I've tasted.

Despite not knowing about it a week ago I have to say that the colour and fizzy bubbles have pushed it up in my opinion, despite not actually having any opinion of it at all a week ago as I'd never tasted it.
  • Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    They do occasionally have a good scoop, but really to say a channel is unbiased when it's utterly obsessed with Israel and anything Muslim is really quite ridiculous, and I agree with the poster above's assessment of this week's Snow tirade against the Israeli spokesman. It was actually embarrassing.

It's no wonder the ratings are beyond abysmal when they obsess over subjects that only have appeal to a hardcore minority.

It's not that they are obsessed with Islam it's that majority of people in middle east are Muslim and that is where a lot of the world news takes place
  • Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Gray77 wrote: »
    I've just stumbled across this drink called Coca Cola. I didn't know it existed until a few days ago but now I have discovered it I need to let you all know that I think it's easily better than all the other drinks I've tasted.

Despite not knowing about it a week ago I have to say that the colour and fizzy bubbles have pushed it up in my opinion, despite not actually having any opinion of it at all a week ago as I'd never tasted it.

Maybe you should go elsewhere and start a new thread about your amazing discovery.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    "Without being biased"

I'll respond to that when I've stopped giggling.
    My thoughts exactly! :D
  • willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that they are obsessed with Islam it's that majority of people in middle east are Muslim and that is where a lot of the world news takes place

In one programme they spent a week going on about the Burka being worn in the UK. They then, at the end of the week, held a discussion were the majority of the women were wearing burkas. The only women they interviewed wore the burka.

Not one opposing view to the burka was aired.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Even worse since they recruited ex BBC dross like marxist Mason and Michael Prick. Cathy Newman is also a stuck up annoying cow. C4's version of Victoria Derbyshire.
  • mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    It'd be a much better programme if Jon Snow wasn't there. He really struggles to remain impartial when he covers anything relating to Muslims or Islam, which he has a soft spot for and regards as 'victims', and takes a strong tone against Israel and the USA. He tries and fails to be a heavyweight interviewer.

I agree that he didn't seem to make much impression in that interview where he tried to lambast the Israeli spokesman, but he is up against an extremely well organised PR machine that had predicted his every move and worked out an audience pleasing response:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/israelgaza-conflict-the-secret-report-that-helps-israelis-to-hide-facts-9630765.html

It would be interesting to see how he approached an interview with a Palestinian spokesperson but I've not seen that happen. Maybe just a coincidence as I'm not an avid viewer so I might have missed it, but if there have been any they are thin on the ground. I wonder why.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the old fool Snow was at it again tonight denying Hamas use civilians as a human shield (he's been to Gaza, you see so has an insider view of how Hamas works... apparently). That channel's news should be moved to its comedy department. God only knows how that non-story of the Muslim quiz winner building a studio in his shed qualified as 'news'...except that it allowed another pro-Palestine dig to be made.
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on for too long. We used to call it Channel Bore.

What's happened to the 7:55 slot that used to follow the news?
  • arista_tibb7arista_tibb7 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Yes ch4HD news is the Best
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,596
    Forum Member
    Yes ch4HD news is the Best

The only news programme now not in native HD!

I used to really like C4 news but they are way to London-centric these days.