Options

Doc Martin

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I'm still in denial, so i'm pinning my hopes on Louisa or Martin having had a bad dream about the wedding, and it turns out that the wedding day hasnt happened :p:p wishful thinking :)

That would be wonderful,the best outcome I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I'm a complete sucker for a happy ending.....the Doc and Louisa together is the happy ending i want to see soooo badly :) like Darcy and Elizabeth, Maria and Captain Von Trapp and Bridget and Mark (ok ok i will stop quoting BJD now...:p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Louisa has bewitched the doc just like Elizabeth did mr Darcy.I think a Mr Darcy cenerio would be good for the doc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    just saying goodnight i was only going to be on 10 mins or so about 2 hours ago must go now housework stuff to do speak to you all soon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lousia and the Doc's realtionship has loads of hallmarks of these relationships, although i know the circumstances etc are really different. Look at the ending of P&P..... perfect :)

Nos da yorkie :) will forward you some more scripts x x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lousia and the Doc's realtionship has loads of hallmarks of these relationships, although i know the circumstances etc are really different. Look at the ending of P&P..... perfect :)

Nos da yorkie :) will forward you some more scripts x x
    I know P&P is one of my favourit films.It would be lovely if the doc & Louisa could have an ending something like that.Forget all the nasty horror films just give me a nice pink & fluffy bucket of mush.
    Night yorkie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tilly 2 wrote: »
    .Forget all the nasty horror films just give me a nice pimk & fluffy bucket of mush.
    QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more with you girl :):) pink and fluffy and rose colored is good :) series four can be really dramatic with loads of up and downs, as long as we get our soppy ending :) i am soo soppy, it is not my fault, the xmas songs are on the telly. Hey maybe i'll find my own Doc Martin in my stocking this year :p hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Forget all the nasty horror films just give me a nice pimk & fluffy bucket of mush.
    QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more with you girl :):) pink and fluffy and rose colored is good :) series four can be really dramatic with loads of up and downs, as long as we get our soppy ending :) i am soo soppy, it is not my fault, the xmas songs are on the telly. Hey maybe i'll find my own Doc Martin in my stocking this year :p hehe

Oh I hope so I'm not sure i will want to watch if they don't continue their story.I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your wish on xmas morning.I am soppy to much nicer than real life sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is so true....Doc Martin is escapism at its best, which is fantastic. nothing wrong with a bit of escapism i say :) it has put me off weddings though, hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BG don’t want to upset you again tonight but just looking on itv teletext page 132 and it’s sad news of SCD Kelly Brook’s dad has died thought you may want to check it out.

by the way put 1 load of washing in before sitting down with i'm a c on and reading that script which is just great looking forward to the next instalment

hope the SCD news is not to upsetting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks yorkie, i've not been on the SCD forums for a few days. omg that is soooo sad, poor kelly. i am sooo cross at the judges now for the way they treated her when she has been through such a sad time :( i hope brendan is looking after her well

Did u like the doc martin script i sent u? which bit does it finish on? i'll send you the next bit...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you talking about a certain one,or weddings in general?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    weddings in general i think, lol!! not really, but there is sooo much scope for things to go wrong as Doc Martin showed....:p
    Actually, am goin to another wedding next month which i am absolutly not looking forward to.... :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    No I'm going to hang fire on buying S3 on DVD until I know how S4 pans out

Ditto that. I want to see what happens in series 4 first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BG. CJM emailed me the scripts today,yours included I havent read them yet but plan to tomorrow.Did you tell yorkie that you have more or is what CJM sent me up to date?Enjoy the wedding I'm sure it will be perfect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BG. CJM emailed me the scripts today,yours included I havent read them yet but plan to tomorrow.Did you tell yorkie that you have more or is what CJM sent me up to date?Enjoy the wedding I'm sure it will be perfect.

I think that CJM emailed them to yorkie, but they wouldnt send. I'll double check with CJM about the ones she's sent, then we can find out if theres any more to send :)

Aw, the wedding will be lovely, my friend and her partner are a lush couple, i'm just dreadin the fact that my ex is going with my best friend from primary school.....

Anyway guys, i better be off. Sweet Doc Martin dreams x x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It' his loss just hold your head high.Night bg.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    humphrey1 wrote: »
    I think we may have to resign ourselves to a considerable wait before we discover any concrete news about production of series four. :(

Yeah, I would doubt if they have even thought about arranging any locations or cast yet. If it's 2009 transmission they won't be filming until April-June 2009. Let's face it, after that ending, the only cast member we can guarantee at the moment is MC! I would guess the storylines will be roughed out during next year in conjunction with signing up the cast as required.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the gig CJM :)

TT&TO, i agree, i wanted to see them do normal everyday stuff together. Thats where they went wrong in the series, they would have been far better letting them have a long engagement. They do know each other well, but not really well, not deep down where it counts i think

Yes, I agree too - the writers have tried to compress months, or even years of dating (I'm talking about normal people here) into a few fairly intense encounters - it's no wonder they don't really know much about each other (as indeed the Doc says at the end of S2). I suppose it's the pressure of only having 6/7 episodes in each series covering a relatively short time-line. The more I think about it, the more I am coming to the unwelcome conclusion that ep7 actually gave us a convincing ending to the series, although it wasn't the one we wanted :mad:and has left the door open for developing their relationship in S4, hopefully to a happier conclusion.:) And I think that the comparison someone made with what happened to Frasier after Daphne & Niles got together is so apt - and we don't want that to happen to DM do we?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Did u like the doc martin script i sent u? which bit does it finish on? i'll send you the next bit...

BG yes thanks have read the script it’s very good, It is well written and easy to imagine the scenes being played out, it seems to have got the characters mannerisms and thought’s worked out just right in my view anyway.

the one i've got finishes at the end of act 5 with pauline telling the doc to 'keep the faith', so if there's anymore after that i'd love to see them CMJ tried but never managed to get any copies to me so it’s down to you if that’s ok

thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a complete sucker for a happy ending.....the Doc and Louisa together is the happy ending i want to see soooo badly :) like Darcy and Elizabeth, Maria and Captain Von Trapp and Bridget and Mark (ok ok i will stop quoting BJD now...:p)

Hi BG - that would be so nice and we could all have a good weep (tears of happiness rather than of rage at the ending we got)- but it may be the end of DM as we know it. MC said on the GMTV interview at the start of the series that the ending was "happyesque" and " it is the Doc after all" so maybe he's thinking of where their relationship will be going in S4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    if this has been discussed in an earyler post im sorry just wanted to say ive been rewatching s2 and danny is so smarmy and "nice" i know nice is good but he is to nice,mummys boy,polite never angry never nasty who wants that apart from being boring its creepy i would go for the doc any day danny=nice=creepy(in this case )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    On the day of the wedding episode, my TV mag had it as a one to watch, thing, and I remember the person writing it was hoping the wedding wouldn't happen because, as they put it, 'the writers should remember what happened when Niles married Daphne in Frasier'

Never watched Frasier, but I can imagine what he was referring to. Some couples are more enteraining if they don't get together.

yeah i watched frasier they kept them apart for 7 years with niles being secrectly in love(sercert to her but the audience were in on it if you get what i mean) then tey did get it together and then it did go down hill in my opinion rather quickly but thats not to say louisa and doc will they ah but we will have to wait and a bloody long wait it is to
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »
    Yes, I agree too - the writers have tried to compress months, or even years of dating (I'm talking about normal people here) into a few fairly intense encounters - it's no wonder they don't really know much about each other (as indeed the Doc says at the end of S2). I suppose it's the pressure of only having 6/7 episodes in each series covering a relatively short time-line. The more I think about it, the more I am coming to the unwelcome conclusion that ep7 actually gave us a convincing ending to the series, although it wasn't the one we wanted :mad:and has left the door open for developing their relationship in S4, hopefully to a happier conclusion.:)

I think you're right with these points - despite not being what people wanted or maybe expected E7 had to end this way to keep the series going. Some of you suggested that a series showing them married and in domestic situations would be good - sorry, I might be wrong, but I'm not convinced on that one. I think the only time we'll see their wedding (if at all) is in the final episode of the final series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    terri21

Talking about the long wait maybe now that it’s been confirmed that the series has been recommissioned and with the rating being so high ITV may try to get something from Buffalo before 2009, they won’t want to loss that number of viewers by leaving it to long and also MC did say in his This Morning interview that he is not taking a year off so even if it’s just a one off say xmas special again
This discussion has been closed.