The Aristocrats

f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching this on C4 now.

I like my crude humour - but what in the hell is the point of this film. Do i just not get it?

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Seen it before and it's not a great film.

The joke is very famous and there are a couple of excellent renditions (South Park is one of them :D) but it didn't really need a film/documentary, or alteast it didn't need all the versions being recited.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gets dull after about 10 minutes because you've heard it all before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ughh after 10 mins you want to kill yourself.
  • sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god I was thinking I'd had a humour bypass watching this. All the crew and the guys being interviewed were killing themselves laughing and there I was at home stoic faced...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I've never seen it but it was critics favourite, look at the acclaim on the cover of the DVD, 'could be one of the funniest films you're EVER likely to see!!!'
    I've seen clips of it and I'd have to agree with you guys - 'could be one of the UN-funniest films you're EVER likely to see!!!'.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I like the song Everybody Wants to be a cat and the bit where Edgar gets his come uppance!!!
  • sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I like the song Everybody Wants to be a cat and the bit where Edgar gets his come uppance!!!

Actually that was the funniest bit of the film where they guy admits he always messes up by going Artistocats...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be the only one who enjoyed it then. Although I watched it a few years ago, not yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I DO like the bit where the Piano at the 'Jazz' party falls through the floor and they all walk off singing "Everybody wants to be a cat"..

Oh!

The Aristocrats....:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really Bad Film. I saw it at the cinema and didn't laugh once. The more these US "comedians" laughed at their own take on the joke, the more irritated I got, the only interesting bit was Eddie Izzard, who seemed totally bemused by it all. So bad. So so bad.
  • Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolute dreadful film

When it came out it was hyped up a lot and (hilarious etc)

Only wish it had Frank Carson or Bernard Manning telling it, that would have been funny