Late Show with David Letterman (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    I hear Dave are making a bid...

That would be ideal. Really if it doesn't work there it won't work anywhere. They should give it a shot.

On another unrelated note, (but still relevant if you read between the lines) Comedy Central have Renewed Stewart/Colbert's contracts through to the end of 2012. Notice how Letterman & Stewart aways renew their contracts for pretty much the same amount of time and within months of each other?

The article also has an interesting take on the network v's cable debate regarding the late night talk show scene.
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news about Colbert and Stewart. ^

Guess who went to a Late Show taping yesterday... http://twitpic.com/1hcdos - none other than Chris Moyles. He talked about it on the Radio 1 show this morning as he's broadcasting from there, because he's stuck without flights. I'll try and get an audio clip up on my website later tonight - lots of publicity for the Late Show in the UK which is always a good thing, and look at the comments on that Twitpic page. :)
  • Options
    stevehotspurstevehotspur Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guests:
    Mon 26/4:Phil McGraw; Jon Gruden; "American Idol" castoff Tim Urban. Also: David Sanborn performs.
    Tues 27/4:Courtney Love; Michael Caine. Also: Hole perform.
    Wed 28/4:Robert Downey Jr. Also: OK Go perform.
    Thurs 29/4:Gwyneth Paltrow. Also: a performance from the Broadway musical "American Idiot."
    Fri 30/4:Mike Birbiglia. Also: The Hold Steady perform.

Mon 3/5:Mickey Rourke; Jim Parsons. Also: the latest contestant voted off "American Idol."
    Tues 4/5:Russell Crowe.
    Wed 5/5:Jack Hanna. Also: Willie Nelson performs.

And there you have it..........Exclusive line up of the Big Show for the next week or so..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Caine - is that the first time he's been on the Late Show (in recent memory)? He's always on the Late Late Show though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Beckham now booked to appear on the Friday 30th show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS

Mo 4/26: Dr. Phil McGraw, Jon Gruden, David Sanborn, "American Idol" castoff Tim Urban
    Tu 4/27: Courtney Love, Michael Caine, Hole
    We 4/28: Robert Downey Jr., OK Go
    Th 4/29: Gwyneth Paltrow, the Broadway cast of "American Idiot"
    Fr 4/30: David Beckham, Mike Birbiglia, the Hold Steady

Mo 5/3: Mickey Rourke, Jim Parsons, the latest "American Idol" castoff
    Tu 5/4: Russell Crowe
    We 5/5: Jack Hanna, Willie Nelson

PLUS.............................

LIVE WITH REGIS AND KELLY, syndicated

Fr 4/30: David Letterman, Michael Strahan, the Broadway cast of "Come Fly Away"
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening yet again ... there's an edition of the Late Show missing from last week.
    The one from Friday 23rd April isn't available at the usual places ... including a certain
    online source based in the Netherlands. It has got to be out there somewhere!

Or, are the cappers starting to become lazy again?

Repeated occurrences of missing shows in the past, were part of the reason a few of
    us managed to fall several weeks behind. I only managed to complete my catch-ups
    fairly recently, and I'm sure as hell determined not to start falling behind again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, in fairness, most are available very quickly.
    Last nights edition with Courtney Love and Michael Caine available now, and done in ten minutes.
    So its up almost immediately its off air, even pre West Coast sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When there are several cappers and several sources available for this type of TV show,
    there's really no excuse for them to not cap random episodes. I cannot go any further
    with my downloads until I've "acquired" the show from 23rd April. The more laxidazy
    cappers are starting to make me fall behind with the Late Show again!
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    When there are several cappers and several sources available for this type of TV show,
    there's really no excuse for them to not cap random episodes. I cannot go any further
    with my downloads until I've "acquired" the show from 23rd April. The more laxidazy
    cappers are starting to make me fall behind with the Late Show again!

1. Stop being so ungrateful. Capping and uploading a show does take people time and effort.
    2. Go on Filestube, search the episode name and main guest and you'll find it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    1. Stop being so ungrateful. Capping and uploading a show
    does take people time and effort.
    I am grateful for the episodes that do appear. I am well aware that a fair bit of time and
    effort is required to capture and upload these shows. If there was only ever one person
    taking that time and effort to do this, I wouldn't mind as much ... but there are several
    cappers of these shows, so there isn't really much excuse, if any, for all of them to
    miss capping a particular episode of a show. If, for whatever reason, one person
    is unable to cap it, surely one of the others could cap it.

"The Late Show with David Letterman", hasn't been on TV here in the UK for quite some
    time now, and likelihood of it returning to any free-to-air TV channels here is very low.
    elnombre wrote: »
    2. Go on Filestube, search the episode name and main guest and you'll find it.
    I've tried that, using the search term letterman 2010 04 kelsey grammer, and variations
    thereof, and got this message: No results containing all your search terms were found.
    Your query ... did not match any files. Check the spelling of your terms. You could
    also try using different or more general terms.

Unfortunately, it ain't on Filestube. I've even checked newsgroups, it ain't there either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6xahCllUU
    heres a lovely HD clip of the Kelsey Grammer interview.
    It will no doubt be on re-run in a week or two, forget it until then and just carry on as usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo 5/3: Mickey Rourke, Jim Parsons, the latest "American Idol" castoff
    Tu 5/4: Russell Crowe, Kerry Washington, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings
    We 5/5: Jack Hanna, Willie Nelson
    Th 5/6: Beth Ostrosky Stern, Court Yard Hounds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6xahCllUU
    heres a lovely HD clip of the Kelsey Grammer interview.
    It will no doubt be on re-run in a week or two, forget it until then and just carry on as usual.
    Although it might be shown again in the next batch of re-runs, but that isn't guaranteed, and the
    cappers don't generally cap the re-runs, usually only the new ones after their first transmissions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must try and track down the Regis Lee and Kelly Lee (!) show over the weekend!
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointingly one of the best sites to get the talk shows seems to have disappeared: l*tesh*ws.org

Anyone know what's happened to it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LondonKiwi wrote: »
    Disappointingly one of the best sites to get the talk
    shows seems to have disappeared: l*tesh*ws.org

Anyone know what's happened to it?
    AFAIK ... that site is now operating as l*tesh*ws.net instead.

I've also looked on there for that still very much elusive 23rd April edition ... it ain't on there either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dave interview on Regis & Kelly is on YouTube now;

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pRsacsjUZw&feature=related
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn_qI_PQOe8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ There's a part 3 as well, but not tracked it down yet :-(
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    AFAIK ... that site is now operating as l*tesh*ws.net instead.

I've also looked on there for that still very much elusive 23rd April edition ... it ain't on there either!

There's a web rip version of the 23 April episode in the Others section. Quality is fairly good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭