Options

why is five hd not showing csi in hd

pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We were delighted when channel five launched five hd. However, the csi trilogy is not in hd on five. The new series of csi started on five last night, still not in hd. If you go to living hd, it shows episodes from 2 years ago in hd, what's that about channel five? why go to the expense of having an hd channel and not showing the most popular shows in hd:(

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe they don't have the HD rights.
  • Options
    pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    maybe they don't have the HD rights.

Could well be, but as its a new series, therefore they knew it was coming on five, you would think that they would have gotten the rights, considering Living seems to have them.
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Living have exclusive HD rights?

I'm starting to regard Five HD as the most pointless HD channel so far, I still am having a hard time believing that they air pan and scan 4:3 films when widescreen not to mention HD versions have been available for years. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed by this last night too :mad: :(
  • Options
    Square Eyes 53Square Eyes 53 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed by this last night too :mad: :(

I was disapponted too, because Sky decided to download new software to my HD box half way through the episode. :mad: Thank goodness for FiveUSA.
  • Options
    mickbirch2000mickbirch2000 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes this is a big disappointment & difficult to understand as C5 had one of the best SD pictures & so thought it important before HD came along. The picture is superb on Living & I have to agree C5 HD is pointless unless they buy the rights to HD CSIs which is the major part of their flagship programming.
    :confused:
  • Options
    jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is a big disappointment & difficult to understand as C5 had one of the best SD pictures & so thought it important before HD came along. The picture is superb on Living & I have to agree C5 HD is pointless unless they buy the rights to HD CSIs which is the major part of their flagship programming.
    :confused:

Very odd. Anyone actually contacted them to ask why?
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »
    Very odd. Anyone actually contacted them to ask why?

probably not, it's easier for people to just moan about it on a forum than actually be pro-active and ask the channel in question.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    Although only recent repeats - Living are not showing Bones in HD at present.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on here emailed channel 5 once and they just said its an issue with the rights... thats it really :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    probably not, it's easier for people to just moan about it on a forum than actually be pro-active and ask the channel in question.

People have asked Five and the only response they can get is Five haven't got the rights. They refuse to go into details as to why they don't or can't get the rights when channels like Living, Sky 1 HD & BBC HD can get HD rights of US shows. The obvious reason is money is so tight at Five they choose the cheaper option. If Five want to keep viewers in the dark then we are quite in our rights to speculate.
  • Options
    GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    ozsat wrote: »
    Although only recent repeats - Living are not showing Bones in HD at present.

Although not shown in the EPG as hd...it was broadcast in HD
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn`t surprise me if five decided to scrap its HD channel since they don`t seem to have the money to buy the rights to shows in HD.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    Gibsy wrote: »
    Although not shown in the EPG as hd...it was broadcast in HD
    I noticed Cold Case was missing the HD flag last week in the EPG too.
  • Options
    Lump HeadLump Head Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing at all last night was in HD, not good at all :mad:
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    I noticed Cold Case was missing the HD flag last week in the EPG too.

So has the new series of Grey''s Anatomy but that WAS in SD on (Sky) Living despite it being in HD when owned by Virgin.

That is even harder to explain or justify as Virgin charged no HD sub and Sky do,