Options

Westlife v Tulisa

13»

Comments

• Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    And the looks on both Gary and Mel B faces when they were looking at each other whilst the 'ranting' was going on, said it all for me really....Tulisa is an attention seeking wannabeeee!! LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    ablahh wrote: »
    Regardless of whether or not you support her, don't you think it comes across as arrogant? "I just had a #1 two weeks ago" -- therefore her opinion means more? You don't see huge superstars touting success of their single to win an argument. Humility is not a bad thing.

No it wasnt arrogant. She was showing that she is relevant in todays music industry. It wasnt as if she was just saying look I have a number 1 single my opinion is what matters. What she was saying was that she has an idea of what is relevant in todays market and she felt very strongly about Lauren and so she should have as Lauren was good. Tulisa was clearly showing that Louis hasnt had any number 1 hit singles recently.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And westlife got handed fame
    I respect what Tulisa and her group did far more than westlife
    Who had no talent
    The thing is my tastes are neither ndubz or Tulisa pop stuff I'm more rock music than anything

But I respect what tulisa and her group did more than westlife for sure

My tastes are neither Tulisa nor Westlife either. :)

How, exactly, are you measuring talent? They can certainly sing her four times around the globe. :)

The 'songs' and 'songwriting' skills associated with both NDubz and Westlife are equally abysmal (though Westlife's clearly have more global record sales appeal).

You have been told - again and again - that Westlife started out as a group in school. What exactly was it that was 'handed' to them that was different to what was handed to record industry steeped Tulisa? You still haven't clarified that.
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Her second single was never about getting a number 1. Tulisa openly admitted that before its release. It is about showing her roots and what type of artist she is. Live It Up was never gonna appeal to as many people as Young did, but I personally think its amazing but I know a lotta people wud disagree

:D:D:D:D
    Of course it wasn't about getting a number one. It's about the art. :D

Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Define fame handed on a plate?

As i and another poster have just pointed out, the origins of Westlife date back well before Louis Walsh ever got involved. They worked to get their own fan base locally. When Louis and Simon Cowell got involved they still had to work hard. They didn't have reality shows to boost their career, they didn't rely on their bodies or sexual exploits to further their career. A lot of radio stations wouldn't play their songs so if anything the fact they did so well is down to their own hard work. . Yes they sang ballads but it worked for them. They were about the vocals. They weren't dancers and didn't pretend to be. I don't think you can have a career over 14 years just handed to you.

I don't think itsashrubery is interested, to be honest.
    E05297535 wrote: »
    ......Such sound words written here, and yet folks forget that when fame is handed to you on a plate the chances of getting a number 1 is high!! Hence Tulisa sounding off tonite!!

.....Plus the fact she was having her rant at Louis and not Simon Cowell etc. who handed her that 'fame' ITFP!!

Irony overload, eh?
    ablahh wrote: »
    She went down about 10 points on my likability scale after that.
    On an on she went, "mine was about two weeks ago" --- enjoy that success, not sure you'll have much more now. Who's going to want to support her now? Just so she can say she had more than one #1?

YOUNG is a good dance/pop song, not much to do with Tulisa.

And mine. Such embarrassingly cringeworthy cockiness.
    No it wasnt arrogant. She was showing that she is relevant in todays music industry. It wasnt as if she was just saying look I have a number 1 single my opinion is what matters. What she was saying was that she has an idea of what is relevant in todays market and she felt very strongly about Lauren and so she should have as Lauren was good. Tulisa was clearly showing that Louis hasnt had any number 1 hit singles recently.

To millions of music lovers around the world Westlife and Ndubz don't figure at all on the scale of 'relevance'. What does that even mean? Dead singers and songwriters are as relevant today as they were 50 years ago to people who love music.

She also agreed that Lauren shouldn't sing with her eyes closed. Raw emotion in song would frighten someone like Tulisa witless. :)
  • Options
    clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that was kelly. Shed be slaightered on here.

Too right she would've. Miss Tulisa can do no wrong on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she had a very valid point. She is relevant in todays market. Westlife have not done anything recently. I mean when was their last number 1. At least Tulisa got a number 1 recently.

Westlife havent done anything recently because they have just split up. Their last number 1 was 2 months ago just before they split up. Yeah she may have got a no1 but the song is rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was absolutely obnoxious tonight.

I know she was, who does she think she is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huh now? That Tulisa band are less manufactured than Westlife? :D I don't think so. Both acts are awful, manufactured pop tripe. But Westlife HAVE had longevity. I never heard of Tulisa until last year.

And do you, for some reason, think they're from privileged backgrounds?

At least they can sing. From what I've seen, Tulisa shouts, talks and pouts her way through songs.

She'll be next year's chip paper. She has some cheek telling anyone that their vocals aren't strong enough.

It's hilarous. :D

Couldnt have put that better myself
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate them both but westlife - dire as they are - shoite all over tulisa and her one no.1. they're better singers too.
    the point that louis was making was that he's been in the business for a long time and been behind some very successful acts. tulisa's been around 5mins and probably has another 5-10 left, if that. like someone else said, her second single isn't exactly setting the world alight.

and regarding the whole "worked her way up from nothing" thing - her fathers side of the family were quite well off and her uncle (his brother, dappy's father) had a state of the art home studio which she had free and easy access to from a young age. the whole "urban" image surrounding tulisa is waaaayyyyy over exaggerated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    and regarding the whole "worked her way up from nothing" thing - her fathers side of the family were quite well off and her uncle (his brother, dappy's father) had a state of the art home studio which she had free and easy access to from a young age. the whole "urban" image surrounding tulisa is waaaayyyyy over exaggerated.

Shhh don't ruin it for them:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    If Tulisa hadn't had her X Factor role to give her some publicity, she probably wouldn't have even got to make a solo single, and if she had it would have bombed as her voice is average at best.

She came across as a bit of a fool last night, imo.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows like the X factor can give people instant fame (people know who you are) but that doesn't give you a career. People like Jedward worked hard for their career.

Westlife were together as a band before Louis entered their lives, I think some people have their origin story confused with Boyzone.

Would Tulisa's last single made number one without that X factor performance and publicity?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Westlife fan. I have looked at a couple of Tulisa's songs but wasn't that impressed with her or i would support them both.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While we're talking about Tulisa, has anyone noticed this year that every time a girl sings who isn't that good, Tulisa gives a dirty look at the end, like she's pissed off or something, almost like:
    "you think you can sing? bitch, you can't sing... I can, though.... just had #1 two weeks ago!!" :)