Daybreak

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Maybe Lorraine could have presented with Kate?

I don't think this will ever happen now that the 'lovely' Lorraine has effectively humiliated her on twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Daybreaks share seems to be higher on Fridays and when Lorraine isnt presenting... Does that not say something?
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak - anagrams 'Re bad yak' / 'E drab yak'

Lorraine Kelly - anagram 'Real Lonely Irk'
    :rolleyes:

You should only point out anagrams when they're funny, ironic or pithy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Great to see helen back on duty this week, shame she's not on more often, maybe on a rota system like gmtv did with the main presenters
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Laura preggers? Sure I saw a bit of a bump this morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Daybreak - anagrams 'Re Bad Yak' / E 'Drab Yak'
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    Daybreaks share seems to be higher on Fridays and when Lorraine isnt presenting... Does that not say something?

Where did you get this info from, please?
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched Daybreak since the new deadly duo started. I still with the BBC. I have a soft spot for Bill Turnbull.
    Forum Member
    Daybreak - anagrams 'Re bad yak' / 'E drab yak'
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I haven't watched Daybreak since the new deadly duo started. I still with the BBC. I have a soft spot for Bill Turnbull.

Nor me when I can avoid it.

Ironically, Bill is taking over Aled's job as main presenter on BBC's Songs of Praise
    Forum Member
    Daybreak - anagram 'Re Bad Yak'
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Is this still going, its finished. With ITV's new brand, I don't think its going to be a good 2013 for them, its all going to turn into mush.

That must be concerning for Aled Jones, whose diary has been largely cleared to make space for his debut as a daily ITV co-presenter.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isnt it traditional for the weather girls to get pregnant?

Congrats if she is though.
    Forum Member
    You are obviously an observant viewer, Westy.

What are your impressions of Aled Jones' debut co-presenting role?
    Westy2 wrote: »

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

The weather lady on BBC Breakfast this morning was certainly with child - when she turned most of southern England disappeared:eek:
    Forum Member

Regarding Aled Jones's participation, this thread is best read in conjunctuion with:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62740308&posted=1#post62740308

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    are you on drugs?

Made me lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Daybreak about due for another re-launch ? They seem to happen every few weeks.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the show since Lorraine started presenting, but this morning there was a boring segment on BBC about selling scrap metal so i turned to ITV. It was an advert. I flipped back to BBC. When the metal segment came about again, i flipped to ITV again ... and guess what ... it was an advert.

I suddenly remembered why I hate ITV at breakfast (besides employing Lorraine). I cant stick all the adverts every 30 seconds !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I haven't watched the show since Lorraine started presenting, but this morning there was a boring segment on BBC about selling scrap metal so i turned to ITV. It was an advert. I flipped back to BBC. When the metal segment came about again, i flipped to ITV again ... and guess what ... it was an advert.

I suddenly remembered why I hate ITV at breakfast (besides employing Lorraine). I cant stick all the adverts every 30 seconds !

If you watch between 6-7 am there is very little advertising on Daybreak apart from plugs for ITV programmes.
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lucky fecker whoever he is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but Kate and Aled seem much more natural with each other; they look like they have a genuine kinship, whereas with Lorraine - even though I'm sure they are both good friends - it just doesn't ring true.

Ranvir Singh in my opinion is truly awful; she can barely utter a single sentence without tripping over her words; she is overconfident and talks too fast. I just think Lorraine has had her day on breakfast telly, personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tmj83 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but Kate and Aled seem much more natural with each other; they look like they have a genuine kinship, whereas with Lorraine - even though I'm sure they are both good friends - it just doesn't ring true.

Ranvir Singh in my opinion is truly awful; she can barely utter a single sentence without tripping over her words; she is overconfident and talks too fast. I just think Lorraine has had her day on breakfast telly, personally.

Everybody seems more relaxed when Lorraine isn't on!
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Isn't Daybreak about due for another re-launch ? They seem to happen every few weeks.

We certainly think so, Ftv ...Aled Jones likewise (back on the BBC's religious programmes hopefully) See:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...1#post62740308

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Emma Jesson is doing the weather on Daybreak next week.
    Forum Member
    If you watch between 6-7 am there is very little advertising on Daybreak apart from plugs for ITV programmes.

Yes, Ftv the small number who view, (compared to those who watch BBC's early morning TV programme), is even smaller the earlier in the morning you get. There must be an especially large amounty of money being lost by those who sneak ads in then.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Apparently Emma Jesson is doing the weather on Daybreak next week.

Sorry, got that wrong. It's a production crew member from ITV Central who is called Emma who is off the Daybreak in the New Year.
    Forum Member

Or to be sunk, Ftv

It certainly 'doesn't float my boat' despite Aled's arrival on board as first mate.!