One night stands, do you remember their names...

GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
Forum Member
✭✭
Well it's nearly Friday and another thread got me thinking...

If you've ever had a one night stand do you still remember their name?

I have to admit there were a couple where I didn't remember their name the next morning let alone years later :blush: And I don't remember any of them now...

God that makes it sound like hundreds, but it really wasn't!!
Indeed my life is actually a catalogue of knock-backs
:D

Comments

• crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can honestly say i've never had one :D.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can honestly say i've never had one :D.

'Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne'

Liar! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Don't remember their names or their faces. I could sleep with them again and not even recall the last time, that's how bad my memory is these days. I had about 10 or so one night stands when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. It was fun at the time but the thought of sleeping with a stranger now fills me with dread and revulsion. I'd rather have a cup of tea to coin a Boy George phrase!
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    'Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne'

Liar! :D

I'm mortally offended! :o.

Been with my partner since i was 15, not many opportunities to sleep with a stranger come around at that age :p.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    as far as i can remember.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I can just about remember the ones in the UK, not a clue about some on holidays.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Often was too drunk.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is only one whose name I never even got, so couldn't remember it if I tried. But I am pretty good with names so remember the others. Not that there have been that many. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have been hard pushed to tell their names at the time ..let alone now. I doubt " That lad ginger lad" counts. I was disgrace when I was a student.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The beautiful Italian man with the the guitar, in Pisa, 1992"
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I remember all of mine:

Father O'Flaherty, Father Byrne, Father O'Leary, Father Brady, Father Callaghan and Father Murphy.

None of them ever called me afterwards. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Don't remember their names or their faces. I could sleep with them again and not even recall the last time, that's how bad my memory is these days. I had about 10 or so one night stands when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. It was fun at the time but the thought of sleeping with a stranger now fills me with dread and revulsion. I'd rather have a cup of tea to coin a Boy George phrase!

Me too! I'd rather be celibate for the rest of my life than sleep with a stranger now.

To answer the question, yes I do.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to know your name, all I want is bang bang bang.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I don't want to know your name, all I want is bang bang bang.

earworm seed. i`ll have to play it.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't remember their faces, never mind their names!
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant stand that instant urge to get away from them once the mission is completed...and worse when are more desperate to get away from you
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Genuine one night stands?

Yes.

Angela and Amy. I sort of regret it in a "I should have had more respect" kind of way.

Karen - it was mutual lust, wasn't it?

June - I wanted it to be so much more, you broke my heart and I still think of you over thirty years later.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    It was fun at the time but the thought of sleeping with a stranger now fills me with dread and revulsion.
    I can't imagine why...

I wouldn't do it now (he quickly adds) because I'm happily married, but revulsion?
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    I wanted it to be so much more, you broke my heart and I still think of you over thirty years later.
    There's always one... There are couple whose appearance I can still clearly remember half a lifetime later, but their names no.

I guess in a way there was a fondness toward all of them at the time otherwise I wouldn't have slept with them in the first place. It's never been pure lust with me, I have to actually like them too if that makes sense...
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Can't remember their faces, never mind their names!

LOL same as that! :D

Dont want to either.one night stands are good at the time, but not the kind of thing I want to get all doey eyed about.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I've never had one, well I sort of had one as in I never saw him again after but he had chased me for months beforehand.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I've never had one, well I sort of had one as in I never saw him again after but he had chased me for months beforehand.

You must have been knackered... ;-)
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had quite a few one night stands back in my 20s. There's only one of them I can't remember the name of. Mind you, that one was embarrassing. Not because of him, he was nice enough, but my behaviour was shocking. **** **** ****.
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes...Ann, Lucy, Tracy, John, Alan, mark.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my excuse was it was the 1970s and we were all perpetually stoned. But anyhoo I do remember a friend a few years ago being quite shocked when it came up for discussion and I openly admitted I had lost count of how many one night stands Id had back then , I told her it was worse than losing count as she hadnt asked me which year Id lost count :D

Tbh Id have trouble now recalling their first names never mind their surnames....ah well its all good clean fun now im sitting here drinking my cocoa, knitting and doing jigsaws

ETA I did get a little fed up of men gasping in horror when they heard the final body count back when I could remember ....so when my current husband asked me the how many men question I just told him enough to know what Im doing baby so come here..that shut him up :D

Naaa best to tell potential boyfriends 4, a nice safe number its not like theyre going to get out their lie detector machines
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I tended to give mine nicknames - someone/thing they reminded me of or a particular defining characteristic.

I remember them as Zippy, Balsa Boy and Spurs fan 1 and 2 (not together, I hasten to add).