Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,155
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    I caught that on E4+1 I have no clue but I see its under Channel 4's "born risky" charade at the moment.

Just an attempt by Channel 4 to portray themselves as "edgy" and "out there", whilst their output is nothing of the sort.

The channel may have been "born risky", but they are now quite middle of the road.
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when i was growing up MTV had great stuff on great music and who could forget Most Wanted with Naughty Nympho Nina? ;)

Or Ray Coakes in Germany threatening neo Nazi skinheads live on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Graze.com. Rabbit food in a box by post. Whoever invented whistling, ukeleles, stop-motion animation and those that use them to accompany adverts should be gaffa taped and dropped into the mosh pit at a Rammstein gig.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    The advert on BBC1 lately for Nick Grimshaw's Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1! Dreadful!

Yeah that ad seems like a great reason not to listen to it if those are the "highlights".
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Phileas Fogg Crisps advert!

I'm seriously concerned about how much airtime this is getting. It's so cringeworthy and annoying. Thought it would have been offscreen by now, it's truly terrible and embarrassing to see.

"Did he just say the C word?"

Crisps isn't the only C word that springs to my mind when watching that annoyance of an advert!:mad:
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    The Phileas Fogg Crisps advert!

I'm seriously concerned about how much airtime this is getting. It's so cringeworthy and annoying. Thought it would have been offscreen by now, it's truly terrible and embarrassing to see.

"Did he just say the C word?"

Crisps isn't the only C word that springs to my mind when watching that annoyance of an advert!:mad:

Yes, it's truly awful :o
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    What's that holiday ad where the boy comes home from school, drops his bag on the floor, gets told to pick it up or there'll be no holiday, he shouts yippee and runs off leaving the bag where it is!! Just no discipline these days!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    What's that holiday ad where the boy comes home from school, drops his bag on the floor, gets told to pick it up or there'll be no holiday, he shouts yippee and runs off leaving the bag where it is!! Just no discipline these days!:D

I hate that ad because the boy is really disrespectful if i ever spoke that way to my mum i'd get a smack round the ear
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an attempt by Channel 4 to portray themselves as "edgy" and "out there", whilst their output is nothing of the sort.

The channel may have been "born risky", but they are now quite middle of the road.

I thought that and I agree with you on that .... Channel 4 ain't what it use to be sadly....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Ray Coakes in Germany threatening neo Nazi skinheads live on TV.

I loved that show its sad that MTV has turned to crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The KFC ad where the dad is asking the kids what they want to do but they are ignoring him & playing on their phones. But when the mum brings the KFC across & asks if they want to go to the cinema they answer. It's just so contrived. Plus I hate ads where it is acceptable for kids to be rude & ignorant. You's think they would be a bit more grateful that their parents are buying them yummy KFC then taking them to the cinema & bowling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The KFC ad where the dad is asking the kids what they want to do but they are ignoring him & playing on their phones. But when the mum brings the KFC across & asks if they want to go to the cinema they answer. It's just so contrived. Plus I hate ads where it is acceptable for kids to be rude & ignorant. You's think they would be a bit more grateful that their parents are buying them yummy KFC then taking them to the cinema & bowling.

Add in its not setting a good example to eat healthy and promote easing up on fat and sugar. No instead it says "be lazy and just stuff calories down your gob"
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the pretentious ones like 'Secret Escapes', 'Hotel Trivago' and 'Voyage Prive' with simpery, whispering or smug characters saying the website/ catchword name repeatedly. Just go away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that show its sad that MTV has turned to crap

Thats true .... but MTV now is scraping barrels - MTV must be proud of what they have become in less than a decade...
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Haribo sweet ad with the conservatively dressed adults sitting in a board room discussing the sweets in the most annoying children's voices ever. >:(
    I have bought Haribo sweets on a few occasions but NEVER AGAIN after seeing that incredibly irritating ad.
    Well done Haribo, you just lost one customer, hope a few more follow!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I was about to whinge about that commercial myself.

And I've seen that Jaffa Cakes ad with the Blockbusters music - what's that all about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

And I've seen that Jaffa Cakes ad with the Blockbusters music - what's that all about?

Seen the new Jaffa Cakes ad ... my thoughts exactly - what has Blockbusters got to do with Jaffa Cakes and whats with that puppet thing?? :o

The new Holiday Inn Express ad .... is that the theme to Charlie Brown dance with Snoopy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXnw2Aw-Vo (using the Brian Griffin from Family Guy version and it is!! :o )
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TSB have now joined their ex-spouse Lloyds in the "aren't we good caring people" smarm by going all Party Political Broadcast on us about keeping money in the local economy and strengthening local communities. It's beyond tedious and sounds like it's come straight out of a speech by a party leader.

The animation is awful and reminiscent of a 1970s USSR propaganda cartoon.

All in all, it's not great...
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooooooooh, okay, I didn't catch that. I did watch the opening ceremonies but sort of zoned out when they did their national anthem.:D

It's not a very good rendition, mind :D (say what you like about Russia but the anthem is spiffing!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

Its basically about the person going all a quiver about their products hence why you see them going all fuzzy over kittens only you find out its chocolate. The ad is a lot better than most shit thats on these day. Trust me i do that myself with chocolate ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cardboard Jane every day she eats the same.
    Which is ironic since Sunbites look like cardboard (also the packaging & name makes them look misleadingly healthy)
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    All the pretentious ones like 'Secret Escapes', 'Hotel Trivago' and 'Voyage Prive' with simpery, whispering or smug characters saying the website/ catchword name repeatedly. Just go away.

You should watch wrong turn 5. The woman from the secret escapes ad is the sheriff in that film and she gets it in a very gruesome way.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    >:(>:(>:(>:( Don't know what the company is called but there are women screaming at the top of their voices about shoes and getting the 2nd pair free >:(>:(>:( I hate it >:(
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I don't know what the hell it's advertising, but at the end, some inbred troll woman shouts "Derek, we're off to Benidorm"
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have bad news for Colin from the Warners ad who is married to that miserable woman who wants to stay at home.

She is leading a double life Colin. She has another husband called John and she goes off to Venice "with the girls" while he is away playing golf. On the other hand they both seem to have a lot of medical issues. Get wise Colin and watch the holiday insurance ad.
This discussion has been closed.