My Mad Fat Diary Series 2 Starts 17th February 10pm E4

MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldn't find a thread for this, so started this thread, cant wait for this loved the first series :D

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that's tonight! Had no idea it was back on :o

Thanks for the thread :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it! Will be watching with Danny Two-Hats himself :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait :D .Just watched the first series again loved it, oh and music is ace too ( you can get a playlist on spotify).
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how they're going to translate the second book to TV. Grim is hardly an adequate word for it.
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I don't know how they're going to translate the second book to TV. Grim is hardly an adequate word for it.

oh dear:( havent read the books what kind of things happen then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that scene made for uncomfortable viewing
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Wish i'd rewatched series 1 before tonight, i'm so glad this is back on our screens. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha this is even funnier than the 1st series. I love this show. Thank God it's back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I watched the first series. Did we find out what happened to Tix?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling it's bad news. Tix now seems to be who she addresses her inner monologue to, which doesn't bode well.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, I loved it! I have a feeling Rae will get with the guy in her group. I kept shouting at the TV screen: "Go on, Rae, get on Finn!!!! Or I will!!" Ha!

And Tix died :( I expected that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Aw, I loved it! I have a feeling Rae will get with the guy in her group. I kept shouting at the TV screen: "Go on, Rae, get on Finn!!!! Or I will!!" Ha!

And Tix died :( I expected that.

She better not >:( Sorry Rae & Finn fan here :D Expected it about Tix but still :cry:
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the series 2 premiere. It's sad about Tix :(
    Can't wait for the rest of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who dont want to wait episode two is on 4OD
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    MsJoaquin wrote: »
    For those who dont want to wait episode two is on 4OD

There only seems to be a clip for the 2nd episode? Was it announced after it finished?

Edit: My apologies, i found it :blush:
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In floods again :cry:
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they be brave enough to actually have the Rae and Finn relationship not work out? They sugar-coated the adaptation of the ending of the first book, so I'm just wondering. I think Rae may have to come to terms with the fact she likes Finn for his looks and doesn't feel comfortable in their coupling.
    I so hoped Tix wouldn't be killed off, though. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    YouView timecode screwed up - missed the last 5 minutes or so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing the first new episode I've now come to accept that the books and the series are entirely separate entities. I think it becomes apparent that it would be almost impossible to film events as they actually happened, although the TV series certainly would never have seen the light of day without the inspiration from Rae's diaries. I think you can enjoy both, but in a slightly different way.

It certainly isn't the kind of production you would normally expect to see on E4, because it's actually quite a brave production and even ground breaking.

Mind you, I can't agree with whoever decided to call it Stamford City College. At a stroke, that ruins much of the scene setting, especially if you've ever been to Stamford.

Yes - and YouView screwed up the recording.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Will they be brave enough to actually have the Rae and Finn relationship not work out? They sugar-coated the adaptation of the ending of the first book, so I'm just wondering. I think Rae may have to come to terms with the fact she likes Finn for his looks and doesn't feel comfortable in their coupling.
    I so hoped Tix wouldn't be killed off, though. :(

I dont think she just likes him for his looks, the first series showed they had a connection that was more than music
    They split up in episode 2, which I'm not surprised about TBH

I think they maybe even put Rae with the new guy for a bit, but I do think they will put them back together for the last episode. It is actually a thing that bothers me with a lot of shows, they struggle to write a couple together as a couple so they create drama splitting them up for the sake of the will they wont they get back together, although with Raes self loathing it does make sense here
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsJoaquin wrote: »
    I dont think she just likes him for his looks, the first series showed they had a connection that was more than music
    They split up in episode 2, which I'm not surprised about TBH

I think they maybe even put Rae with the new guy for a bit, but I do think they will put them back together for the last episode. It is actually a thing that bothers me with a lot of shows, they struggle to write a couple together as a couple so they create drama splitting them up for the sake of the will they wont they get back together, although with Raes self loathing it does make sense here

With episode one of the new series, it's been written in a way that Rae only sees as Finn as some kind of sex god. Either way, this series will probably see her mature more in her taste. Plus, Rae needs to find someone she is actually comfortable with. In reality, I know how hard a Finn/Rae pairing would be in a college enviroment. I remember at my college, a guy dumping a girl he really loved because of peer pressure based on their differences. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    With episode one of the new series, it's been written in a way that Rae only sees as Finn as some kind of sex god. Either way, this series will probably see her mature more in her taste. Plus, Rae needs to find someone she is actually comfortable with. In reality, I know how hard a Finn/Rae pairing would be in a college enviroment. I remember at my college, a guy dumping a girl he really loved because of peer pressure based on their differences. :(

I think that angle is actually going to be
    between Archie and Rae where he didnt stand up for her against the bullies in the 2nd episode

In regards to Rae and Finn to me it wasn't written that way in S1 (it was a lot more nuanced between them) so I will be very disappointed if that is the way they are going to write it in S2

I do think it also may depend on if this is the last series or if they get another one whether Rae & Finn will end up together in the end

Also that's horrible about the guy dumping the girl because of peer pressure :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to add in my first post there I meant to say that the first series showed more of a connection between them that was more than his looks and their music preference
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode xD though it's definitely not a program to watch in the lounge with your parents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I said it's a separate entity to the factual diaries it's based on, but people really need to read the books before coming out with too much wild speculation.