Options

THE MIRROR: Could Peter Capaldi's time as the Doctor last one series?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    God, it would be great if he regenerated into Paul Mcgann.....you know, because in the future he might like to" revisit some old familiar faces"!!!! that would be class.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the way the author of that article has to continually reference how its all rumours and may not be true....but what if it is?

In other words, there's nothing of substance to this. The journalist in question isn't even confident enough to say that, according to his unnamed source, it is definitely happening. Lord knows journos are willing to pull that line on far more important aspects of news, so if they still have to qualify every other sentence with "but its all just rumour and I might be completely wrong," then I think its fair to say they don't have much faith in their "sources."

Or in other words, "move along, nothing to see here."
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    The article's absolute rubbish.

I have a feeling though that like Tennant and Smith, Capaldi will do three full series and a few specials though.

It won't be an Eccleston situation I think.
  • Options
    Jolly JesterJolly Jester Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    More importantly, how come there is no War Doctor in the photo gallery?
    Thought he was a cannon Doctor
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Capaldi will remain until 2016. Reason - it will be the 50th Anniversary of the first regeneration from Hartnell to Troughton. Surely even the showrunner (whoever he or she is) wouldn't miss an opportunity like that to celebrate it.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same paper that confidently predicted Daniel Craig would only do one Bond film. Probably the same "impeccable" sources, too...
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    This is the same paper that confidently predicted Daniel Craig would only do one Bond film. Probably the same "impeccable" sources, too...

Think Craig's got two more to go hasn't he?
    Wasn't it a 3+2 contract?

It's a shame Michael Fassbender's probably going to be too busy to replace him now, the suggestion a couple of years back that Fassbender might be the Bond after Craig was a great one :)
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly! It's the Mirror. Their 'sources' for TV news are frequently internet forums (like this one) where they can pick up 'stories' for free without bothering to check them out at all. In the old days they'd do much the same thing by getting their information from an opinionated bloke down the pub, only now you don't even have to buy him a pint.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is also the same paper that predicted Matt Smith was leaving 7 months before it was announced by the BBC and people then didn`t believe that did they at the time delusional fans foaming at the mouth simply because they didn`t want to accept Matt was leaving as they do with every doctor.

From what I understand Capaldi has signed a one year contract last year only and Matt Smith signed a 3 year contract in 2009 remember Ecclestone also signed a one year contract in 2004 and he left after 1 year.

As much as I like Capaldi as the doctor from the beginning he was announced as the new doctor I had a funny feeling he would not last as long as Tennant and Smith I guessed 2 seasons.

It might not be true of course but these rumours have been going around since before Christmas just as they did with Matts departure so I wouldn`t rule it out completely.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    doop wrote: »
    It is also the same paper that predicted Matt Smith was leaving 7 months before it was announced by the BBC and people then didn`t believe that did they at the time delusional fans foaming at the mouth simply because they didn`t want to accept Matt was leaving as they do with every doctor.

From what I understand Capaldi has signed a one year contract last year only and Matt Smith signed a 3 year contract in 2009 remember Ecclestone also signed a one year contract in 2004 and he left after 1 year.

As much as I like Capaldi as the doctor from the beginning he was announced as the new doctor I had a funny feeling he would not last as long as Tennant and Smith I guessed 2 seasons.

It might not be true of course but these rumours have been going around since before Christmas just as they did with Matts departure so I wouldn`t rule it out completely.

Yeah, anyone can predict the departure of an actor and eventually, they'll be right. Did The Mirror also "predict" it 6 months or 12 months before the last "correct" prediction? When an actor playing the Doctor has been around for 3 years or so it's not rocket science speculate that they'll leave "soon" and dress it up as a "prediction" of their imminent departure.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subtle hints of the next incarnation being a woman there. If a brand new cycle of regenerations has been given then surely it would have been more feasible to begin the new cycle with a woman rather than a new set starting off with a man then turning into a woman. Radical speculation alert: What if Sam Anderson is a Doctor from the future and Capaldi regenerates into him at the end of the season? Sort of along the lines of the fourth Doctor being The Watcher?
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doop wrote: »

It was well-known that Matt had come to the end of his three-year contract. The Mirror didn't need any great insight to speculate that he might have been leaving in the absence of any new contract announcement from the BBC.