Can't stand kids - want to be child free!!!

Comments

• The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree.

I second that
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by your attitude, I think society will be relieved that you won't be passing on your genes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Hi Honey, I'm a mummy, however, I see exactly where your coming from.. because.. :rolleyes:

I hate, other people kids.. there I've said it.. out loud :eek:

I also respect your choice of not wanting kids, I never wanted any, but when meeting my hubby, it changed, I have two, but I spent all my childhoood, and earlier adult life, not wanting any..:o

your choice Honey, and you ceratinly not alone, also there are many many very eligable bachelors, out there, who would love you, and your choices, because many of them, also do not want kids. :D

also, if You ever consider a holiday, for yourself, with like minded people, get yourself, onto P&O cruises, and book with, mv Artemis (slightly older ship), or mv Arcadia (brand new luxury).. because they do not allow children on board, and it's not just golden oldies, it's full of young healthy fit people.. lol lol clubbing and having fun in the sun.. :cool:

best wishes honey..

Bonny

Thanks a lot Bonny!! xxxxxx
    :):):)

I just don't mind really - I've worked since I was 16 and have my own home and friends...I don't know if I want things to change, really.

Visitor..no, my mum never claimed - she worked from age of 14 to 71 - she just retired last weekend. She never wanted to, and instilled in us a real work ethic.

I carry it too far, and I would like to say sorry if I upset mums and dads tonight. All I meant to say is, I'm so happy I don't have kids...it just isn't for me!!

But for all parents out there who do their best - I admire you so much!!! You're doing a job each day I couldn't do and don''t want to do...I just love my pets!! :):)
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scream wrote: »
    ok ta, hope I didn't sound arsey as i didn't mean it that way i was just a bit confused lol

No not at all :) I didn't explain very well.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    Oh please get over yourself!

So you choose not to have kids, that's great, fantastic.

I had cats before I had kids and loved them so much, still do but its not the same. It's still love though.

I love my kids and being a parent becomes a profession as it's your chief responsibility.

I don't think people who choose not to have kids are sad, I think they are wise, as obviously they don't want them enough to be good parents anyway.

Live and let live both ways.
    Well said, Sofajudge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by your attitude, I think society will be relieved that you won't be passing on your genes.

Thank me then! ;):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Bambi_Boo wrote: »
    All I meant to say is, I'm so happy I don't have kids...it just isn't for me!!

Good for you, you do not need to announce it, though. I want children, and I want them so badly that it actually hurts sometimes, but I don't feel the need to tell the internet.
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I've contributed thousands already - £400 a month for the last 18 years.

I also give £100 a month to animal charities. I pay well over £500 in tax a month.

I think I'm ok as a citizen.

Did I say you weren't?

In fact, I have no issue with your decision not to have children. It's your decision to make.

But don't deride or berate those that choose to have children. Because like it or not, they are our future.

The next generation will look after us both practically and financially. It's the way the world works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    So someone come on here to complain that she is looked at disapprovingly by some parents who think they are better/more important for having kids.

And so a bunch of parents turn up to demand their right to prove the OP right.

Thats what I call service!:D

That's not it. I have friends that are CFBC and are not mean-spirited like the OP. Some parents can be smug, most aren't. Even when I didn't have kids, I didn't speak about them like they were scumbags or the root of evil.
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not at all :) I didn't explain very well.

No probs, I am rubbish at explaining things, makes sense to me, but usually not to anyone else! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »
    But don't deride or berate those that choose to have children. Because like it or not, they are our future.

I took it to mean she was tired of parent berating her for not having children and was referring to them not all parents. + a little 'tit for tat' posting. its true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refusion wrote: »
    Good for you, you do not need to announce it, though. I want children, and I want them so badly that it actually hurts sometimes, but I don't feel the need to tell the internet.

I truly hope you get what you want, and I mean that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not it. I have friends that are CFBC and are not mean-spirited like the OP. Some parents can be smug, most aren't. Even when I didn't have kids, I didn't speak about them like they were scumbags or the root of evil.

I think it is.
    And Poppy I wasn't calling people thick for having kids...hell, my mum had six and my four sisters all have children and I love them....what I mean is smug people who think having kids is the be-all-and-end-all...

Sorry...I should have made that clear.

I also want to say...I LOVE my pets more than I love anything. It's just how I feel!! I hate parents who think if you don't have kids you don't know how to love!! :rolleyes:

I cant say I don't partially agree. It doesn't bother me since people always think they are better than me for various reasons, you know:

More kids, better car, bigger cock....you know....;):D
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I see so many people who ignore their children and aren't in the slightest bit interested in them. It's depressing really. Why aren't these people interested in showing their kids the world and all the interesting things in it. I think kids can be alot of fun but I don't really want any myself, I'm not so fond of babies to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I say you weren't?

In fact, I have no issue with your decision not to have children. It's your decision to make.

The next generation will look after us both practically and financially. It's the way the world works.

NO - my problem is with the people I meet each day who don't talk to me coz I don't have kids!!! :confused:

I love my life without children...I absolutely detest the buggers (i'm talking personally here folks not generally...) but I resent that I have to cover work coz of neurotic parents freaking over their kid's sniffle, and sympathetic looks like I can't have kids!! :rolleyes:

I admire totally people who have kids....but the fact is one look at them puts me off!! The mothers look hideous and the dads look bored....no thank you!
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I took it to mean she was tired of parent berating her for not having children and was referring to them not all parents. + a little 'tit for tat' posting. its true.

In that case, she titted before she was tatted.

For my part, I've never judged people one way or the other.

My only point is that we do and will rely on the next generation(s). An ever-aging population is hardly going to prosper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a debate!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I truly hope you get what you want, and I mean that.

Thank you. :)

I'm only 23 [and single] at the moment, but it's something that I can't help thinking about. I even have names picked and everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    NO - my problem is with the people I meet each day who don't talk to me coz I don't have kids!!! :confused:

I love my life without children...I absolutely detest the buggers (i'm talking personally here folks not generally...) but I resent that I have to cover work coz of neurotic parents freaking over their kid's sniffle, and sympathetic looks like I can't have kids!! :rolleyes:

I admire totally people who have kids....but the fact is one look at them puts me off!! The mothers look hideous and the dads look bored....no thank you!

You are making me laugh with your generalisations. Umm yep, Heidi Klum et al, look hideous, how could I disagree. Honestly Bambi you don't have to justify your decision by slagging off everyone who doesn't share it.

I applaud people who stick with their own mind and don't get pushed into doing something that's not for them.

I will add that as a parent it is our duty of care to ensure a sniffle is nothing more serious and the most neurotic people I know tend to be animal lovers. In a good way of course. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that case, she titted before she was tatted.

Contextually yes. Took a few moments to work out what you meant though lol!
    My only point is that we do and will rely on the next generation(s). An ever-aging population is hardly going to prosper.

Thats true. But were also over populated so staying childless is also fine (I know you agree btw, just countering your point).
    Forum Member
    It's a debate!! :rolleyes:

Oh, is it? I thought it was just another vitriolic rant by yet another CFer who thinks that the world is out to get them because they don't have or want children. My mistake.
    Forum Member
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    You are making me laugh with your generalisations. Umm yep, Heidi Klum et al, look hideous, how could I disagree.

Oh yes, Claudia Schiffer, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie, Katie Holmes, etc ALL MOOSES I TELL YOU.
  • 5340robert5340robert Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`d rather adopt anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, is it? I thought it was just another vitriolic rant by yet another CFer who thinks that the world is out to get them because they don't have or want children. My mistake.

Why yes. Because childless people people come here every day to complain. Personally I think there should be a sub forum.
  • batcountrybatcountry Posts: 340
    Forum Member

Funnily enough I'm the only person in my work with a school age child, and the only one who hasnt had a day off due to illness in years. Thats another generalisation you made.