Options

Help required with new kitten name.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
Forum Member
Okipoki, we are a day or so away from picking up our new baby.

He is mainly white with deep golden eyes and bits of tabby colouring. He is as mad as a box of frogs and just as lively.

Bear in mind we might have to stand at the front door and call him in, so, some suggestions please. We already have a Ceefer, and Oscar is out of the question, of course.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Frogger
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is mainly white with deep golden eyes and bits of tabby colouring. He is as mad as a box of frogs and just as lively.

Bear in mind we might have to stand at the front door and call him in, so, some suggestions please. We already have a Ceefer, and Oscar is out of the question, of course.

Tabby?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member

I noticed that your posting history is very short, were you on her before under the name Oscarsmum? Sorry if this is too nosey. Just got me wondering what with the name Oscar being out of the question.:o

As for names:
    Freddie/y
    Bob (my dad suggested this as a joke knowing I wouldn't want to name my cat this:D when we went to pick up our kitten..though we got a female instead of a male, so we called her Winnie:))

I hope everything works out for you and your new arrival. I'm excited and I don't even know you personally.:D:o
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Boris.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Thanks so far peeps.

As to my history here, I used to just read the forums along with my hubby, Lininjim. I don't think I was Oscarsmum, but stranger things have happened, my memory is fading with age, you know how it goes. Oscar is out of the question because that's the one who has just died on us.

I went through a phase of calling my cats Poo, until I got a torty and mum said, "you can't call this one Poo" so I said, "okay, I'll call her *bleeping* Fluffy"

I like the name Poo, I wonder if I could get away with that one, it's my turn to name a cat, as hubby named Ceefer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heffer?
    or
    pussay
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Owen.

The O is a nod to Oscar and it's not to embarrassing to shout. Plus short so the kittie will remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fluffy balls has always tickled me

really though iggle, iggle cume here, "iggle put that moose doon" sound ok for a cat
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Owen.

The O is a nod to Oscar and it's not to embarrassing to shout. Plus short so the kittie will remember. .
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theodor
    Fletcher
    Salem
    Duncan

I like unusal pet names. We had a dog called Tinsel and my friend calls her rabbit Merlin:D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed there is another thread on here which might help..
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1028236

You never know....
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooking fat
    cabbage
    spanner
  • Options
    lettucelettuce Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    i like 'noodles'
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettuce wrote: »
    i like 'noodles'

Thats a good one!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still like fluffy balls
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    if hes mad you could call him zebedee, :D out of magic roundabout as i vagely remember he was mad as a hat :D
  • Options
    chaoticspiritchaoticspirit Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    We welcomed 2 scottish fold kittens to the family a month ago, a pure black boy and a tortie/tabby girl. Naming them was a bit of a mission but we eventually decided on Finn and Dexter.
    Finn is more commonly used as a boys name but apparently can be either, and there was a girl Finn in Home and Away so that settled it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    We welcomed 2 scottish fold kittens to the family a month ago, a pure black boy and a tortie/tabby girl. Naming them was a bit of a mission but we eventually decided on Finn and Dexter.
    Finn is more commonly used as a boys name but apparently can be either, and there was a girl Finn in Home and Away so that settled it. :)

am I right in saying that these types are really fluffy?:D
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasper
    Oscar

After my two.:D
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Nico?

Origin: Greek

Meaning: Victory of the people/Victorious one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the name Kado. Its a tiger from longleat safari park
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luther
    Otto
    Bob
    Quince
    Scud
    Virgil
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    My boy is called Samson (because I already had a Delilah) and he answers to both Samson as well as Sammy :)
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember sitting in a vets waiting room and the vet coming out and shouting the next patient.....................SHABBA.:D
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Well if he has 'golden eyes' it can be either Pierce or Brosnan :D