Should Lemar be releasing a greatest hits?

propermintpropermint Posts: 91
Forum Member
I know he has been around since 2002 but has he really had enough "hits" to justify him releasing a best of album?

Comments

• musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    He hasn't really but in a way I am glad. I like the majority of his singles due to never really finding his albums great at all.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really followed his career, but he's had quite a lot of singles and albums out, even if they weren't hits, so I guess he must have a fanbase. I remember Samantha Mumba released what was basically a greatest hits album, even though she'd only ever released one studio album prior to that.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I like him so I hope it does well. He's had 3 platinum selling albums but his last one didn't sell to good. I'm curious to know how this will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    It might not be his decision though, probably more like his managements decision. I don't really follow his career, but I believe he's had 3 studio albums (?). Usually with 4 songs released from each..enough for a greatest hits, I'd imagine..possibly with a few extra new tracks.
  • propermintpropermint Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    i thought the purpose of a greatest hits was for the artist to have their best hits out of all the ones they have released put together, rather than all the singles they have released with a few extra tracks, as he has not really released that many compared to other acts with greatest hits albums out, shouldnt it be labeled as a singles collection as the sugababes did, rather than a greatest hits album.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the tracklist from the album:

Dance With You
    50/50
    Another Day
    Lullaby
    If There's Any Justice
    Time To Grow
    Its Not That Easy
    Someone Should Tell You
    If She Knew
    Weight Of The World
    What About Love (Featuring Jls)
    All I Ever Do (My Boo)
    The Way Love Goes
    You Don't Love Me
    Counting The Days
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    Here is the tracklist from the album:

Dance With You
    50/50
    Another Day
    Lullaby
    If There's Any Justice
    Time To Grow
    Its Not That Easy
    Someone Should Tell You
    If She Knew
    Weight Of The World
    What About Love (Featuring Jls)
    All I Ever Do (My Boo)
    The Way Love Goes
    You Don't Love Me
    Counting The Days

I don't ever remember him releasing this. I have his first album, and that's just an album track.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It'll just be his management forcing this... probably.

He hasn't been around long enough to have a greatest hits... it's essentially a singles collection, but greatest hits are not uncommon any more. Didn't Girls Aloud have one?

It's all about the short term success now.

It'll flop, anyway. He is yesterday's news.
    Forum Member
    It'll just be his management forcing this... probably.

He hasn't been around long enough to have a greatest hits... it's essentially a singles collection, but greatest hits are not uncommon any more. Didn't Girls Aloud have one?

It's all about the short term success now.

It'll flop, anyway. He is yesterday's news.

I think they released one before 'out of control'.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I like him so I hope it does well. He's had 3 platinum selling albums but his last one didn't sell to good. I'm curious to know how this will do.

Actually he has only had one. His first two only went Gold.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    I only recognise a few of those titles. I think his time is limited as a recording artist. This is a cash in.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    I think its a stupid decision, his latest single is getting a decent amount of airplay (compared to his last few releases) so the best thing to do would have been to back that up with an album of new material IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should re-title it, if it's meant to be greatest hits, it will be empty :D
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Actually he has only had one. His first two only went Gold.

Sure I've heard multiple times that they went platinum.
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooooooo, he needs to put out some new stuff first! Poor Lemar, stupid record label!

I remember watching Fame Academy and he blew me away, he's never really lived up to what I expected though. However I did download an acoustic EP of him from Itunes and that was really good, I'd like to hear him do more acoustic guitar driven stuff myself.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the label trying to make money back on the last album as it bombed. If this flops then Lemar will probably be dropped. It would be a shame as he is such a fantastic talent.
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lemar is a strange 1, he has a good voice but has never really had strong material.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the obligatory greatest hits, the last release of a 5 album deal. I have a feeling that his contract won't be renewed by Sony.