Options

Over the Edge - One Direction death threats?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
Forum Member
I feel called to post about Justin Bieber - some sleb was allegedly snapped mid-snog with the lad and now has death threats.

Do One Direction, with their Bieber-esque images now risk the lives of their partners?

Surely somebody with an ounce of sense involved in the careers of these ephemeral boy-acts needs to get their protoges to denounce such fanaticism? It's hard enough to discourage religious fanatics from harming innocent people, without boy-band fanatics adding to the terror threat.

artists should not need to fear for the lives of their partners - it is bad enough that celebicide makes the killer famous, but extending that to others is terrible IMO.

perhaps such things are a result of the impact of hype and hysteria on fragile minds - just the kind of madness that XF seems to revel in.

If this kind of madness attaches itself to 1D, perhaps Simon may finally have some regrets at his hype.

Comments

• Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has already happened when Zain from 1D announced that he was dating Geneva from Belle Amie... She got a lot of vitriolic comments over twitter.
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I love that all these obese little goblins hammer their cheeto-dusted sausage fingers into their keyboards to direct bile at their favourite Idol's partner. Like, yeah... the fact your idol is no longer single is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of your love... uh-hu...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    It has already happened when Zain from 1D announced that he was dating Geneva from Belle Amie... She got a lot of vitriolic comments over twitter.

Everybody seems to love Louis' girlfriend Hannah, maybe because they've been together since before the X Factor started. I fear for any future girlfriend of Harry Styles :p
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoopy16 wrote: »
    Everybody seems to love Louis' girlfriend Hannah, maybe because they've been together since before the X Factor started. I fear for any future girlfriend of Harry Styles :p

OH MY GOD, girls will be sharpening their pitch forks. :D
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its absoloutely vile how teens handle their favourite pop star having a girlfriend. Sending death threats is just wrong, what have the poor woman done to deserve that?
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of when Take That had to pretend they slept with their fans cuddly toys...yeah...ok....
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Reminds me of when Take That had to pretend they slept with their fans cuddly toys...yeah...ok....
    :rolleyes:

Now that's just sick:p
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must be very difficult to live with. I imagine that the vast majority of people to do this sort of thing pose no real threat. However it takes just one to take things a bit further and you could have a tradgedy or else a serious curtailment of freedom
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Now that's just sick:p

Rather than their fans...which we now know to be a fib...;)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,117
    Forum Member
    'Could Justin Bieber Fans Face Jail for Selena Gomez Death Threats?'
    http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/ask_the_answer_bitch/b218860_could_justin_bieber_fans_face_jail.html?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories

These people do need to be at least scared sh*tless so that they don't think they can get away with it.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think this is a new thing! I remember Jane Asher getting death threats when she was dating Paul McCartney.

Thankfully this is just a small minority of warped minded individuals. Most fan girls (altho scarey) wouldn't go as far as to issue death threats.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The teeny bopper army are downright disturbed.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I’m sure the majority of these threats come from stupid little girls who are not really thinking about what they are writing/saying and would never follow through, if they were being made against me I wouldn’t take it so lightly. And of course it just takes one nutter to cause a tragedy.

What shocked me with the attacks on the Belle Amie lass was that some of the girls threatening her were so stupid or maybe cocky that they were posting them using their real names and could easily be traced.

I think at some point we’ve probably all had a bit of a “NOOOOOOOOOOO” reaction to the news that our favourite actor/singer/idol had a girlfriend – even yesterday I sulked for at least 10 seconds at the news that David Tennant has got engaged! – but even back in my days of teenage fandom I never wished or threatened harm on the evil models stealing away my beloved. It’s a reminder though that the word fan comes from fanatic and knowing how vicious teenage girls can be, makes me glad that I’m not a gorgeous, skinny model girlfriend of a teenage pop star.

PS: David Tennant is only marrying the gorgeous, skinny, talented blonde because he hasn’t met me.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I’m sure the majority of these threats come from stupid little girls who are not really thinking about what they are writing/saying and would never follow through, if they were being made against me I wouldn’t take it so lightly. And of course it just takes one nutter to cause a tragedy.

What shocked me with the attacks on the Belle Amie lass was that some of the girls threatening her were so stupid or maybe cocky that they were posting them using their real names and could easily be traced.

I think at some point we’ve probably all had a bit of a “NOOOOOOOOOOO” reaction to the news that our favourite actor/singer/idol had a girlfriend – even yesterday I sulked for at least 10 seconds at the news that David Tennant has got engaged! – but even back in my days of teenage fandom I never wished or threatened harm on the evil models stealing away my beloved. It’s a reminder though that the word fan comes from fanatic and knowing how vicious teenage girls can be, makes me glad that I’m not a gorgeous, skinny model girlfriend of a teenage pop star.

PS: David Tennant is only marrying the gorgeous, skinny, talented blonde because he hasn’t met me.

ooooo I missed this dam am too late!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    Its absoloutely vile how teens handle their favourite pop star having a girlfriend. Sending death threats is just wrong, what have the poor woman done to deserve that?

I find it really strange, as I was never like that when young and neither was ANYONE I knew, and I grew up on a roughish estate...I really wonder about the psychology of the kids who do this, or if it's a generation thing? Then again, my gen had movements like the Brosettes in the 1980s, and they were like a law unto themselves. Though I don't know if even they went down the death threats route.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I just rather don't want to know about the lovelife of boybandmembers/ attractive male singers.
    It makes it easier to daydream ME in the picture. So knowing about a girlfriend/ boyfriend just spoils the picture in my head...

But verbally assaulting the girlfriend, that's just... weird. One must keep in mind the difference between daydreaming and IRL. I wonder why that distinction is getting so mixed up in some people's mind.