Gary Glitter Going on Tour

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is absolutely no way that Glitter is going on tour. No management would risk the backlash by backing him and even if he were to fund it himself, no venue would be prepared to compromise or pay the extra security.

Indeed. It would be a logistical nightmare to organise. Also would he even attract sufficient numbers? Isn't he passed it?

If this plan is real - and so far there has been no denial - it proves the arrogance of the guy that if he just waits long enough he can go ahead with his life as if nothing had happened.
  • CrazybbfanCrazybbfan Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I am so gullible, I believed this for a moment lol
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let the music do the talking? His music was crap!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBKid wrote: »
    Townsend isn't a convicted child rapist.

David Norris and Gary Dobson were acquitted at their first trial back in the nineties, but now are convicted racist murderers. Not everyone who's acquitted is innocent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HBKid wrote: »
    Townsend isn't a convicted child rapist.

I know it was ... 'research' I believe, for a 'book' he was 'writing', which of course is still to appear.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to be joking. I saw him twice, this was well before anyone knew he was a sex offender. We saw him in the Christmas Gang shows 1989 and 1990 or 91. They were actually a good laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcQu9yeFHC0

He looks so creepy though now. Imagine when he was on Top of the Pops all those years ago singing Do You Want To Touch Me, he must have been a kinky b*****d all the time and nobody suspected,