Demi Moore's daughters

fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know this is a DM link, but seen the news elsewhere. Can't remember where!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174525/Demi-Moores-daughters-consider-restraining-order-mother-contacts-incessantly.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Apparently, her daughters are considering a restraining order against their mother. It's sad to see Demi spiralling further downhill since her marriage split.

Comments

• MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know if it was just one of the daughters then it would be easier to think what an awful way for anyone's daughter to behave but the fact it's all three - well that tells me something about Demi and her neediness.
    I'm not unsympathetic to what has happened to Demi but IMO its been long enough now
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely at a time when their mother is at her lowest these girls should be helping her not kicking her when she is down..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What selfish lil B*&CHES

Sorry your mother needs you she gave you life and pretty damn good upbringing and you can't amuse her or help her out. Sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve .. You took the words right out of my mouth... Wow she has been phoning them for support.. How selfish of her to expect her kids to support her when she needs them...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her. A broken heart is awful, not everybody is able to move on easily. She might be needy but that doesn't make her an awful mother. Her daughters should be grateful, after all they owe her a pretty nice life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely at a time when their mother is at her lowest these girls should be helping her not kicking her when she is down..

Agreed.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    What selfish lil B*&CHES

Sorry your mother needs you she gave you life and pretty damn good upbringing and you can't amuse her or help her out. Sad.

Sometimes, when the behavior of someone you love becomes destructive and they refuse to get help, you have to walk away and leave them to it. It's not selfish, it's about survival. There's only so many times you can watch someone drink themselves into a stupor and be on the recieving end of the resulting behavior before you have to walk away for the sake of your own sanity and physical/emotional well-being.

Perhaps this will be the wake-up call that Demi needs. I hope she gets herself back on track.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of us really know what's happened though, do we? There's probably a lot more going on behind the scenes. I just hope that they all manage to resolve their issues.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for her to be abandoned by her daughters just when she needs them most must be heartbreaking, if the story is true of course. If it is then really in my mind there is no justification for this..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter what and my mother went through he** with her mom abused by her step dad etc.

and my mother STILL supported her through thick and thin.. why? Because at the end of the day its your mom.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart really goes out to Demi.:cry:

I'm 100% certain that she feels quite bad enough without having the selfish behaviour of these brats to contend with.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe all the nasty comments directed towards the daughters here. From what I've seen of the family in the past they all seemed quite close, so I wouldn't have thought the daughters would 'consider restraining orders' lightly.

I was the same age as Demi's youngest daughter when my mother had a breakdown and spiralled into severe alcoholism and depression. For a time I was the one she relied on (in between hospital stays) - I did everything for; I held her when she wept for hours at a time, I called the ambulance when she overdosed, I cooked all of her meals for her, physically put her in the bath to clean her and hundreds of other things, very much at the expense of my own health. I wasn't equipped to deal with her issues, I was 'enabling' her addictions and I ended up in a very intense depression of my own. My anorexia spiralled out of control too, as a direct result of the constant stress and anxiety of looking after my mother full-time.

In the end my mother got herself well, but if she hadn't I'm not sure how much longer I could have continued having her in my life. It would have been heartbreaking for me to have to cut contact with her, but I can quite honestly see how it could have got to that point. Obviously I don't know the details of Demi's situation - I'm just saying that I think it's harsh to call them 'bitches' and 'selfish brats' at this stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    if true it's a shame her daughters are not there for her when she needs them if it was not for demi and bruce they would not be here today if you can't talk to your family who else can you turn too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs de winter whilst I feel for you and what you went through.. You had to do it alone,there is 3 of them and a few calls a day to her might help. Ignoring her calls will make her worse and maybe a few words of support is all she needs to help get through the day.. They can spend a little time with her at weekends,spread it between them so it's not to much for them also.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know what's happened here. Maybe the daughters are being selfish, maybe Demi has driven them to take this action. It's just a sad situation all round, and made worse by the press thriving on it.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, the are some parents who can cause a lot of damage to their children and if the kids are of an age where they are free to make the choice as to whether to have contact then that's their decision, but unless Demi has turned out to be evil incarnate then this seems an overly harsh reaction.

There must be something they can do to pull together and resolve the problem.

Alas, families can be tough-going and cause a lot of pain; who can truly know what goes on behind closed doors??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem harsh - but maybe they are doing it to try to make her get the help she needs(?)
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we don't know the ins & outs but there must be something up for all 3 of them to be considering such a drastic step. The woman has always come across as totally self-absorbed to me: yes, she's had a relationship break-up but FFS, she won't be the first nor the last to experience such.:confused: She needs to get a grip already - perhaps she drove AK away with her self-absorption...
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    We don't know what's happened here. Maybe the daughters are being selfish, maybe Demi has driven them to take this action. It's just a sad situation all round, and made worse by the press thriving on it.

Agree. I think the saddest thing is that this has been leaked to the media and I do wonder where that came from. I think Demi needs professional help, is possibly not responding to reason, but this becoming public is not likely to make things any better. Really hope she sorts herself out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Well we don't know the ins & outs but there must be something up for all 3 of them to be considering such a drastic step. The woman has always come across as totally self-absorbed to me: yes, she's had a relationship break-up but FFS, she won't be the first nor the last to experience such.:confused: She needs to get a grip already - perhaps she drove AK away with her self-absorption...

That wasn't a excuse for AK cheating, he could have just split from her.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Geneve wrote: »
    What selfish lil B*&CHES

They're probably pissed off at the names she gave them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, maybe all 3 of her daughters are just selfish? Just because all 3 are ganging up together doesn't make them right. I used to gang up with my siblings doesn't mean we were right meant we just stuck together.!
  • Shannon_BurnettShannon_Burnett Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    They're probably pissed off at the names she gave them

:D:D:D

I hope they are equally pissed off at Bruce Willis for the chins he gave them!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demi must be phoning/emailing them goodness knows how many times a day for them to consider such drastic action. I wonder if her daughters are exaggerating or being truthful?
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    That wasn't a excuse for AK cheating, he could have just split from her.
    In an 'ideal' world yes, but in the real world peeps often cheat as a means of getting away from someone they no longer wish to be with...