Kelly Rowland New Show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So what is happening with this show Kelly was going to do in Australia instead of X Factor this year?

Comments

• THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been a massive massive flop here in Australia sadly. It could be axed soon
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry it has been axed after disastrous ratings. No one here is really a fan of Kelly and Jason, let alone another dance show as we have too many here.

Channel 10 tried to make it work, let alone the annoying promo that was everywhere.....but sadly it just was not a good show. It was a copy of 'so you think you can dance'

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/everybody-dance-now-axed-by-network-ten/story-e6frfku9-1226455207368
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a good voice but she not a massive star as she thinks she is and should have stuck with X Factor instead of trying to front a show.

Even though I went off her a little during the love shows i'm surprised her music tanked to badly here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she really has been trying hard to get into tv these past few years hasn't she?! didn't she have some kind of fashion show a couple of years ago? before x factor...it tanked aswell.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    she really has been trying hard to get into tv these past few years hasn't she?! didn't she have some kind of fashion show a couple of years ago? before x factor...it tanked aswell.[/QUOTE]

what does tanked mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she really has been trying hard to get into tv these past few years hasn't she?! didn't she have some kind of fashion show a couple of years ago? before x factor...it tanked aswell.[/QUOTE]

what does tanked mean?

performed poorly/wasn't that well received. kelly was replaced after one season. i'm pretty sure it did another and then got cancelled...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Kelly. Dumped off X Factor, records flopping, new show (which I never heard of before) is dropped... Strictly or CBB next? Coach Trip?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Poor Kelly. Dumped off X Factor, records flopping, new show (which I never heard of before) is dropped... Strictly or CBB next? Coach Trip?

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

her tv career certainly doesn't look too great.

i know that she's probably looking for the exposure, but i think the best thing for kelly to do would be to stick to music and maybe reassess the type of music she wants to make. she has a good voice, but that sort of 'underground' dance/r&b style of her last album didn't do her any favours, and as a result the album didn't really make a splash, did it?...part of it's who she works with. she had 2 great big smash hits with guetta. both were dance/pop tracks with big vocals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I think what killed Everybody dance now, was that the format was to confusing, no time to get to know the contestants no auditions. I think it had a lot of potential, however in this day and age ratings is key. In terms of her music, I personally think that it depends on the country.In the US, Here I am did reasonable well in fact it was her most successful to date. I think that it's great that she wants to try new avenues. At the end of the day it is all about trial and error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'd be good in a Donna Summer biopic. It's uncanny how much she resembles her in some pics.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her career is over even after her xfactor performance she flopped
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her career is over even after her xfactor performance she flopped

TBF that was a re-release
    Forum Member
    Her career is far from over, she has endorsement deals, she's still nominated for awards and she still has a record deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album performed well in America, peaking at Number 3 in the Billboard charts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her tv career certainly doesn't look too great.

i know that she's probably looking for the exposure, but i think the best thing for kelly to do would be to stick to music and maybe reassess the type of music she wants to make. she has a good voice, but that sort of 'underground' dance/r&b style of her last album didn't do her any favours, and as a result the album didn't really make a splash, did it?...part of it's who she works with. she had 2 great big smash hits with guetta. both were dance/pop tracks with big vocals.

I think outside the states, the combination of Kelly and David really works, I'm referring to Commander of course and WLTO.

In the states, the combination of Kelly and Lil Wayne also works., I'm obviously referring to Motivation, which stayed #1 for 7 and a half weeks, and most recently ICE (released bout 2 days ago) currently sitting at #2 on r&b/soul chart

1 Thing Kelly Rowland lacks.. Promotion
    Promotion is Key! She doesn't perform enough in the states and outside! She's not a household bane like Beyonce that could still sell albums while chilling at home, pregnant and not performing.

Promo! Promo! Promo! I emphasize
    Forum Member
    I think outside the states, the combination of Kelly and David really works, I'm referring to Commander of course and WLTO.

In the states, the combination of Kelly and Lil Wayne also works., I'm obviously referring to Motivation, which stayed #1 for 7 and a half weeks, and most recently ICE (released bout 2 days ago) currently sitting at #2 on r&b/soul chart

Promotion is Key! She doesn't perform enough in the states and outside! She's not a household bane like Beyonce that could still sell albums while chilling at home, pregnant and not performing.

I agree, I think that is something her and her management need to look at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well that's what EVERY artist needs if they're ever going to reach that household status. she's clearly being trying to get more exposure through getting various tv gigs, but that's quite clearly not working...i liked kelly on the x factor and thought she was fun, gave good criticisms and had great chemistry with gary. but the majority of people turned on her and the hate she got in the press etc was a little shocking (and partly down to the fact that they're so desperate to build up tulisa as their "new cheryl").

i do agree though that how well your music does is down to the market it's plugged to. her last album may have done well in the r&b scene in america, but it did nothing over here, where she had full exposure on x factor (the biggest show on television) AND a prime slot at the children in need concert which was also a massive ratings winner. both performances got panned, when they each (even separately) should have easily secured her a good solid hit and album sales.
    i just don't think that she's been making good career decisions recently....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that's what EVERY artist needs if they're ever going to reach that household status. she's clearly being trying to get more exposure through getting various tv gigs, but that's quite clearly not working...i liked kelly on the x factor and thought she was fun, gave good criticisms and had great chemistry with gary. but the majority of people turned on her and the hate she got in the press etc was a little shocking (and partly down to the fact that they're so desperate to build up tulisa as their "new cheryl").

i do agree though that how well your music does is down to the market it's plugged to. her last album may have done well in the r&b scene in america, but it did nothing over here, where she had full exposure on x factor (the biggest show on television) AND a prime slot at the children in need concert which was also a massive ratings winner. both performances got panned, when they each (even separately) should have easily secured her a good solid hit and album sales.
    i just don't think that she's been making good career decisions recently....

Absolutely agree with you., but one good decision she made lately, was to step away from Matthew Knowles. He sat her up in the shadow of Beyonce. If she was maganed by someone else from the start, she probs would have been a much bigger star by now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree with you., but one good decision she made lately, was to step away from Matthew Knowles. He sat her up in the shadow of Beyonce. If she was maganed by someone else from the start, she probs would have been a much bigger star by now

yeah - other than dilemma and stole, which both must have been ~10 years ago, it's only since she ditched matthew that we've actually started to hear about her in her own right.
    on the other hand, if not for matthew then destiny's child wouldn't have happened....or at least if she wasn't so close to the knowles. they had no problem replacing the other members...
    i don't think she would have had such a level of success as what she had as part of DC if not for the knowles, so you can't really hate on them for holding her back, as they gave her a huge platform. BUT, she should have gone with different solo management much sooner than what she did - especially once she realised that matthew was quite obviously 100% invested in making beyonce a star.
    i think she'll always be in beyonce's shadow now.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    It has been a massive massive flop here in Australia sadly. It could be axed soon

Well, no surprise there then. Could not stand the woman when she was on X Factor, she was so up herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    i quite liked her :o
    Forum Member

I agree the UK press in particular anything associated with Dan Wootton really turned on her. She got a rough ride all because they saw Trollisa as their new tabloid queen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASHFORDSTP wrote: »

I agree the UK press in particular anything associated with Dan Wootton really turned on her. She got a rough ride all because they saw Trollisa as their new tabloid queen.

ugh that utter prick!!! i loathe that guy. he always goes on about how he has the "inside scoope" and it will all be a big reveal....when it turns out that 3/4 of his articles are solely his extremely skewed opinions, and the last quarter is information that was already known! last year he was absolutely vile about both kelly and gary (and also their contestants), completely passive about louis, and sang tulisa's praises to the high heavens and beyond. turns out they're long time mates.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member

I think it's the fact that Kelly didn't even pretend to be interested in the slightest towards the end that made people turn on her, as opposed to anything Tulisa did. Not that that will stop anyone blaming her, of course.