Options

REC 3: Genesis

caz06caz06 Posts: 849
Forum Member
✭✭
Well finally got to watch this on on demand after months of waiting for it and can safely say i wish i didn't bother, utterly embaressing to a franchise that i believed was brilliant.

whilst the story is good, they've taken away the handheld camera style and just shoot it like a normal film, and they include dodgy background music which really doesnt fit well with the film at all and they seem to have made this more a comedy film
getting 2 blokes to dress up in a knights armour going around killing the zombies

i don't know what on earth the producers were thinking with this film, the only redeemable thing about this film is the bride, she was amazing, and their was 1 or 2 good kills but apart from that the atmosphere from the first 2 , espcially what REC1 had is gone completely, and aparently REC4, the conclusion of the first 2 films is going to be shot like a movie aswell so i dont hold out any hope for the REC franchise anymore, truely an afwul film!! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rec2 fell apart once they left the claustrophobia of the apartment block and it never recovered.

The first movie is a masterpiece by anyone’s estimation and it’s a tragedy they couldn’t continue in that vein or just leave it alone altogether. Franchising it like Saw is just disrespectful.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I've got it on blu ray to watch tonight from Blockbusters, loved the first one but not expecting this to be anywhere near as good.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    OMG i have just watched it and it is so crap!

So disappointed i had to skip some parts as it was just awful and so cheesy.

I laughed more then anything. the writer needs sacking for the terrible dialogue. What did it for me was having the 2 guys dress in armour like WTH ? ?

3/10