Olly Murs new single ripping off Maroon 5

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just heard the dreadful Olly Murs' new single in an advert on tv, a blatant rip-off of Maroon 5's 'This Love'

I'm confused, Who likes this guy . . . .

Who buys this guys records, Is it women ?

I can't see guys buying into this sh*t . . . .

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it is more a rip off of Maroon 5 Misery, not This Love:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I've thought this for weeks! It sounds just like a Maroon 5 song, just not quite as good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I'd say it is more a rip off of Maroon 5 Misery, not This Love:D

The more I hear it, it really does. Especially on the intro before the first verse and the chorus part.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first thing I thought when I heard this song was that it sounded like a Maroon 5 rip off.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which Olly Murs song? troublemaker or new...new one?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Troublemaker is a brilliant song. Who couldn't love Olly Murs when he wears those very tight trousers?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    He is so annoying! Thankfully I haven't heard his new song and I've no intention of listening to it either. I always switch off the TV when it comes on.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His whole career is just about ripping off different artists
    -
    Paolo Nutini
    Maroon 5
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His appeal is a total mystery to me too. But each to their own I suppose :rolleyes: I will give him this though: he does have a quite superb PR team behind him :rolleyes:

That song does sound like Maroon 5, and I've only heard snippets of it.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paolo Nutini, Maroon 5, Will Young, Robbie Williams, Jason Mraz, anyone else? whoever whose style he's impersonating it's serving him well, I can't stand the man myself and I'm waiting to see how well he'll do without all his x-factor and xtra factor show appearances.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troublemaker is a brilliant song! One of the catchiest songs of the year.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Paolo Nutini, Maroon 5, Will Young, Robbie Williams, Jason Mraz, anyone else? whoever whose style he's impersonating it's serving him well, I can't stand the man myself and I'm waiting to see how well he'll do without all his x-factor and xtra factor show appearances.

Besides the #1's the other singles tend to scrape into the top 30...
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Troublemaker does sound very familiar, I'm not sure if it was Maroon 5 that it reminds me of though :confused:
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just listened to those two songs after each other, there is definitely a similarity there
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it sounds like Britney Spears' Crazy.

But whatever... Most pop stars are ripping off each other nowadays anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »

I do wonder how well he is going to do when x factor is going to end. will not be surprised if this album does really well because his been on our tellies from the end of August on the weekends. So very good promotion there.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member

I don't believe there's an original bone in Olli's body. I'm hoping his 'in your face' promo will start to annoy.

I also think Ed Sheeran's new song is a rip off of the Damien Rice sound, only not so good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puterkid wrote: »
    I don't believe there's an original bone in Olli's body. I'm hoping his 'in your face' promo will start to annoy.

I also think Ed Sheeran's new song is a rip off of the Damien Rice sound, only not so good.

Ed hasn't made it a secret that Damien Rice is his inspiration and he moulded his sound after him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Just heard Misery by Maroon 5 for the first time. Complete rip-off from Murs. His success is truly baffling, everything about him is mediocre.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Canks wrote: »
    Just heard Misery by Maroon 5 for the first time. Complete rip-off from Murs. His success is truly baffling, everything about him is mediocre.

I don't see the appeal of Olly Murs at all. Who's buying his music? Is it aimed at teenage girls? Older women? Kids? His music isn't even that good. It's just bland and ripping off others. BTW I'm a young woman (22) and can't stand him! He is so annoying.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member

That's the one it reminds me of! I thought the song had been out several years but could not put my finger on what it was, thanks for that, it's been bugging me :)
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this guy certainly gets all the breaks, after his support act stint with One Direction in America, he's now landed support act for Robbie Williams on his tour, it'll be like a father and son act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I don't see the appeal of Olly Murs at all. Who's buying his music? Is it aimed at teenage girls? Older women? Kids? His music isn't even that good. It's just bland and ripping off others. BTW I'm a young woman (22) and can't stand him! He is so annoying.

I completely agree. With every other singer or group, I can see their appeal and their target auidence but with him, I just don't get it all :confused: I don't think he's particularly likeable either, I find him and Flack both rather nauseating on the Xtra Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it does sound similar to Maroon5`s "misery" i like him tho his album is surprisingly decent enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invisipost