Options

Advice to ee producers about Bens return

radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now we all know Ben will return at some point and it will be a recast again! However I think it is very important to cast the RIGHT TYPE of actor this time. My advice is do what corrie do, hold audition workshops, with various actors in scenes with his on screen family. This gives you an idea of the chemistry and dynamic between them.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If DTC does bring Ben back I bet he is as camp as Christmas. That seemed to be the direction DTC wanted to take him down before Kirkwood recast and turned him into a sinister killer. As everything else on the show has reverted back to pre Kirkwood expect Ben to as well.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Eastenders do bring back Ben Mitchell its essential they cast the right actor as it would be the last shot they have of making Ben a big character! Its obvious Kirkwood and co made a blunder with Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale, she may be a good actress but she was woefully miscast for the role of Lucy and hence why DTC decided to kill her off, he realised that yet another recast was going to be to much.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got to say I dont want him back the last two bens have been horrible
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do we know he will be recast, I like the last Ben, hope he'll return, it will be absolutely ridiculous to have a third Ben (not counting any baby Bens). Bobby definitely needs to be recast but he's at an age were it doesn't really matter but after everything that Ben has been through, a different version will be a joke.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    If Eastenders do bring back Ben Mitchell its essential they cast the right actor as it would be the last shot they have of making Ben a big character! Its obvious Kirkwood and co made a blunder with Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale, she may be a good actress but she was woefully miscast for the role of Lucy and hence why DTC decided to kill her off, he realised that yet another recast was going to be to much.

In what way was Hetti been a miscast..I think she has been great and especially when Peter was recast..believable as twins....
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    They should just kill the character off the past 2 recasts were awful Ben.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see no reason why Ben would return...pushing even soap stories a bit far that a murderer would come back to the scene of his crime..and yes I do know it was a manslaughter charge but even so >:(
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    radyag wrote: »
    Now we all know Ben will return at some point and it will be a recast again! However I think it is very important to cast the RIGHT TYPE of actor this time. My advice is do what corrie do, hold audition workshops, with various actors in scenes with his on screen family. This gives you an idea of the chemistry and dynamic between them.

You do realise that is what happens with every casting?! It's a screen test and they workshop different actors with the current cast. Kellie Bright has said numerous times she screen tested for Tanya Branning but the chemistry with Max obviously wasn't right.

I'm not sure why you think it's a process exclusive to Corrie when it's something every TV drama will do.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we know he will be recast, I like the last Ben, hope he'll return, it will be absolutely ridiculous to have a third Ben (not counting any baby Bens). Bobby definitely needs to be recast but he's at an age were it doesn't really matter but after everything that Ben has been through, a different version will be a joke.

Joshua will never be back as Ben. He was axed and his exit story planned long before anything came up about his arrest. It was just coincidence that his departure from EE broke around the same time.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »
    In what way was Hetti been a miscast..I think she has been great and especially when Peter was recast..believable as twins....

I just don't think Hetti was right for Lucy, Mel Sulfield was never the strongest of actresses either but its clear Santer and DTC saw her as the Lucy Beale they wanted and say what you want but Mel brought Lucy to life and she had charisma and a presence about her, Hetti made Lucy weak, vulnerable and cold and I never felt we got to know Lucy with her playing her. Hetti sadly can't do bitchy and manipulative scenes to save her life (a major part of Lucy's character) and she doesn't have an on screen presence about her at all, she also needs to improve her voice dictation as the way she delivers her lines isn't always the greatest. I agree she worked well with Ben Hardy as Peter and if Hetti was playing another role she may have been a success but Lucy Beale was not just another role, it was a big character steeped in EE history and sadly Kirkwood and Co made a huge error in giving her that job.
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cast Mike Bailey for the role. He looks kind of similair to the last Ben and he can act!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

Agreed!
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not that would be silly, That's Phil Mitchells only Son!
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their is no way they would kill off philths only son! Plus the fact he is gay is an extra dynamic to the character.